• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experts say it may be time for grocery stores to ban customers from coming inside

I dont see this happening. Short of a government order, stores probably wont let it happen either. How much shit do they sell to people just browsing around? Also there is that promising study on UV-C lights that could keep airborne pathogens to a minimum inside the store (pending that the data pans out).

Also, people will be buying less in general because who wants to go sit in line for 4 fucking hours to get milk from Costco?

Banned
In the UK they only let a set amount of people in and no couples (one of you better go wait in the car). It's supposed to help with social distancing, which it would if people paid the slightest attention to distance when they actually get in to the store.

In Florida, it’s a damn sporting event. Nobody gives a shit and Walmart is a damn zoo.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Everyone has opinions on this crisis, everything is going to come back it’s literally back in China where it originated

oagboghi2

"Those people" would be professionals a shitload more qualified than you and me. They never said that this single lockdown was all that it would take. You just said it yourself: get past the peak. This isn't even remotely over. Not calling you out or trying to fuck with you here: but did you legitimately think we'd sit indoors for a few weeks and then get back to normal? Even remotely close to normal?

Nobody likes this shit, but if you turn your head even slightly the very real danger of undoing what's been accomplished is right there. We jump the gun and it's going to be even more lockdowns. You ready to spend June and July reliving April? Cause the economy sure isn't. Fuck knows if it's going to survive this month, but it definitely won't survive a resurgence of the disease.

I absolutely 100% would not mind being wrong about any of this, but the moment the lockdown drops everyone is going to go out and party their asses of. The country will socialize like crazy. Consider how the curve is going to look after a week of that.
I'm not deaf, I'm not blind and my memory is pretty strong. I know what I heard. If you guys wanted a lockdown for years, then that should have been the original proposal. That should have been on the table. Not a lockdown for a few weeks, and then retroactively moving that date back, adding more and more restrictions on what we can do, and then acting like we are fucking stupid for remembering what was originally proposed.

Those "professionals" told us that if we didn't lockdown and quarantine immediately, 2 million people would die. All 50 states would fail. Hospitals would be overflowing. Those are what the precious models said. Now they are being revised downward every week or so. From 2 million to 1, from 1 to 500k, 200k, now we are looking at numbers comparable to last years flu.

No one is saying go out and party like it's the apocalypse. We are saying reopen some shit. Allow me to take a fucking walk, maybe go to the park, buy a goddam coffee indoors. It's not asking a lot

JSoup

Banned
In Florida, it’s a damn sporting event. Nobody gives a shit and Walmart is a damn zoo.

It's ever so slightly funny when I got to pick up meds at Costco. They ask that pharmacy only customers skip the line and come straight to the door, since I'm only going to one place and then leaving, with perhaps a 15 minute wait in between if all the meds aren't finished being filled. Always get a few people yelling about skipping the line, only to huff in anger when I'm let right in.

At my grocery store there is way too many people inside at nearly all hours. There's no fucking way that not one person who's infected hasn't come in and spread the virus around. Which in turn propagates it more over time.

I mean theoretically there should be another surge of cases coming in a month or two right?

Old Retro

I'll put on a full Samus space suit with helmet and shop at a store 20 miles away before I let a stranger pick my groceries for me. People had disgusting habits before all of this (using cell phone in restroom). It's not like they're gonna be all sterile now.

ORI

Banned
I find cunts in face masks are the ones who get too close to me out in public. One even bumped into me. So you are wearing a face mask cos you are worried you will catch the virus, yet you are not worried enough to keep a mandated social distance?

Since it's clear to me you're not well read enough to understand what the masks are for, let me help you out.

The mask doesn't protect you from COVID19. The mask actually prevents you from transmitting it if you are an asymptomatic carrier. So that means all those "cunts" as you called them are actually protecting you while you on the other hand (if you're not wearing a mask) are selfish and spreading the virus around.

So maybe interest of calling people with masks "cunts" you could try saying "thank you for being less selfish than I"

Cato

Banned
I'll put on a full Samus space suit with helmet and shop at a store 20 miles away before I let a stranger pick my groceries for me. People had disgusting habits before all of this (using cell phone in restroom). It's not like they're gonna be all sterile now.

You mean, retarded minimum wage worker seeing the list: "Oh she is called Lisa. That is a pretty name, it makes me horny." Then rubs one off and uses it to make the capsicum Lisa ordered extra shiny. (Thinking about Lisa eating her shiny capsicum makes him rub one more off once he gets home.)

That is what you are thinking about? Good news, it will never happen, just like the Uber-Ears driver tasting your food never happens either.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
In the UK they only let a set amount of people in and no couples (one of you better go wait in the car). It's supposed to help with social distancing, which it would if people paid the slightest attention to distance when they actually get in to the store.

In Switzerland their are only 50 people allowed in the supermarket here. You pull a card at the entrance and go in. No cards, no entry. Then you have to wait for someone coming out and putting the cards back. People hand them over at the cashier

JSoup

Banned
You mean, retarded minimum wage worker seeing the list: "Oh she is called Lisa. That is a pretty name, it makes me horny." Then rubs one off and uses it to make the capsicum Lisa ordered extra shiny. (Thinking about Lisa eating her shiny capsicum makes him rub one more off once he gets home.)

What the actual fuck.

Top Bottom