• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Dead: The Game - Reveal Trailer

Sorcerer

It seems to have more a connection with Army of Darkness. Hopefully you will travel to locations in that movie, take on Ash's doppelganger and have a fight in S-Mart!!!
Shop smart, Shop S-Mart!!! No PC? I wonder why?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Best thing from TGA so far, just watched the trilogy and show with my son for Halloween and he is beyond hyped for this.

I've been craving for another single player Evil Dead game since the PS2 Era.. I'll keep an eye out on this but missed opportunity. It's better than nothing of course

Sorcerer

Has to at least be better than the Dreamcast game
[/QUOT
If one could get through the beginning of the game in the cabin/woods where you are literally being attacked every single second, its a fun and funny little adventure. Nothing grand but that beginning section was just a nightmare, I wonder how many people had the patience to finish this game because of that. What a way to shit on your own game dev's. So bad!!!

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
"Hey guys! Shall we make a new single player video game out of one of the most wildly creative, fun and interesting horror concepts ever put to film? We could explore all of the lore of the Deadites and the Necronomicon, in a game that spans historical ages, featuring one of the most charismatic and enjoyable lead characters in horror history. It could be a horror Uncharted!"

"Nah. Let's just shit out yet another piece of crap multiplayer horror game, to throw on the pile with all the rest."

Not groovy.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

"Hey guys! Shall we make a new single player video game out of one of the most wildly creative, fun and interesting horror concepts ever put to film? We could explore all of the lore of the Deadites and the Necronomicon, in a game that spans historical ages, featuring one of the most charismatic and enjoyable lead characters in horror history. It could be a horror Uncharted!"

"Nah. Let's just shit out yet another piece of crap multiplayer horror game, to throw on the pile with all the rest."

Not groovy.
This. The gaming horror genre has devolved into zombie shooter madness. I wonder if it's reached the same level of oversaturation that TV and film did, where if I have to watch another zombie movie, I'll throw up.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This. The gaming horror genre has devolved into zombie shooter madness. I wonder if it's reached the same level of oversaturation that TV and film did, where if I have to watch another zombie movie, I'll throw up.

It‘s absolutely indicative of just how lazy and greedy the games industry is. Endless repetition of the same shit, sucked up by the mindless hordes over and over again. No effort to take an IP and do something special with it. Just repackage the same gameplay loop over and over, with a new skin on top. Minimum fucking effort for average return. Video games as fast food. Fucking dog shit that I truly hope destroys some of these game companies in the long term.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

NickFire

I'm optimistic for this one. In years past I would've dismissed it sight unseen because of how often movie related games were crappy shovelware. The younger gamers probably have no idea just how terrible the movie tie in games used to be (ET, Rambo, etc.). But things have really changed for the better, especially with horror games IMO, When done right, horror franchises have provided for some great horror game experiences. Buffy is a classic example. Friday the 13th (new, not NES) was another diamond in the rough that provided many hours of fun for fans of the movies. The Evil Dead IP has plenty of potential IMO. One thing that would be kind of cool, would be a mode where 1 player is an overpowered Ash, and the rest are deadites.

Xdrive05

Huh. You can play as the "Party Down!" guy from the first movie, and that little smokeshow chick from Ash vs Evil Dead. Mildly interested.

Waiting to see if there's any actually interesting gameplay mechanics more than just hording Deadites until you die.

Top Bottom