• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1614 (Death Stranding)

Bullet Club

• A Hat in Time (Switch) – 8/9/7/9 [32/40]
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4, Switch) – 8/9/9/8 [34/40]
  • Death Stranding (PS4) – 10/10/10/10 [40/40]
  • My Time at Portia (PS4, Switch) – 7/8/7/7 [29/40]
  • Strange Telephone (Switch) – 6/8/8/8 [30/40]
  • Vasara Collection (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 7/8/8/8 [31/40]
Boy oh boy wowee. 40 out of 40.

And 29 for My Time at Portia seems a little low.

Kazza

Death Stranding (PS4) – 10/10/10/10 [40/40]

748899.jpg

whyman

If the game is considered a walking/item managementet game then it probably is worth a perfect score. Have not played yet but I think a lot of the hate is people simply not liking this kind of game. That’s ok, it’s not mainstream it’s just being promoted as such.

rubhen925

No way is the game perfect.... not even close. 8 hours in and I don't know what this game is. A hiking simulator? A delivery boy simulator?

Story and cutscenes are good but man even I'm struggling with it. The story is convoluted to the point of insanity. Getting lost in this game story wise is super easy. Gonna play some nioh 2 beta to let my frustrations out

Last edited:

oya_zenkimi

Neo Member
don’t really care about Famitsu but this is pretty cool that it’s the 26th ever perfect score and the 4th in Kojima's career

imsosleepy

edge cant even finish the game and famitsu gives it a perfect score
this has not happend that often yet I think. Reviews being that devided. I wil probably love it. hope it sells alot

Mista

Banned
this has not happend that often yet I think. Reviews being that devided. I wil probably love it. hope it sells alot
I find it weird too but understandable. All of them said that this is something new and not all will accept it
Thats what makes people different, not everyone got the same taste. As for myself I feel that I'll dig this game even with its flaws

Verdanth

For me the game being so divisive it's because of the promotion it got and the name behind the game.

We gotta give it to both Sony and Kojima, for marketing a game from start to finish surrounded by such mystery that even now players are clueless what this game is about. And the fact is, even those rattling about the game, are eager to test it out.

But as the curtain unveils, we start to see this is a title that tries to approach cinema and videogames very very close, even giving it at times way more emphasis in the cinematic experience rather than gameplay, it seems.

But I mean, trying to blend video games with cinema is not something new, just look at David Cage's games.

It's not like every game from here on out will try to copy Kojima's game 100% and we will stop having fun gameplay in games.

People are overreacting if you ask me. When I hear things like, "I hope the game flops, this is not what I want for videogames...". What seriously? As if this is going to be the norm from here on out...

This is clearly a niche game, made for those who want a more niche and rich experience.

If you don't like it, well go play some FIFA, COD or whatever.

Last edited:

FranXico

People are overreacting if you ask me. When I hear things like, "I hope the game flops, this is not what I want for videogames...". What seriously? As if this is going to be the norm from here on out...
Truth be told, many of the people who are wishing for it to fail are just console warriors.

But not all though. Some people are just not interested in it. Those just say "well, this is not for me. I wouldn't lke it." and move on.

Carna

Banned
I never took Famitsu seriously after they gave good scores to Sonic Forces.
Ironically, I can't take any reviewer who gave Sonic Mania a 9 or a 10 seriously

Besides that, I don't care if famitsu gives a game an 10 because any critic who follows the status que gives anything a 10

ethomaz

Banned
Actually the scores are not divisive.
They are mostly 8's, 9's and 10's... very few 7's or lower reviews.

85% of the scores are good/great.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Congratulations Death Stranding. Add another amazing PS4 console exclusive to the list. What an amazing library.

ANIMAL1975

You have been here for days trying to shit on the game in every way possible. How more pathetic can you get? Go find you something better to do instead of wasting your time on something like this

Not really that divided being Famitsu 4 different reviewers...

Top Bottom