• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexad

It was recorded yesterday as planned. Brandon just needs to edit it. It went up in the week before E3 last years too.

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to cut it off by time as it may curtail a good conversation. Maybe only 1 or 2 games per person.

I like having one or two games at most which still keeps things jolly without cutting people off but does keep it more focused

Wiggy

Incredible episode of TTE, hilarious from the guys and great work from Ben switching back and forth and creating obstacles.

And I too think Huber should be permanent on Frame Trap.

I listen to pods/watch shows while gaming so I love how long EZA makes theres.

Also, that The Last Blade 2 finale for the group stream was epic and really funny.
#GETJONESTOEVO

Should've dropped My Hero Academia on Brandon to give him the total-opposite of the over-confidence that he disliked.

Well, Brandon's complaint about anime was the characters are all super-confident & super-competent. Maybe Shinji will address some of his issues, lol.

I feel like Brandon needs to see Berserk movie 1.

The moment when Guts and Griffith first see Zod seems like a perfect example of what he is looking for.

I mean, fuck the bets, true friends show each other Berserk.

Hasney

Easily the best Escapades episode they've done. Rivalled some Tabletop Adventure episodes.

I've felt like Escapades has beaten Adventures since they got to this city, it's just been amazing. Not that there's a bad choice!

That said, I feel like at least one of them isn't getting out of here alive...

Visceir

Something that might help would be to just have a couple minute conversation/planning before the start of the podcast where everyone tells which games they plan to talk about and see which ones overlap and which ones might be more worth talking about and lead to a good discussion.

In the first episode Kyle skipped on talking about a game because he knew someone else had also played it and would talk about it, that would allow him to jump in share his thoughts.

Easily the best Escapades episode they've done. Rivalled some Tabletop Adventure episodes.

We found out who the real villains of the story are, that ending was some extreme escalation of the situation.

Initially I actually thought Ben would just work his DM magic to get them all kicked out of town and get them moving on with a quest, that would have been cool.

First half had me laughing non-stop.

I've felt like Escapades has beaten Adventures since they got to this city, it's just been amazing. Not that there's a bad choice!

That said, I feel like at least one of them isn't getting out of here alive...
Hopefully it's that filthy Moof. Would be really funny if they stage a daring rescue of Moof and then Yogala just immediately kills him.

Great episode. I like how this silly cat stuff was going on while Law and Yogala are raising hell. Would be really funny if Heathensburg gets burned down despite being a huge part of Ben's story presumably.

Wiggy

Seriously, if anyone turned off the group stream because Dangerous Golf you should go back and watch it from when they switch to The Last Blade- it gets really good.

Hasney

Hopefully it's that filthy Moof. Would be really funny if they stage a daring rescue of Moof and then Yogala just immediately kills him.

Great episode. I like how this silly cat stuff was going on while Law and Yogala are raising hell. Would be really funny if Heathensburg gets burned down despite being a huge part of Ben's story presumably.

God yeah. I can just see Yogala burning the city down with a well timed nat 20 or something.

There's part of me that never wants them to go on another quest again. I do enjoy them, but this city has just been ripe for fantastic situations. Ripe!

Karu

God yeah. I can just see Yogala burning the city down with a well timed nat 20 or something.

There's part of me that never wants them to go on another quest again. I do enjoy them, but this city has just been ripe for fantastic situations. Ripe!
I kinda suspected it beforehand (never got to the town part in adventure), but I prefer talk-y town-y stuff waaaaay more than straight up combat encounters. (combat emerging from talk-stuff can be great though, fringe case..)

Hasney

I kinda suspected it beforehand (never got to the town part in adventure), but I prefer talk-y town-y stuff waaaaay more than straight up combat encounters. (combat emerging from talk-stuff can be great though, fringe case..)

Yeah I think DM Ben usually gets the battles right in terms of interesting things. We should never forget that "My schphincter! You fools!" Was uttered during a battle sequence. But yeah, the town stuff is always top tier.

