• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Rnr1224

Just got this game and I am really enjoying it so far. I got it for buying a new 970 but since my 970 is still in the mail, I'm playing it with my weaker card. I am living the bow out of all the weapons. Getting headshots and blowing up trucks with the explosive tips is super satisfying!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I just finished Dragon Age and I picked this up yesterday. Ready to see what Kyrat is all about after I get back from picking up my check.

dekline

83.89% completed / 36H 26M

Just realized I have the 16/17 bell tower bug even though all 17 towers are liberated, and of course the buzzsaw is still locked. Doesn't seem to be any fix other than starting a new game.

I was really hoping to 100% this.

-Deimos

wow the hindi swearing in this game is off the charts! I was really surprised to hear it the first time. I heard behnchod (sister fucker) for sure and maybe madarchod (motherfucker), at the part when you reach the first tower and have to defend it.

i am glad I was playing with my head phones on!

It's hilarious.

bootski

loving the game so far. it's one of the only games where i'll actually do ALL the side missions and find all the collectibles. having a blast so far and haven't even unlocked the north yet. 20+hrs in right now, probably close to 30.

the difficulty on hard is surprisingly hard and the goddamn rhinos...

Just finished it. Clocked in at about 50 Hours.

Absolute Blast to play, but..

The game ended on one hell of a downer note once you figure out what Amita or Sabal plan for Kyrat.

Which is why I decided to work around it.

I Call it the "The King is Dead, Long Live the King" Ending:
Side with whoever

Bring an RPG to the Royal Palace

Don't Kill Pagan when prompted

When Pagan Boards the chopper, BLAM it with the RPG.

Go to Tirtha (Amita)/Jalendu Temple (Sabal), and MURDER THE FUCKER.

In my headcanon, Ajay, the new King, goes on to reform Kyrat into a technological powerhouse that still maintains a connection to it's history. kind of a Neo-Tibet, if you will. *nod*

And in the far future, one man journeys to that Neon jungle..

REX POWER COLT RETURNS IN FAR CRY 4: BLOOD DRAGON 3: VIETNAM WAR 2!

So, Best Buy is one of the listed retailers for getting that nifty code for getting a free game.

Just bought a 980 there but there is no code on the box or in it.

What do I do? lol.

EDIT: Checked the receipt again, well I found it lol. Too bad I purchased FC4 on PS4 by accident thinking I wasn't going to get to play it on PC. :/ Already have Unity on the XBONE, and it doesn't look that much better on PC to me unless you cherry pick areas.

Just finished it. Clocked in at about 50 Hours.

Absolute Blast to play, but..

The game ended on one hell of a downer note once you figure out what Amita or Sabal plan for Kyrat.

Which is why I decided to work around it.

I Call it the "The King is Dead, Long Live the King" Ending:
Side with whoever

Bring an RPG to the Royal Palace

Don't Kill Pagan when prompted

When Pagan Boards the chopper, BLAM it with the RPG.

Go to Tirtha (Amita)/Jalendu Temple (Sabal), and MURDER THE FUCKER.

In my headcanon, Ajay, the new King, goes on to reform Kyrat into a technological powerhouse that still maintains a connection to it's history. kind of a Neo-Tibet, if you will. *nod*

And in the far future, one man journeys to that Neon jungle..

REX POWER COLT RETURNS IN FAR CRY 4: BLOOD DRAGON 3: VIETNAM WAR 2!

I wish I did that instead of
killing Pagan.
So lame you can't redo that part to try other options. Almost feel like telling everyone here to
not shoot Pagan
. Its too damn lame if you do.

dreamstation

Gold Member
How do I get the steam overlay/screenshot functions working if I added a Uplay version to steam as a non-steam game?

I added the FarCry4.exe to steam and I can't get either to work.

This game is consuming my vacation. There's always something more I want to do. Often a few hours will pass between the moment I decide to stop playing and the moment I actually stop playing.

I don't even care about the storyline that much but the fun factor is just through the roof.

This game is consuming my vacation. There's always something more I want to do. Often a few hours will pass between the moment I decide to stop playing and the moment I actually stop playing.

I don't even care about the storyline that much but the fun factor is just through the roof.

Mhm, that's a fun part of it.

Like today I'm going to one of hte main mission locations on my gyrocopter, I spot a red truck, and from about 100 meters away in the sky I aim my Grenade Launcher perfectly that it causes the truck to flip over and boom, multikill.

And not to mention going around with the Recurve bow, sneaking around killing guys. Like I sneak up on a group of 3 guards, throw a rock, while they look away it's just flick, flick, flick 3 dead. It makes you feel like a badass.

Anyone wanna help med get the co-op trophies? Been trying to get into a co-op game but I always lose the connection to the player.

I will return the favor, if needed.

PSN id is supGod.

Anyone wanna help med get the co-op trophies? Been trying to get into a co-op game but I always lose the connection to the player.

