• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-Zero 99 a teaser for what's to come?

robor

The moment I saw this neat little project, the moment I knew that it was designed by Nintendo to whet our appetites for the main of this two-course meal!

I'm talking about a new fully-fledged F-Zero game for the Switch 2!

The question remains; is your body ready for the full somatic onslaught when it hits next year?

Nevertheless you read it here FIRST!

EXCITED AF!!!

Perrott

Gold Member
F-Zero running at 4K 60fps with DLSS on the Switch 2... please Nintendo, make it happen, like, you couldn't ask for a better tech showcase.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

They took the easy way out in remastering the 1991 edition, when the 2003 edition is the one that needed the re-release.....

robor

Huh?

F-Zero running at 4K 60fps with DLSS on the Switch 2... please Nintendo, make it happen, like, you couldn't ask for a better tech showcase.

Well that's just it; an upscaled version (more or less) of what this experiment is!

They took the easy way out in remastering the 1991 edition, when the 2003 edition is the one that needed the re-release.....

What are you talking about? We all know Nintendo likes to dip its toes in before dedicating a dormant franchise to a new game (already made, but the reception of this small game on the Switch confirms the go ahead for the big title next year!). A re-release of GX would be nice, but a brand spanking new game with 99 players for online competitive racing is a far better scenario!

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Believe Santa Claus GIF by NFL

RAIDEN1

Huh?

Well that's just it; an upscaled version (more or less) of what this experiment is!

What are you talking about? We all know Nintendo likes to dip its toes in before dedicating a dormant franchise to a new game (already made, but the reception of this small game on the Switch confirms the go ahead for the big title next year!). A re-release of GX would be nice, but a brand spanking new game with 99 players for online competitive racing is a far better scenario!
I'm not holding my breath for a new F-Zero game next year that play to the strengths of whatever platform it is on.....it is like the re-release of Star Fox in recent years, which was essentially Star fox 64, but it did nothing to bring about a new Star Fox game..

Top Bottom