• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entire Tekken 8 roster leaks online with picture of it.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
And f@#%ing Panda...
c6cef1481fcdeb1c45c5947b05a5933b.jpg

P.Jack

Same moves =/= animations.

I didn't say they were the same animations, I said they were the same moves. Most characters in Tekken 8 have the same moves as Tekken 7, but it's clear that most animations were reworked because they look different. It doesn't look like a direct copy as we've seen from previous Tekken games.

I also wasn't the only one who noticed the same thing.

3 instead of 4. Despite different inputs, it's a very similar move to Miguel.

Same move. Similar reaction. Not the same animation. But Azcucena looks like it can be started while her back is turned

Devil Jin, Bob, and Kazuya have a similar move to Miguel's d+3+4, but their reaction is different. It doesn't do a hard knockdown.

Similar animation. Similiar properties. T8 Version leads to a heat burst

Similar animation. Same properties

Similar. The ending is obviously different.
https://imgur.com/VBfZgWG
https://imgur.com/GSL9Rwn

There are more similarities and as I said, I'm sure someone will do a comparison and I wasn't the only one familiar with Tekken who noticed similar moves.

A bit late, but first have to commend your elaborate response, very enjoyable post.

I don’t really differentiate animations from moves. To me, if it doesn’t move the same, it’s not the same, frame properties notwithstanding. Most characters got a 1 jab that is +1 on block, but they do not have the same 1 jab. Many have got a magic 4, and so on.

Some characters get moves from others, like how Bryan in T3 got the 3,2,1,4 string from Bruce in T2. It was even called ’Bruce Special’ back then (real shame they renamed it imo). Josie has has the same 1,4,3 punish as Bruce, with the same animation, just like cd3 or 3,f2 into cd. All three share stuff like 3,3 and d4, but they do not share the same animation or properties.

Sometimes, and by the looks of it, more frequently in T8, characters get their moves reanimated. Based on my time with the CNT, I’d still say that Tekken continues the tradition of reusing most of its animations. This could of course change.

Back on topic; based on what is shown, I’d argue that Azucena doesn’t line with the kickboxer linage of Bruce and a similar f3 won’t change that. But I do have to say, the db2 is very similar and a good spot since there is a lot going on in that shot.

The Miguel comparison I think is more apt.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
There is another leak regarding DLC. No idea if it is true. Roger, Armor King, Eddy, and a new character named Xiao Meng might be coming to Tekken 8.

2xzfx3gmrq4c1.jpg

SkylineRKR

Sounds weak. Armor King is cool though. But Roger? I find it strange that Fakh, Lidia and Kunimitsu aren't there considering they were the final purchases of T7. I can't believe Claudio is there though. I would imagine he was one of the least popular in T7.

Azucena looks like a mix of Katarina, Josie and Miquel. Which likely means these characters won't come back. Which I am fine with.

Top Bottom