• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer COO confirms departure following ‘rough’ year for the games giant

Embracer-Group-logo-1024x536.png

Egil Strunke shared the news on Monday and claimed he’d left the holding company – which owns many game developers such as Gearbox and Crystal Dynamics – last week.

In June, Embracer announced the appointment of an interim COO, which would be filled by Saber Interactive boss Matthew Karch.
The COO is typically the second in command, reporting to the CEO, and handles the daily business operations of a company.

“Last week I left Embracer Group as COO, and it’s with mixed feelings I am parting ways this global company phenomenon, rooted in Karlstad, Sweden,” Strunke wrote on Monday.

“On one hand I’m grateful for having had the chance to work with the one-of-a-kind [CEO] Lars Wingefors and all the other AMAZING colleagues (too many to mention!) which I will be sad to leave. On the other hand excited about the opportunities that lie ahead – starting and building my own company: Strunke Games.”
Strunke’s history with Embracer spans two four-year stints, 2011 – 2014 and 2019 – 2023. In his statement, the former COO acknowledged his challenging final year at the firm.

“Although the last year has been rough, in line with general market changes and industry consolidation, I am positive that Embracer will come out stronger and with a long, bright future ahead of them.”

DaGwaphics

I wonder when we'll start to see more content based around the IPs they've picked up. Doesn't seem like they do much of anything with most of them.

Top Bottom