I just wanted to say that everyone's feedback (both positive and negative) about Frame Trap has been great. You all offer detailed opinions that I find myself agreeing with more often than not.

The audio is all over the place in the last episode and I hate it. It will not happen again.

As far as the static/rotating chairs are concerned, I'm actually very torn about it. I think rotating chairs work for the EZA podcast because it's more focused.

For Frame Trap, I think the primary appeal is the rapport between people. The more familiar panelists are with the flow of the show and the other people who are a part of it, the better it's probably going to be.

That said, I don't want Frame Trap to turn into an echo chamber. Having a diverse group with very different outlooks is super valuable and something I don't want to lose.

Honestly, I don't think Frame Trap has found its footing quite yet, but it will get there. After E3 there will probably be some experimentation and I'll see what people like/don't like.

It's a damn fine podcast so far, aside from the occasional audio discrepancies. Even when topics I'm not particularly interested in are discussed I find the panel still talk about them in an engaging way.

Hasney

Seriously, if anyone turned off the group stream because Dangerous Golf you should go back and watch it from when they switch to The Last Blade- it gets really good.

Once it's on YouTube, I think people should watch the start up until Dons story, then skip ahead to Last Blade 2. There is a moment where Don is talking like he's having so much fun and then when asked just says "I'm bored out of my mind!"

I actually really like playing Dangerous Golf. The things they were missing were that after the smash breaker, you can use the right stick to aim the bounces of the ball which is where danger time cokes in handy as you can make sharper turns. Also, the flag is unlocked after a certain amount of damage in that level. Best thing to do is tee off low and to the left to get a secret sauce bonus and should get the flag after a little smash breaker then. I don't think of would have been fun to watch regardless though.

Still not a game for everybody, but as an score attack game (and on PC SSD so those loads don't annoy me), it's a blast.

fastmower

Once it's on YouTube, I think people should watch the start up until Dons story, then skip ahead to Last Blade 2. There is a moment where Don is talking like he's having so much fun and then when asked just says "I'm bored out of my mind!"

I actually really like playing Dangerous Golf. The things they were missing were that after the smash breaker, you can use the right stick to aim the bounces of the ball which is where danger time cokes in handy as you can make sharper turns. Also, the flag is unlocked after a certain amount of damage in that level. Best thing to do is tee off low and to the left to get a secret sauce bonus and should get the flag after a little smash breaker then. I don't think of would have been fun to watch regardless though.

Still not a game for everybody, but as an score attack game (and on PC SSD so those loads don't annoy me), it's a blast.
I'm bored out of my skull!

Attention Allies! Does anyone here have the older GT Time episodes on their hard drive? I'm talking about the earlier episodes that aren't on Youtube. They were recently removed of off all podcasting websites and I only have the first 27 episodes. Youtube's list doesn't start until episode 40-something.

Love & respect.

After Yogalla got Moof's back broken when he could just use magic hand and then calling Moof an idiot for doing what Yogalla forced him to? I don't blame Moof.

I blame the Library that should have stayed open 30 minutes longer :p

I'm hurt that Kyle messed up my name during Love & Respect. It's not even difficult! Oh well, still love these guys. Can't wait for E3!!
Pro tip, any time you send in an email anywhere thats going to potentially be read aloud and you know your name is complicated to pronounce, make sure to include how you want it to be said in the email. It helps. :)

I love that TTE has just become medieval Sienfeld.
Yeah.
Went back to watch the first episode, and he pretty much informed (or warned) viewers from the very beginning that it would be more about the players getting into mischief more than getting into the world.

Ben Moore (TTE Episode 1 https://youtu.be/mVklX6oxQsc?t=28s)
Ben Moore/Dungeon Master said:
"...this is a D&D's show, where we play D&D. Basically what that means is ...this is kind of an improvisational comedy show.
.... I create a world and story line, and these guys get to screw it up completely ...and we don't get to experience any of it.
....That's the general outline..."

Real quick, does anyone know the name of the book they are using for the descriptions?

