• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA has copy and pasted Fifa on Switch for 2 years, so IGN copy and pasted their review from last year and lowered the score

Kamina

Golden Boy
I dont remember ign giving nintendo the same treatment when they released Mario 64 for the Switch virtually unchanged asking full price.
Rereleasing a game on another console some years later =/= releasing the same game every year on the same console.

Dont get me wrong, i dont like Nintend’s pricing policy, but they arent even in the same league of greed as EA.

Last edited:

notseqi

Rereleasing a game on another console some years later =/= releasing the same game every year on the same console.

Dont get me wrong, i dont like Nintend’s pricing policy, but they arent even in the same league of greed as EA.
At least they are not blatant about it. Well, they are, but you know that when you're going in.
You're getting shit out too. Dang, I love Nintendo.

RaySoft

pps25iawp1i31.png
Awesome pic! I just had to import it into Gimp to find out how:)
But really guys... still using light theme?

For the uninvited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sports games outside of the Show are a bunch of junk this is known in the gaming community.

mhirano

You can't spell COPYING without IGN.

Kudos to IGN for vindicating the players
Also kudos to Konami for being honest and just selling a 2021 patch (not on Switch though).

FStubbs

All That will change is EA will stop putting FIFA on switch At all and cite poor sales.

That's probably the objective, actually. Management or shareholders probably force EA to support the Switch, so they just put out a poor low budget effort, see the low sales, and then they can go back to management with "proof" that supporting the Switch is useless.

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Problem is that there's no alternative for a good football game, so EA can basically get away with shit like this.

Love that IGN's review is delicious copypasta.
PES is the alternative. It’s gameplay is far superior and it’s not even close.

mango drank

You don't need to be goth to embrace the dark side
Dark themes are usually too gloomy and oppressive to me. I give them a shot on occasion, but inevitably after a while I switch back the light side. Case in point: what the hell, I'll try dark GAF right now.

June

Konami and EA have been doing this for a while on systems where there aren't much sales, i.e, this was how they handled their PS2 versions when people moved onto PS3, etc etc.

Does FIFA not sell that well on Switch?

Porcile

I think I bought the first FIFA on Switch and it was so bad. How do they not have a single player campaign even comparable to PES's Master League? Awful company. I'll never buy one of their games again.

Ozzie666

Wouldn't it be more profitable just to sell a Roster Update or something? If there are going to be this transparent, they may as well right?

just tray

Banned
What about the Madden games who were so lazy as to literally have last year's textures in the latest edition? You were that lazy you couldn't even edit out the freaking year???? I would buy 60 dollars in Fortnite skins before I ever purchase another Madden. I will buy sixty dollars in horse armor before I buy another Madden game. I will vote for Biden before I buy another Madden Game. I will low crawl through a mine field.

Lazy is 360/PS3 A.I. through the entire generation. That's scripted bullshit that's not football. The replays themselves reveal the laziness and especially with FIFA u charge full price for the same game?

Lol FIFA 21 or FIFA 2020 :Remastered is what you should have called it. For shame, EA.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
People need to vote with their wallets though but they won’t. Grand parents etc. will still impulse buy for their grand kids especially in the run up to Christmas as they won’t know any difference, even some thick parents will.

If I want to be some sanctimonious fucker, I could say the PS / XB versions haven’t really changed - they trot out all these so called improvements every year for those versions but it’s still a dogshit game.

EDIT: sorry and master race version too. Can’t upset them.

Last edited:

nicktwilight

Neo Member

They could have done so much more with these games that i believe that its them banking on our nostalgia and memories of these games.Iam a big Ninty fan myself but i cant turn a blind eye towards their anti consumer moves lately.

Top Bottom