I will return the favor, if needed.

PSN id is supGod.

I'm in the exact same boat. PSN ID is LARRY_SANDERS

Edit: Thank you supGod that was fun!

Slaylock

Finished the game last night. About 35 hours in, and about 60% complete.

Shot Amita, shot Pagan Min. Didn't know there was an option to do otherwise. :(

I've never played a Far Cry game before, and it really hooked me. It was so satisfying to take over an outpost completely undetected, but also satisfying to go in guns blazing and blow everything to kingdom come. I loved all the collectables as well. Propaganda posters were my favorite.

I really didn't like the
Yogi & Reggie drug-inducted haze
missions or
Shangri-La
. I pretty much hated any part of the game where they take away all your equipment or screwed with your senses.

Certainly my GOTY. Traded it into Best Buy for $43.20, so I played my favorite game of the year essentially for free. :)

WeTeHa

So I finished the game today. 40h and 100% completion, and I loved every minute.

Then I tried the multiplayer... Good god, it's so bad. I'm glad i got the trophy for it and now i am done with it forever.

So I just dropped off my flying buzzer directly onto an enemy soldier's head performing a death from above takedown... isn't that how you get that trophy? Because I didn't get it.

WeTeHa

So I just dropped off my flying buzzer directly onto an enemy soldier's head performing a death from above takedown... isn't that how you get that trophy? Because I didn't get it.

You have to perform a vehicle takedown from a buzzer into another vehicle, not a death from above takedown.

To be able to do that you have to learn the vehicle takedown skill and then fly next to an enemy vehicle and press R3.

Alternative (minor mission spoiler):
If you have the Hurk missions you will get it anyway. In one of the missions you have to perform the takedown from a buzzer to help Hurk.

FC4 Gold Edition is supposed to come with Hurk's Redemption and some other content but didn't (for me anyway) on Xbox One. Anyone else have this problem?

The only animal that frustrates me is the eagle. When I hear that goddamn shriek it's almost always too late to look around.

You have to perform a vehicle takedown from a buzzer into another vehicle, not a death from above takedown.

To be able to do that you have to learn the vehicle takedown skill and then fly next to an enemy vehicle and press R3.

Thanks, that was much easier haha. Still think they should have included a trophy for the feat I described earlier, as it is incredibly badass. #stealthbrag

SJRB

Gold Member
That's not how you use spoiler tags, how the fuck is anyone supposed to know beforehand what you're talking about?

For those wondering: it's a location spoiler, no story spoiler.

About 6 hours in. Really awesome. The fall damage is driving me fucking crazy and animals constantly attacking you gets a little annoying (fuck snakes). But, it's so much fucking fun in every way outside of that. Taking out a fort of bad guys with your bow and arrow never gets old.

I have one left to go, but I'm liking the Shangri-La missions so far. My only gripe is that the subtitles play while you have to fend off enemies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've completely given up on ever taking an outpost undetected. This game has a million and one ways to fuck you over and it's just not worth the time when I can just blow the shit out of everyone with my trusty grenade launcher.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've completely given up on ever taking an outpost undetected. This game has a million and one ways to fuck you over and it's just not worth the time when I can just blow the shit out of everyone with my trusty grenade launcher.

Hunter Syringe + Bow and/or Sniper Rifle with Silencer

Hunter Syringe + Bow and/or Sniper Rifle with Silencer

Yep. The bow never quite clicked for me but once I figured out the hunter syringe/silenced sniper combo, I was even able to conquer Pagan Min's non-weakened fortress undetected.

Oh, and mines. Mines are a key ingredient for a smooth takeover. Throw in a silenced SMG or pistol... baby you've got a stew going.

It's still not worth it given how many ways this game can fuck you over.

I've been routinely taking over outposts undetected using this method, and I would add that it took me awhile to fully understand the rules of detection so with all due respect... I suspect you might be doing something wrong. ;)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's still not worth it given how many ways this game can fuck you over.

I dunno. It seems pretty simple to me. Then again, I'm playing with a mouse for aiming, so I imagine that makes things a whole hell of a lot easier.

SJRB

Gold Member

Yes, you are. Get better. Saying the game has "a million and one ways to screw you over" is a pretty decent indicator that you're doing something wrong; its stealth mechanics are as straightforward as they are reliable.

Every outpost is perfectly doable. I know because that's all I do.

Hey all just bought the game on ps4 but can't access the map editor. I keep getting
"error: this feature is currently not available. Please check back later."
I've searched Google but apparently I'm the only one with this problem. I skipped making a uplay account but there's an altogether different message for that when I try to access the keys so I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Edit: oh nvm its probably cause it hasn't even installed yet. When did games just start not telling you it's not installed and instead just suddenly halt the game at some point? Also what's up with no audio options like wtf

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You can plow through outposts, but I also have a lot of fun doing it stealth like. I usually don't use hunters syringe either, just to make it a bit more challenging.

Top Bottom