• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2024 title lineup announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
EVO-2024-Titles_02-06-24-1024x576.jpg

The Evolution Championship Series has announced the official title lineup for EVO 2024, which will run from July 19 to 21 at the West Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The official title lineup is as follows:
Registration for EVO 2024 is available now at evo.gg.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Fantastic lineup. Glad to see 3rd Strike still included as the GOAT fighting game and the modern choices are all perfect as well. Also glad to see Granblue Fantasy getting some love from the community.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'll tune in for Tekken 8. Extremely fun to watch. Nothing else is even worth watching. 2D trash. Maybe Street Fighter 6 at most.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Its really depressing that the current street fighter, KOF and MK games are all really fucking awful (IMO)

The rest of the lineup is great.

Pretty sure I'm gonna attend this year. I don't follow the fgc at all and play no fighting games but the event is always fun to watch and in person I bet it would be even more so.

Its really depressing that the current street fighter, KOF and MK games are all really fucking awful (IMO)

The rest of the lineup is great.
The King of Fighters XV is pretty great with the exception of the last update adding a universal move that literally breaks the game.

I'll tune in for Tekken 8. Extremely fun to watch. Nothing else is even worth watching. 2D trash. Maybe Street Fighter 6 at most.
Tekken 8 is going to be lit. Would love to see Kuma in the Finals.

Neolombax

Happy to see GBFV Rising in there, its the fighting game I'm learning right now when I'm in the mood for fighting games. Matches are also fun to watch.

kunonabi

The King of Fighters XV is pretty great with the exception of the last update adding a universal move that literally breaks the game.

Tekken 8 is going to be lit. Would love to see Kuma in the Finals.

SNK refusing to take out wake-up throws is still on the most frustrating decisions in recent memory. Half-assing a whole new mechanic to deal it that ends up devaluing command grabs even more is just so silly.

SNK refusing to take out wake-up throws is still on the most frustrating decisions in recent memory. Half-assing a whole new mechanic to deal it that ends up devaluing command grabs even more is just so silly.
Oh fuck off. If you are too aggressive and don't allow a reset after a knockdown you are just being a greedy prick. Besides, throws can be broken.

Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising will get some nice exposure with Evo. The game is doing well enough but it call pull better numbers with this, especially as it has a F2P version with 3 rotating characters each week.

amigastar

Street Fighter 3rd Strike is still played
No one plays Street Fighter 4 anymore.
That's saying a lot about 2D games.

Last edited:
Street Fighter 3rd Strike is still played
No one plays Street Fighter 4 anymore.
That's saying a lot about 2D games.
Not really. Seems like scraping the bottom of a barrel. Third Strike is played out. Ultra Street Fighter 4 could probably blow a few minds with new stuff but it would make Street Fighter 6 look bad by comparison and they can't have that.

Last edited:

amigastar

Not really. Seems like scraping the bottom of a barrel. Third Strike is played out. Ultra Street Fighter 4 could probably blow a few minds with new stuff but it would make Street Fighter 6 look bad by comparison and they can't have that.
Yeah, i miss The excellent adventure of Gootecks and Mike Ross playing USF4.

Top Bottom