• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: New The Last Guardian, Dark Souls, Armored Core V, and NGP Info (More Soon)

StuBurns

Banned
Not having decided on things like health bars for TLG makes me think that game has no chance of shipping this year.

NGP is going to be interesting, with the Japanese seemingly thinking handhelds are where multiplayer gaming goes, and the west thinking the opposite, I think we could see more strange platform choices going forward.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
IonicSnake said:
Wouldn't storage be what limits them on the NGP? :p

Maybe, but I'm sure by 2015 when S-E has just about figured out how to port it properly, new options might be available ;)

(That or:
Insert game card 2 now!
)

I'm teasing though, obvs. If S-E has trouble getting something onto PS3, NGP seems a pipedream, even with that little bit extra RAM. Maybe they'll make something for NGP rather than trying to squeeze something else down. Maybe their next online RPG will be made with mobile systems in mind, and then brought over to 'bigger' platforms, so people can play from any kind of system.

Canova

Banned
Re: Dark Souls

The magazine also introduces an NPC called "Mysterious Saintly Woman," a variety of enemies like the Dragon Zombie, and a variety of fields like the Giant Library, the Submerged Ruins, and the Marshes. These are all seamlessly connected, as previously announced.

Sounds like they do re-use some of the stuff that didn't make it into Demon's Souls production

Andriasang said:
- They're currently looking into the possibility of showing gauges to support the player -- this is one area that Ueda is worrying over.

Please Ueda, don't worry. Leave it HUDLESS ! No gauges, no trophy popping, leave that shit out. It adds so much to the immersion. I just played Killzone 3's campaign HUDLESS and it was the best shooter immersion ever, same with Dead Space 2. If you want to have gauges on screen, let them make sense in the world. I would love HUDless SotC but I guess the HD-remake will satisfy me enough.

AAK

Gauges? They are still in a period of development where they're unsure about the player HUD???

2013 release maybe?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No KOFXIII info?

BOO this magazine!

Well I wonder what form the Tales of series will take on the device. I do not remember them finding critical success with their portable entries beyond Radiant Mythology and the Eternia/Phantasia remakes (Oh and the Abyss seems like a barebones port)

Or even more, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 4 would be awesome from NB. I would say a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 since the 2nd was phenomenally epically awesome too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why do I keep entering this thread, in hopes of getting more Dark Souls info?

fml

Gorgon

canova said:
Sounds like they do re-use some of the stuff that didn't make it into Demon's Souls production

I always said I'd want to see the Library level that was not implemented in DS. Guess I'm getting to see it. :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yoshichan said:
Why do I keep entering this thread, in hopes of getting more Dark Souls info?

fml
The more soon refers to additional magazine information and the rest of the NGP comments.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
Famitsu isn't an arcade magazine is it?

lupinko said:
Pretty much, you are correct.

Im talking about the console port. :3
If i remember correctly Famitsu had infoz on KOFXII console.

MightyKAC

NGP said:
Namco Bandai's Katsuhiro Harada (aka Mr. Tekken) Said they'd probably include NGP in future HD multiplatform plans.

If this translates into Tekken Tag 2 for the NGP then that's 2 sales of that game that Namco can mark me down for.

MightyKAC said:
If this translates into Tekken Tag 2 for the NGP then that's 2 sales of that game that Namco can mark me down for.

The last two Tekken games came to PSP in all their glory. A straight up NGP version of TTT2 is pretty much a given.

Fersis

Kyoufu said:
Does SNK even have enough money to put it on console?
Ive been told that the KOFXIII console port is still in development. ^__^

Pai Pai Master said:
The last two Tekken games came to PSP in all their glory. A straight up NGP version of TTT2 is pretty much a given.
I agree they were great ports, but "all their glory"?
c'mon son.

Gunsmithx

The NGP feature just seems more of the everyone wants to do something for it that's been around already, hope they have something new though I'm not counting on it.

I wonder what gauges they think they need to put into trico? health is pretty easy to do without one, I'd guess climbing, and maybe they think you'd need some kind of affection meter for trico? I would figure most of that could be done hudless.

Pai Pai Master said:
Was anything of value lost in the T6 PSP port? Dark Resurrection was indeed awesome.
From what I remember, training mode didn't allow you to practice on real stages (so you couldn't get ideas for positioning and such) and there were 4 fewer stages overall

The rest is just throwaway (scenario campaign) or cosmetic (missing items/outfits).

MightyKAC

Pai Pai Master said:
Was anything of value lost in the T6 PSP port? Dark Resurrection was indeed awesome.

Well it did drop the single player mode from the console versions....

So no, nothing of value was lost at all.

Edit: oops nvm

_dementia said:
From what I remember, training mode didn't allow you to practice on real stages (so you couldn't get ideas for positioning and such) and there were 4 fewer stages overall

Holy crap, I completely missed this. Although if it's stages that were missing then it sounds like storage issues with the port that I doubt the NGP will have.

Man, the TLG stuff sounds amazing, but what is really getting me riled up is the Dark Souls stuff.

"Mysterious Saintly Woman", Submerged Ruins, Giant Library, Black Iron Night...all this shit just screams style! Another article to get me pumped for this game. Words can't express...words cannot express.

Urban Scholar said:
Mysterious saintly woman? Maiden in Black's alternate universe self?

Either that or some doppleganger of Maiden Astrea. :D Either way, something amazing to look forward to.

I love the idea of the bonfire system.

Gotcha, I was mostly thinking of the useless campaign mode regarding Tekken 6 PSP. The stages do make a difference and that wouldn't be a problem for NGP I'd think. Content-wise, I'm sure the three home versions of TTT2 would be pretty identicle.

Konami's Akari Uchida (aka Mr. Rumble Roses)
He's forecasting a bold ¥24,980 price point. He is making an NGP game, he confirms, and says its a game where you communicate with friends. (I'm not sure if he's talking about real friends or in-game virtual friends.)

I would like to communicate with friends while playing RUMBLE ROSES on PSP2!!! >:O

Absolutely can't wait for TLG and Dark Souls.

Sony really needs to announce a date for SoTC HD, we should've had a date by now.

sublimit

Banned
Wow.The Last Guardian,Dark Souls and Armored Core 5 all in one magazine?
Best Famitsu issue of forever.

Wow I didnt know the Tales Of people were signed on for it
Makoto Yoshizumi (Namco Bandai, Tales series)

The top three features that have his interest are: wireless, connectivity with PS3, and more robust DLC. He’d like to make content that uses these features — in fact, he feels that there’s no meaning if you don’t use those features.

On price, he believes that if the system betrays your expectations in a good way, it could cause a huge movement.

Hiroshi Maruyama (CyberConnect2)

For CC2, the big point is the high specifications. He’s very happy that they’ll be able to use the knowhow they’ve gained from working with HD consoles. If CC2 were to make NGP software, they’d want to make something that would surprise players visually.

On price, he wants ¥29,800, but said it could end up being ¥39,800. Whatever the price, he’s going to buy it.

By more robust DLC...I hope he means that the ones for the NGP will also have Code Geass costumes ^_^ but more importantly, I hope for continued visually stunning Naruto Shippuden games, with visuals that will surpass the stunning anime. Ack, literally drooling at the thought of such epicness.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The Take Out Bandit said:
I would like to communicate with friends while playing RUMBLE ROSES on PSP2!!! >:O

Let it go, Rumble Roses is dead IP, I just don't think Konami will bother with it again, it's playing with ZOE and ISS in Konami's hell of forever forgotten IPs.

Top Bottom