• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicles Rising Reviews:

anthony2690

Banned
Launch Trailer:

Reviews:

Destructoid

Gaming Bolt

Noisy Pixel

Price:
$14.99/£12.99
Available on Xbox game pass.

Platforms:
Xbox/Playstation/Switch/PC

Quick edit
This is NOT Eiyuden: Hundred Heroes (the Suikoden inspired game) before we get comments saying the game looks different from the Kickstarter.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Better than I expected honestly. Well worth a try.

Now to just grow more hands so I can play all these games.

why-cant-i-hold-all-these-games.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I am just working through Chaos Gate and Root Letter, but will download on my Xbox ready as I have been interested in this when it was announced.

It's an intresting concept to launch a prequel to test the waters and help build characters, hopefully the full game will include your actions in some way.

Reactions: Isa

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's on game pass so I will give it a whirl. Sounds like a good lead in to the main course, anyway. I somewhat question the wisdom of launching a spinoff before the main game when you have a new IP, but it worked out for Bloodstained.

Saber

Gold Member
I forgot this game ever existed. Gonna keep my eye on reviews and more gameplays to see how it fairs.

nikos

This looks good, and it's on Game Pass. Looking forward to trying it out as soon as it unlocks.

Reactions: Isa

Pallas

Gold Member
Got my download code via email, will download soon. I’m pretty excited about this, some stuff is going to carry over to the main game that’s releasing later.

anthony2690

Banned
Got my download code via email, will download soon. I’m pretty excited about this, some stuff is going to carry over to the main game that’s releasing later.
Have they said what carries over? Hopefully this game is actually playable soon, tried to boot it up a couple times to be told I am too early :(

Can't wait for the hundred heroes game though :)

Pallas

Gold Member
Have they said what carries over? Hopefully this game is actually playable soon, tried to boot it up a couple times to be told I am too early :(

Can't wait for the hundred heroes game though :)
I haven’t figured out what will carry over yet, I know on their kickstarter page, there’s quite a bit of updates, I just haven’t had time to scavenger through it yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pretty excited for this, I'll definitely be checking it out.

nikos

Can anyone confirm if the game runs at 60 FPS on Switch? Game doesn't support ultrawide on PC, so I'm thinking about buying it there instead.

EDIT: It doesn't, and image quality isn't too great. Even text seems soft. Arguably may have been better to play windowed on PC or via xcloud on iPhone but I guess I'll stick to the Switch version at this point.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Huh i thought this game looked WAY BETTER

This looks like ass imo ☹️

Last edited:

kevm3

I think I would receive if it didn't have that ugly puppet, vector art looking style where they just simply rotate body parts to simulate movement. I guess full on sprites are too expensive nowadays. I also wish there was an option to reduce the smog filter. I don't know why so many of these japanese games still have that foggy look like we're still in the n64 era.

Thank God for game pass. I'll give this a go without having to gamble on it actually being good or not.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Enjoying the game, fun art and style but I wish it was possible to customize the HUD. All the elements are on screen all the time

Last edited:

Labadal

Got my key. Will hopefully put a few hours in during the weekend. I don't expect much, but positive surprises are a thing.

Saber

Gold Member
Watch some gameplay on youtube. Seeems fair...though the dialogue is very ametourish and dialogues tends to extend way too much(around 6 minutes to even start the game). The game make use of skip though, but more and more dialogues comes through the game. Wouldn't be much of bother if it wasn't for that lamish and boring writting.

belmarduk

So it IS multi-platform.
The trailer I watched just had the Steam logo on it.
I'm getting this game after work!!

anthony2690

Banned
It seems better than expected and at that price point it's a steal
A little repetitive and fetch quest galore, but it's a little charming title, I'm playing it on game pass, but I would've been more than happy dropping £12.99 for it.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than expected, I've put about 4 hours into it so far :)

Saber

Gold Member
When did attention spans become so small that a 6 minute introduction is already too long?

Its the start the game, it introduces the main character, she talks then something happens, theres a dialogue between her and a lizard type merchant, she helps him(battle introduction), then theres more dialogue, more and more, and the game feels like its flowing that way.

Btw, since when 6 minutes is short? Most of vania games or even similar types of games nowadays don't spend too much on unnecessary lamish dialogue.
At least the gameplay seems fair in that aspect, very castlevanish like.

Top Bottom