• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake or Real - A Blog Post about nuking Mecca

I was discussing revisionist history with a friend of mine and he pointed out an alt-history blog post he'd seen.

Link here

TLDR: Bush nukes Mecca after 9/11 as a warning to Al-Qaeda against staging further attacks. And all Muslims lose their faith because reasons.

I can't tell if this is parody or someone genuinely thinks like this. Some choice extracts below:

Everyone can remember the response of everyday, rank-and-file ”moderate" Muslims: in Gaza, in Iran, in Cairo, in London, in Paris, in Indonesia, in Patterson, New Jersey, in Brooklyn, New York, in Dearborn, Michigan, celebrated, passed out candy, danced in the streets, and shouted their hatred for the U.S. Their spokesmen and leaders put on pious faces and published solemn-sounding regrets, but did not chastise their collects of celebrants.

Hiding in an Afghan village in the Swat Valley, bin Laden for two months maintained radio contact with his sympathizers and enablers in the Pakistani government and in Kabul. On November 4th, when our intelligence had confirmed his location and that of his enablers and protectors in Pakistan, the village was vaporized with a battlefield nuclear projectile mounted on a drone fired from a nuclear submarine patrolling the Indian Ocean, the Patrick Henry.

British police battled Muslim mobs that tried to invade Parliament. Non-Muslim Britons, including Sikhs and other ”Asians," responded to Muslim rioting in Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham by forming their own armies of protestors to combat rampaging Muslim mobs in those and other British cities. Prime Minister Tony Blair cancelled plans to fly to Washington to confer with and ”stand by" President Bush when the violence dictated that he remain at home. Oslo and Copenhagen fell into the hands of Muslim mobs for a few days, inaugurating a reign of rape, murder, pillage, and destruction, until those countries' military forces were ordered to act with unaccustomed force with full authority to fire upon Muslims and restore order regardless of casualties suffered by the mobs. Danish, Swedish and Norwegian police and military soon warmed to their duties when they saw the death and destruction wrought by the mobs.

It reads like a mad cocaine trip. I can't tell if this is fake or real.

EDIT: To clarify. I am fully aware that no nukes or use of nukes took place following 9/11. I just don't know if the writer believes the shit their writing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its fake OP, that's a given considering no one nuked anyone after 9/11. Whether the ass hole writing it believes it is another question entirely.

SpaceWolf

Banned
BHHtvkJ.jpg

Everyone can remember the response of everyday, rank-and-file “moderate” Muslims: in Gaza, in Iran, in Cairo, in London, in Paris, in Indonesia, in Patterson, New Jersey, in Brooklyn, New York, in Dearborn, Michigan, celebrated, passed out candy, danced in the streets, and shouted their hatred for the U.S.

Did you find Drumpf's secret blog?

Chuckie

What....this clearly is an Alt-History written by someone who has some really strong islamophobic revenge fantasies.

He's even talking about a fictional succesor of Bush.

The writer wrote it as fiction, not as something he believes.

Oersted

Everyone can remember the response of everyday, rank-and-file “moderate” Muslims: in Gaza, in Iran, in Cairo, in London, in Paris, in Indonesia, in Patterson, New Jersey, in Brooklyn, New York, in Dearborn, Michigan, celebrated, passed out candy, danced in the streets, and shouted their hatred for the U.S.

While the hate would be understandable, nope, that is a lie.

jph139

I think the question here isn't "did we nuke Mecca?" but "is this dude for real?"

And yeah, this dude is absolutely for real. Visit 4chan and you'll see another hundred dudes that see "Muslims" as some sort of inhuman raging swarm that would destroy our pure white Western world if we gave them an inch.

What....this clearly is an Alt-History written by someone who has some really strong islamophobic revenge fantasies.

He's even talking about a fictional succesor of Bush.

The writer wrote it as fiction, not as something he believes.

That was my thoughts. It's without a doubt a fantasy, but the way he writes, feels like he believes it. It's why I'm not sure if this is parody.

As his second term neared an end, the country was on tenterhooks during the 2008 election, with John Bolton running against a nobody from nowhere, Barack Obama, a former Illinois senator with questionable political connections and associations that could not remain hidden. His past could not withstand scrutiny, not even by his supporters. Someone unearthed a video of his Chicago pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, ”God-damning America," and columnists speculated on just what kind of person was actually running for the highest office in the land.

Joe Wilson, a Representative for South Carolina, asked a question for which he was excoriated by the press, but for which the public forgave him: ”They lie! Who's running for office here? Reverend Wright or Mr. Obama? Or Bill Ayers?" Discouraged and disillusioned by this and other unsavory revelations, Democrats stayed away from the voting booths that November. In a landslide victory, Bolton won the popular vote and the Electoral College. The defeated candidate returned to his former post of teaching law at the University of Chicago Law School, and was later dismissed from it for having doctored his students' test scores.

President Bolton has in turn been criticized by the news media for playing too much golf and holding too many whist games in the White House. Health advocates have even scored him for smoking cigars in the Oval Office and in the presence of non-smokers. In answer, during a press conference last February, he said, ”Look: Why should I be busy lobbying and strong-arming Congress, when I pledged to make government as inconsequential as possible in the lives of Americans? Idle hands are not necessarily the devil's tools, and I mean to be as idle as possible. Congress should follow suit."

President Bolton is assured a second term in the White House. Democrats have yet to settle on a slate of candidates to run against him in 2012. Their majorities in the Senate and House were irretrievably reduced in midterm elections and by an unprecedented number of resignations and sudden retirements, leaving Republicans in control of both chambers.

cmon man, this is fan fiction

Chuckie

That was my thoughts. It's without a doubt a fantasy, but the way he writes, feels like he believes it. It's why I'm not sure if this is parody.

Nah, he is wishing it happened that way.

edit

I can practically feel the residue saliva from all the drooling when this power fantasy shit was written.
This!

It is clearly a power fantasy / revenge fantasy. The writer knows he is writing fiction. He is also not trying to convice his readers this is the truth.

Top Bottom