• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone is lawyering up

johnsmith

remember me
Si4IkKF.png

Trump's lawyer is a clown. Pence's lawyer is from one of the nation's best firms.

Uh, I don't think a lawyer getting a lawyer is normal. Normally you would not want to hire such a lawyer, but apparently that's how difficult it was for Trump to find a lawyer that he resorted to him... Or there is something pushing Trump into using him.
Trump hired Kasowitz and some other guys for the Russia investigation.

Micheal Cohen is his personal lawyer, but he's not representing him here. Cohen is balls-deep into Russian shit. Remember this weird story? https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/us/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-russia.html

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If Trump ignores his new lawyer John Dowd on tweeting then he's as good as done. No way would that evil old shark take this case without that assurance.

What's the betting?

Lorcain

Are you or any of your loved ones under investigation for obstruction of justice or colluding with the Russians? We've put together the best defense team of recently unemployed attorneys that are ready and willing to recite pledges of loyalty to you.

chekhonte

I got a lawyer just to be on the safe side. I have been watching a lot of The Americans lately and don't want to get caught up in this investigation.

Are you or any of your loved ones under investigation for obstruction of justice or colluding with the Russians? We've put together the best defense team of recently unemployed attorneys that are ready and willing to recite pledges of loyalty to you.

We're ready to believe you.

old

Is the point to create layers of obsfucation? Like the "7 proxies meme? Just to make it harder to get answers during testimonies....

"Sir, what did Trump know about Flynn?"
"Senator, I've never spoken to or met Trump so I can't say."
"But you are his attorney?"
"Yes. I'm here to represent Trump at this deposition via representing his attorney despite never meeting Trump."
"So you know nothing about Trump or Flynn?"
"Not a thing. Just the way he wants it."

Yeah I'm still skeptical on Claude. If we hear anything in the next two weeks then I'll give him credit but until then nah.

However, I do think he said Kushner was a person of interest a week or so before it was ever officially confirmed.

Also something about the digital director of Trump's team being interviewed by the FBI.

mieumieu

Is Cohen the 'says who' guy from last August? Yeah he definitely needs a lawyer. That guy's Barry Zuckercorn in real life.

KingV

Yeah I'm still skeptical on Claude. If we hear anything in the next two weeks then I'll give him credit but until then nah.

However, I do think he said Kushner was a person of interest a week or so before it was ever officially confirmed.

Also something about the digital director of Trump's team being interviewed by the FBI.

I think he gets some real info, but he's willing to just drop straight up rumors without sourcing or verifying them with other sources.

So sometimes he's getting shit out early, because some dude tells him something true and he just posts it. And sometimes he posts stuff that's not actually true, because he doesn't verify it.

Some may also be unverifiable but also true, I guess. And maybe he makes up shit to mix in.

Ploid 3.0

Hmm I need a lawyer to cover my back as I deal with this slimy president. I want to be sure I can't get in trouble as I jump in the mud trying to make him look clean.

brau

If Trump ignores his new lawyer John Dowd on tweeting then he's as good as done. No way would that evil old shark take this case without that assurance.

What's the betting?

He will continue to tweet. In his mind he is righteous and he is giving the TRUE news update for the people.

Tweets have already affected things that he has signed like the travel ban.

Will F

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not inclined to put any credence in the source.

A couple things that are true:
1) Every senior official in the administration is likely going to be a part of the investigation (even if it's something minor like just answering some questions from someone on Mueller's team - one could argue they are still being "investigated"). Most will be cleared, some may go to jail.

2) If you were someone that just wanted attention and to gain followers on Twitter, a good strategy would be to have a "source" (this could be something as credible as the octopus that picked World Cup game winners, it's still a source) and make a bunch of claims that are likely true or going to happen and people desperately want to believe, but can't be proven to be false in the immediate future. Eventually actual journalists will confirm some of stories that you "broke" and people will have forgotten about the ones that don't pan out.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
A lot of people thinking of whistleblowing?
Do eeeeet.

antonz

Not sure why Congress is letting people like Cohen drag their feet. Oh Sorry I'm busy right now. Ill show up in a few months.

Cohen is the guy who openly admitted to delivering Russian plans for legitimizing their invasion of Ukraine by having the Trump administration accept an overthrow of the Ukrainian Government to one that would be Putin lapdogs.

They should be dragging his ass in by the balls and saying NOW

Top Bottom