• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eheeheeheh, it's working.

So my nephew is all about his Final Fantasy this and Final Fantasy that. Almost no other RPG mattered. (He liked Xenosaga.) Even gave his ol' Uncle Tacky shit for not appreciating FF even half as much as he does. So, I had to belt a few picks into him.

Shadow Hearts I and II, Dragon Quarter, Valkyrie Profile, SMT: Nocturne, and Unlimited Saga later...

(In the middle of Valkyrie Profile) "THIS is a good RPG. I feel like I've been lied to with Final Fantasy. All of those hours...years... wasted on Final Fantasy..."

So, this is what happens when Square takes too long between FF installments. Eeehheheh... I can look at my nephew with pride now and say "Bitch, you've made your uncle proud. Congratulations. Have a complimentary Dragon Quarter guide. You deserve it."

Others need "saving." Onward.

Starfire

I love all those games, and still love almost every single FF (X-2 is heathern material in no way offiliated with Final Fantasy).

My mind didn't explode either, it just hurts a little.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Kuro Madoushi said:
UNLIMITED SAGA?!

The others are pretty good...but...UNLIMITED SAGA?!
There are some people who managed to enjoy US, but it's not an easy title to get into. At the very least, it features an amazing soundtrack (good ol' Hamauzu).

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I personally would rather they release a new one every 3-4 years... I think that's a good timetable... and now with the merge they've got all the more reason to stagger the releases.... but there's definitely other rpg goodness out there besides JUST FF.

Danj

Attack You said:
Valkyrie Profile

Hmm, seems like this never got released in the UK. It's weird, I remember hearing the name somewhere, but after a bunch of searching I found out there was no PAL release. I guess it's not available in the US any more either, I can't seem to find it on any of the import sites I usually check. Is it worth braving the gouge-happy environment of eBay to get a copy, since it seems to be quite rare now? Or does anyone know of a site that ships to the UK that sells it?

Top Bottom