• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Escape from Tarkov (hyper-realistic survival FPS) closed beta launch + trailer

I do hope they tone down some of the smaller details, like how long it takes to search (esp. individual drawers in a four-drawer file cabinet, stuff like that) and streamline the inventory management. Once you get used to it (check players on YT), inventory management is pretty easy/quick. Ctrl + click FTW.

I've only played for like 20 hours so I'm not at that level yet but I am getting better about inventory management. I'll probably end up waiting for release even though I bought the Edge of Tomorrow edition for $140. I feel like the technical issues the game has will sour the game for me before it releases and I don't want that.

Anyone curious about the weapon customization should check this out: https://imgur.com/a/YlD02#065xAO0

JDqekLF.jpg

nxFVhEI.jpg

UVcQoTq.jpg

9XBdWSV.png

TBH, I haven't tried the beta yet, but am going to tonight. Wonder if desync is still a problem.

TheTurboFD

I already hate this game, from the gun sound distance being off and spawning into a game right in front of 5 other people blows. I waste time loading in, die immediately and then load back into the menu. Then having a time limit to play again really just blows.

I already hate this game, from the gun sound distance being off and spawning into a game right in front of 5 other people blows. I waste time loading in, die immediately and then load back into the menu. Then having a time limit to play again really just blows.

Are you only playing Scav mode? There is no time limit in the normal mode.

Is this like DayZ? And I guess this isnt on Steam?

It is like DayZ in that you have a secluded city, let us say Cherno for example, and other players along with AI that are scavenging for loot to survive and to kill each other with. The zombies are replaced by the AI but are much more deadly because they are decked out in similar gear that other players have.The whole point is to work your way around the secluded area and get loot/gear to use and trade then escape without being killed. All the loot you gather stays with your character if you escape, but if you don't it is picked off your dead body unless insured.

And no, it isn't on Steam.

It is like DayZ in that you have a secluded city, let us say Cherno for example, and other players along with AI that are scavenging for loot to survive and to kill each other with. The zombies are replaced by the AI but are much more deadly because they are decked out in similar gear that other players have.The whole point is to work your way around the secluded area and get loot/gear to use and trade then escape without being killed. All the loot you gather stays with your character if you escape, but if you don't it is picked off your dead body unless insured.

And no, it isn't on Steam.

Thank you. Tempted to pick it up after watching a few streams.

Relativ9

Just recently started playing this, absolutely amazing game. Seems like they're missing out on a large audience by not being on Steam yet, but i could se this becomming huge once its there as it already has a very healthy community.

Razor_Sharp1997

Neo Member
The defines new standard for hardcore realistic FPS shooters. Thought that standard needs LOT of POLISH. I do not recommend the game at it's current state. I suggest you watch videos/streamers and see how the game progresses within the next few months. The game can be really annoying at times.

Tesseract

Banned
it's hard for me to enjoy these kinda survival games after battle royales like pubg have polished up the genre. looting and ultra realism only takes you so far, eventually you wanna kill people.

we'll see, i'll def give it a shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom