• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring concept art (potato quality) leaked, FROM possibly took a break in development due to covid

Bartski

Gold Member
As usual - could be all BS, take with a grain of salt and don't shoot the messenger pls

20201229174654.png

20201229174648.png

He claims to have seen an untextured screenshot from the game then called Project Great rune 4 years ago and suggests FROM basically took a long break putting development on hold when COVID hit, game is finished and in the polishing phase now.

ALSO,

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Meh, this game’s abandonedware till proven otherwise to me. They shouldn’t reveal game’s until they can confidently have a release date.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Meh, don’t know. It may be Norse or so, but I do hope it’s not a dark souls clone.
From is at their best when they are pushing the boundaries

Pejo

That's about the safest bets for "leaks" as you could get. I'm surprised he didn't throw a "there will be the large sword of moonlight" while he was at it.

Anyways, the other leaks I read that were more interesting is that the game is open world, you traverse most of it via horseback and they added mounted combat, there were several kingdoms you could visit and align with, etc. Who knows if those had a shred of truth to them though.

Bartski

Gold Member
It could be inspired by Norse mythology as much as that Bloodborne is inspired by HP Lovecraft, no problem

GrayFoxPL

North mythology inspiration, comparisons drawn to Bloodborne in regards to horror influences like the Cthulhu-style enemies mentioned in the OP, Dark Souls-like combat (although heavier and less clunky, kind of inspired by 2018's GOW) and some open-world stuff.

Pretty cool.

North mythology inspiration, comparisons drawn to Bloodborne in regards to horror influences like the Cthulhu-style enemies mentioned in the OP, Dark Souls-like combat (although heavier and less clunky, kind of inspired by 2018's GOW) and some open-world stuff.
I don't see any mention of God of War 2018 in the leaks?
And there's just no way FROM would be inspired by a Santa Monica title.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Looks legit to me. That's high quality art. If it isn't real, I at least hope the real thing has as much inspiration as this one.

Perrott

I don't see any mention of God of War 2018 in the leaks?
And there's just no way FROM would be inspired by a Santa Monica title.
What was in between brackets was stuff that was told to me beside what was mentioned in these leaks. Also, do you think that developers don't play other companies games as well? Because they do, and even if From was not directly inspired by it, the game's combat definitely has some GOW 2018 feel to it, according to the person that told me about this.

What was in between brackets was stuff that was told to me beside what was mentioned in these leaks. Also, do you think that developers don't play other companies games as well? Because they do, and even if From was not directly inspired by it, the game's combat definitely has some GOW 2018 feel to it, according to the person that told me about this.
So you're talking about rumors without proofs unlike OP?
For all I know the person you're talking about could be full of shit.

And yes, they do play other softco's titles but that doesn't mean that FROM would be inspired by a Santa Monica's title released two years ago.

tommib

Gold Member
Norse mythology is a turn off for me. But it's From Software and I'm sure it will be amazing. Day one.
I hear you. I avoid everything Norse mythology like the plague: GOW, Horizon, Hellblade, etc. I thought they were going back to pitch-black dark-fantasy. Well, they’ve never disappointed since Demon’s Souls. I have faith.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm just extremely curious about the combat system.

I really want something new from them (like they kinda did with sekiro)

Top Bottom