• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Conarium is now free.

Next week's game is ??? (Something Batman related)

lnCrM9k.png

EDIT (Full size pic)

EGS_WB_Batman_Teaser_Art-2578x1028-652937fd910cb9b6d3a7db396c14a6ff.jpg

Last edited:

SolarFry

Is there a way to organize the library section? Like smaller icons or put the games in a list?

There's no way they don't have that simple option.

• LOL
Reactions: 888

Helios

Is there a way to organize the library section? Like smaller icons or put the games in a list?

I couldn't find any.
The client itself is all sorts of fucked. I just tried to install Conarium. So I opened the launcher and it started updating my games. Tried to stop it but instead of a Cancel button there was an Uninstall one. Which wasn't even working.
Restarted the client, this time I could stop the updates but I couldn't install Conarium. The button wouldn't work. Another client restart and now I can finally install Conarium.

MMaRsu

Banned
To build hype i suppose. I don't think they will give all batman games.

Why not? You can buy keys for all those games and still be under 10$. They gave away Knight with a GPU years ago.

Itd be super cheap for Epic to get all 4 batman games

Dontero

Banned
Why not? You can buy keys for all those games and still be under 10$. They gave away Knight with a GPU years ago.

Itd be super cheap for Epic to get all 4 batman games

Well that looks more probable then. Nice. Liked first one, never got to play other ones because there was almost always something better to play.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned

There's none. It's so ugly. I actually wrote tech support about it. They laughed it off (probably thought I'm Epic Store hater).

Revenile

The whole Epic Game Store feels to me like they threw out the first functioning pre-alpha version as their official launch. They love to spout that Steam had 15 years to improve, which is true, however that also means people expect features at least on par with that standard that Steam set. Epic could have been/could be a true competitor, the problem is their store is so anemic that I refuse to pay for anything on their service. Hell as far as I'm aware DLC support STILL isn't in the EGS (please do correct me if I'm wrong), and the lack of a shopping cart and the idea that the publisher/dev decides if user reviews are visible are just more sour tastes. I do take the free games though, they've been nice additions with many of them being ones I've been interested in.

Caffeine

The whole Epic Game Store feels to me like they threw out the first functioning pre-alpha version as their official launch. They love to spout that Steam had 15 years to improve, which is true, however that also means people expect features at least on par with that standard that Steam set. Epic could have been/could be a true competitor, the problem is their store is so anemic that I refuse to pay for anything on their service. Hell as far as I'm aware DLC support STILL isn't in the EGS (please do correct me if I'm wrong), and the lack of a shopping cart and the idea that the publisher/dev decides if user reviews are visible are just more sour tastes. I do take the free games though, they've been nice additions with many of them being ones I've been interested in.
the launchers been like this outside of a few aditions for awhile when they still had paragon on it. it really needs much work.

Last edited:
the launchers been like this outside of a few aditions for awhile when they still had paragon on it. it really needs much work.

It's lacking tons of features sure, am I alone that digs the aesthetic? It looks really clean. Steam is the most functional launcher, but as far looks epic, xbox game pass, and ubisoft are pretty good looking imo. Origin and Gog are eh.

ookami

It's lacking tons of features sure, am I alone that digs the aesthetic? It looks really clean. Steam is the most functional launcher, but as far looks epic, xbox game pass, and ubisoft are pretty good looking imo. Origin and Gog are eh.
I feel like it will get an overhaul for the store creation anniversary. A lot of features put in March on Trello had a six-month release cycle. If we don't get to see improvement in September then I wouldn't be surprised about everything to drop in December.

What are you talking about? GOG's launcher is the best one with the best feature: it's not mandatory.
I'm talking about aesthetics. idgaf about having to open a game through a menu. I would be doing that anyways through xbmc or something if they didn't exsist.

I still open all my vidya via shortcuts in a folder on my desktop called Games just like how office software and maintenance sutff are in a folder called Tools. Maybe if I like a game particularly and been playing it a lot lately, then the shortcut is directly on the desktop. I don't really understand why people feel the need to open a launcher to browse their games. It's not like I'm going to be looking at a digital collection and go look at all this digital games I have, they look nice and pretty in my digital shelf.

Reactions: Fuz

Helios

Updated
Next week is Everything and Metro 2033 Redux

T-Cake

By my reckoning, there's about 13 more weeks to go with the free game giveaway. Wonder if they will actually stop at that time or keep going...

Wolf Murder

Neo Member
I am sad as hell the LEGO Batman games are not online co-op, because the LEGO games are a ton of fun to play with a friend or a family member. Arkham who?

Vitacat

Wow, I wrote a sorting algo when I was 12. +1 Epic Store devs. Keep this pace up and you might be competitive in a few short decades.

My full Epic Games library contains only of free EGS games. And it will probably be bigger than my Steam's library in 2 years although these games wouldn't be as great as ones on my Steam account

b0uncyfr0

Loving the free games - Its literally saving me tons. These games arent new but they certainly aren't bad at all. Arkham series and Metro now, all great games esp if you havent played them.

Genuinely don't know why people are complaining/disliking EGS. Free is free ffs...

Kenpachii

Loving the free games - Its literally saving me tons. These games arent new but they certainly aren't bad at all. Arkham series and Metro now, all great games esp if you havent played them.

Genuinely don't know why people are complaining/disliking EGS. Free is free ffs...

Pretty much own a ton of games on epic now, way more then on steam. good stuff.

JimboJones

Yeah free is good but i still end up launching the games via steam shortcuts for the steam features lol

Kenpachii

Is Surviving Mars any good? There’s so many management strategy type game(s) that look good, but you wonder if they’re worth the time.

Didn't hear much about it to be honest but from what i saw on streams it was pretty average to boring at best.

Who knows tho, will probably try it out in a month from now.

Top Bottom