• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Booth Babes Dialogues

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/report/e3expo2004_babes/page01.php

image17.jpg

I ask if she's comfortable with so many guys posing with her. "It's weird when they put their arms around me," she replies, "but then I feel them shaking and I'm like, whatever, if it's so important to you . . . it's funny when guys come up to me and tell me that it's their first time touching a girl."

Talking about free Pokemon plushies:
"It's funny that people act this way over little stuffed toys," I say to another of the girls, Jessica, who is standing a few paces away. ... "People will walk up to us and just try to grab it."

As we wrap up our conversation, I snap a picture of Jessica and thank her for speaking with me. She calls over to her frazzled companion at the plushie desk, who tosses over a mini Squirdle. Jessica hands it to me. I walk out of Nintendo's booth in the dying seconds of E3 clutching my notebook in one hand and the Squirdle in the other, and hear some of the guys clustered around the desk muttering, "so why did she get a plushie?"

"I've been working for Capcom for the past three days," she tells me. "Yesterday I was passing out these lotion packets and everyone thought they were condoms."

WTF?

belgurdo

Banned
Nice to see that models don't duh-duh their way through contracts. Shame they have to put up with that stuff, though.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
A good friend of mine is a booth babe, not the kind you see @ E3, but she still has an awful lot of weird tales to amuse you... mostly regarding dirty old men from business expos.

Sometimes they have to bear with some serious crap from the attendants and their own bosses.

Slo

Should they expect any more? Booth babes are just hired T&A, they only exist to flirt with unwashed gamer geeks that would fall for such obvious sexual marketing.

Santo

robertsan21 said:
man i can imagine there are alot of guys at E3 that are nerds and dont do anything else than play videogames.

E3 2001 i picked up a girl working for sony, i whent on a dinner with her and i mett her everynight during that E3, i am still good friends with her.

English Motherfucker! Do you speak it?

AniHawk

"If you don't have a token, you won't get a plushie. I repeat. If you don't have a token, you won't get a plushie!"

That's not true... I got one for just playing Pokemon Fire Red. People also got them if you sang the Pokemon song (I sure as hell didn't). Kobun got one for his impersonation of Pikachu.

People did go crazy over the various goodies. At the GBA Video booth, people kept stealing the no-adapter-needed GBA SP headphones. I took about 5 GBA screen wipes though (they kept handing them to me).

Only thing I tried to grab without anyone looking was a second Sly 2 demo...

Hero

"I was having a discussion with my friends here," says the UCLA graduate, "about how we would be millionaires if we could corner a women gamer market. I personally don't play a lot of games because I don't want to spend the time getting acquainted with the controls. I just want to get right into it."

Iwata obviously is trying to reach the booth babe audience with simpler games.

I ask if she's comfortable with so many guys posing with her. "It's weird when they put their arms around me," she replies, "but then I feel them shaking and I'm like, whatever, if it's so important to you . . . it's funny when guys come up to me and tell me that it's their first time touching a girl."

opa.jpg

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.

...WTF? Touching how exactly? Surely anyone old enough to go E3 has hugged a girl or had their hand around a girl's waist before. It's not like they're groping them, in which case it becomes slightly believable.

Plus if you were a guy who's somehow never managed to touch a girl in any way before, would you really tell the first girl you touch that this is the case? Sounds to me like she's embellishing to show how she's a goddess, they're losers, they must worship her.

Personally I reckon you're screwed whatever you do. Don't touch them: "What a loser, too afraid to even touch a girl". Touch them: "Ew, he just comes right up and puts his arm round me".

some bitch at E3 said:
"It's weird when they put their arms around me," she replies, "but then I feel them shaking and I'm like, whatever, if it's so important to you . ."
It's usually the women that are trembling when my arms wrap around them. Must be my studly looks ;)

Chrono

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
...WTF? Touching how exactly? Surely anyone old enough to go E3 has hugged a girl or had their hand around a girl's waist before. It's not like they're groping them, in which case it becomes slightly believable.

Plus if you were a guy who's somehow never managed to touch a girl in any way before, would you really tell the first girl you touch that this is the case? Sounds to me like she's embellishing to show how she's a goddess, they're losers, they must worship her.

Personally I reckon you're screwed whatever you do. Don't touch them: "What a loser, too afraid to even touch a girl". Touch them: "Ew, he just comes right up and puts his arm round me".

Those girls probably want more then to wear weird clothes and stand around looking (relatively...) good in a videogames convention. It makes sense they’re trying to exaggerate everything and talk about their god-like stature with those "losers." Because, of course, she's a hot model working for Versace. :rolleyes: :p

i find it funny too. I don't understand why nerds want to stop and take pictures of themselves with hot booth girls. When you're walking through the mall, do you stop and put your arm around the perfume girl at the department store and have your friend take a pic?

Ninja Scooter said:
i find it funny too. I don't understand why nerds want to stop and take pictures of themselves with hot booth girls. When you're walking through the mall, do you stop and put your arm around the perfume girl at the department store and have your friend take a pic?
Exactly! To all you nerds out there: That guy that yells out "LOSER" as he walks by your dorky ass posing for a picture with a booth babe is me ;)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Mr_Furious said:
Exactly! To all you nerds out there: That guy that yells out "LOSER" as he walks by your dorky ass posing for a picture with a booth babe is me ;)

And me.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
I really didn't enjoy the article because this is stuff I had already figured out myself. Eh, it could have been done better by getting some viewpoints of men who find the idea of booth babes pointless. I go to Florida State where I get to see hot girls all year long. E3 is only three days and that's for me to play upcoming games and meet industry contacts, not oogle booth babes.

Keio

For a Finer World
I think this article is an important reminder to many people that the people working at booths are real people with real lives.

Even more so after reading this thread.

belgurdo

Banned
ourumov said:
It's sad what some of they think about gamers...

This is largely because they aren't gamers themselves. These bitches tend to be the ones you see sitting at the back of the Starbucks talking about people or about the pumps they spent a child support check on. Don't cry for these people.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
robertsan21 said:
E3 2001 i picked up a girl working for sony, i whent on a dinner with her and i mett her everynight during that E3, i am still good friends with her!

Robert just out of curiousity who was the girl at Sony you're referring to?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yeah posing with girls and taking pictures with booth babes was pretty amusing when I was 14 and 15 but I easily grew out of that.

Even if you wanted to take a picture with girls there are always a group of guys drooling all around them. When the giveaways are brought out ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. Hot women giving away free videogame related paraphenalia? Get the fuck out of there pronto.

aoi tsuki

This is the kind of article i imagined myself writing if i went to E3. i just wish there were more opinions from the booth babes. Impressions from guys would be harder to get since they're there to grab swag, play games, and gawk over the games. i'd gladly take ten pages of interviews over ten pages of "Official E3 200X Booth Babe Pics".

Top Bottom