• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer has shut down Alone in the Dark studio Pieces Interactive

hwmcd34.png

tommib

Gold Member
Thanks for making this above average game which was respectful to the past and franchise.
Management needs to manage these budgets better and set realistic expectations.
Can’t we have an industry that has games that sell a lot to cover for games that are more niche and don’t sell as much. Can’t we have some fucking balance already. What are we doing closing studios that don’t sell millions and millions of copies because they made a title that is just not for everyone.

Even Nintendo remastered Prime with the highest of quality and Metroid sells a fraction of their other IPs.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
That's what happens when you are going on a studio buying spree to pump up the balance sheet for the Saudis. Turns out even modern-day barbarians are not as stupid when it comes to money.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

reektann

I'm thinking of making a business where all these publishers just ring me up and let me know what game their developers are making, then I give them a simple yes/no on if they should bother.

All I need is one piece of key art, the name of the title and the pronoun of each development team member.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Embracer is garbage. It didn't sell well, but we seem to be headed for a terrible future for gaming.

Make a AAA/AAAA game and hope it makes bank after an long, long development time or chuck out a GAAS and pray it succeeds long enough to buy you some time, but gamers are(rightfully) beginning to reject those so...

Headed towards another "Video Game Crash of '83"? Hard to say, but feels there's a studio closure or two every other week these days.

samoilaaa

Thanks for making this above average game which was respectful to the past and franchise.
alot of budget was wasted on hiring hollywood actors , you should never hire expensive actors when you know your IP isnt a very popular one

Last edited:
Top Bottom