UrbanRats

I love that TTE has just become medieval Sienfeld.

Seriously, i look forward to it more than Game of Thrones now (and this season of GoT ain't even bad).
Latest episodes had me in stitches, again.

Hell, the last two episodes made me laugh harder than the last season of Always Sunny, even.

SeanTSC

100% with Brandon on Horror movies. The overwhelming majority of them are complete and utter shit. My girlfriend is crazy into them, they're her favorite thing, and I have learned far far far more about horror than I have ever wanted to. She straight up admits they're pretty much all garbage too. There's just soooooooo many of them too. So fucking many, you wouldn't believe the insane amount of them, especially thanks to Korea and Japan.

And christ, she had me watch #Horror with her. One of the worst experiences of my life.

Bigrx1

Banned
So the old Tabletop Adventures podcasts aren't available on itunes as of this week. They still are listed but you can't download them. I just reset my phone too and need them again anyone know where I could possibly get them now? If at all?

sappyday

I asked my manager to give me monday and tuesday off next week for my days off. Hopefully he gives it to me cause I cannot express how fun it was watching GT's streams last year.

When you don't know much about a game, don't try and blag it. Just move on, you don't need to talk about every news story if it didn't resonate with anyone.
The Injustice talk was so cringey. Jones wanting stuff that was already in the 1st game and them thinking stuff that was actually from MKvsDC was from Injustice 1. Just move on.

I just wanted to say that everyone's feedback (both positive and negative) about Frame Trap has been great. You all offer detailed opinions that I find myself agreeing with more often than not.

The audio is all over the place in the last episode and I hate it. It will not happen again.

As far as the static/rotating chairs are concerned, I'm actually very torn about it. I think rotating chairs work for the EZA podcast because it's more focused.

For Frame Trap, I think the primary appeal is the rapport between people. The more familiar panelists are with the flow of the show and the other people who are a part of it, the better it's probably going to be.

That said, I don't want Frame Trap to turn into an echo chamber. Having a diverse group with very different outlooks is super valuable and something I don't want to lose.

Honestly, I don't think Frame Trap has found its footing quite yet, but it will get there. After E3 there will probably be some experimentation and I'll see what people like/don't like.

More is better from where I'm standing^^ I listen on my rather long commutes, so I enjoy longer episodes when possible. I want all the movie, MMO, or whatever talk, but if others don't maybe save that for the second half, so those who only want what you've been playing and Hottake can listen and bounce? I really do not want to lose any of the conversation points if possible.

Hasney

They'll explore the rest of that world eventually. Well, those characters might not... They might be re-rolling before then.

Hasney

So the podcast came out pretty quick, there's no Brandon Plays Pokemon or any reviews I'm aware of... E3 Bets coming very soon?

Woo.

Karu

Discussion moved on, but on the subject of Frame Trap, my highly relevant opinion *cough*:

The show's segments in general are fine. They're simple, don't restrict too much, but give an elegant order to the show.

The length of an episode should be decided by the natural flow of the recording.

Which brings me to my only critiscm that I - I must admit - don't necessarily know the real cause for it: But the pacing is somewhat off and I think that might have to do a thing with Ben's moderation style. Not too strict in topic transistions? Too broad questions? Too long questions? Something of that might be right, but I am not nor ever was a moderator so my tips for improvement are worth nothing, that's just how it feels sometimes.

Also: I prefer the What did you play?-segment over the Emails, because - at least on many, many other podcasts - the later tend to repeat themselves or are too similiar to each other. It's boring to me to hear the same tride evergreen question over and over again. What's your favourite game that no one else likes? What's your favourite game that you secretly hate? What's your favourite game that has a shit/great/surprising ending? I think you get what I mean :D There may be a twist involved, depending on the person asking but overall, it's not a segment I enjoy all the time (Speaking of experience regarding PS I love you, GameScoop, Giantbomb/beast Cast (though they probably have the more creative mails in general) and so on and forth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom