• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dune: Spice Wars launches out of Early Access on September 14th!

Draugoth

Gold Member
9fd421f16ce4848181b361bb133555b46eddc150.png

Hello Everyone!

First up, thank you all for all the feedback following the announcement of House Ecaz. We're very happy with how the faction is coming together and we can't wait to hear your thoughts on Arrakis' newest arrival when the game launches out of Early Access later this month, which conveniently leads us to our next announcement...

We are very proud to share that Dune: Spice Wars launches out of Early Access and into 1.0 on the 14th of September!
With release now within spitting distance, we thought it would be a good time to address some of the burning questions we've been getting of late and give some details on what to expect from this major milestone in D:SW's development!

So read on for the official Dune: Spice Wars 1.0 F.A.Q...

What is Dune Spice Wars?

• Dune Spice Wars is a 4X featuring real time strategy game elements based in Frank Herbert's iconic Dune universe

How much will it cost?

• The current price for the game is $/€29.99, but will rise to $/€34.99 upon the launch out of Early Access.

When does the game release into 1.0?

• The game releases on Steam on September 14th.

How big will the download be?

• The game client is likely to be around 4GB at release.

What are the system requirements for Dune: Spice Wars?

The system requirements are as follows:

7MzMQLX.png

Last edited:

twilo99

The books are absolutely incredible. God Emperor is is in my top 5.

The movies are only ok. Should’ve been a TV show instead.

I’ll certainly try the game.

Hudo

I dunno man, as a big-ass Dune fan, I tried the game and went away with mixed feelings. It made me actually go back and play Dune 2000 instead. I think a proper 4X would've worked better or a proper RTS. This weird mixture just isn't doing it for me.

Maybe the SciFi channels Dune & Children of Dune TV shows from the early 2000's will interest you (y)

Drake

I bought this game in Early access quite a while ago when it was on sale. It's fun and has a decent amount of depth. Looking forward to the full release.

Last edited:

amigastar

Does anyone know the time it releases on the 14th?
Try it out people it's on Game Pass also.

Last edited:

Boneless

The movie is better than anything anybody couldve hoped for, stellar acting, incredible cinematics, its an amazing film.

twilo99

The movie is better than anything anybody couldve hoped for, stellar acting, incredible cinematics, its an amazing film.

Which one? I haven’t seen the one from 1984, but I heard that it wasn’t too bad.

The one from 2021 is alright. Paul Atreides‘s character comes across as a bit weak for my liking thus far, but we will see what they do with that progression in the sequel.

That universe is amazing.. someone should pick it up and do a proper RPG game

Duchess

The one from 2021 is alright.
They needed more shots of the planets from space, etc. The scale of the universe was completely lost with the characters simply talking about them. It was a shame they didn't show any of the Highliners, folding space, etc.

someone should pick it up and do a proper RPG game
The Amiga (and PC) game is a pretty good adventure game set on Dune.

Top Bottom