• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast Company: The 10 most innovative gaming companies of 2021 (Microsoft Top 1)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Every generation of video-game consoles ushers in faster, more realistic titles. This year’s releases by Sony and Microsoft continue that trend. The PS5 and the Xbox Series X deliver unprecedented levels of realism, with graphics processors that simulate shimmering reflections on puddles, controller vibrations that evoke the feeling of running through sand, and game worlds that are as large and detailed as actual cities. But games didn’t simply become more lifelike in 2020. They also became more intertwined with our everyday lives. In the year where everyone sheltered at home, escapism was accessible to more kinds of people than ever, whether you dreamt of the fashion runways in Paris, a quiet pastoral island life, or literal escape (from Zombies, aliens, enemy soldiers, the list goes on). And gaming companies further worked their way into pop culture, from sports to fashion to movies.

1. MICROSOFT​

For subscribing to an anywhere, anytime gaming lifestyle

2. SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT​

For leveling up yet again

3. NVIDIA​

For enabling auteurs with cinematic graphics

4. NINTENDO​

For crossing into everyday companionship

Check the link for more

DonJorginho

Banned
Nintendo: For making their fans pay full price for lazy ports without any major backlash.

nintendo_investor_article.jpg

Last edited:

Chessmate

Banned
Always tricky to put together such lists, there are just to many things to consider. 😳 But I can give you the biggest delusions in gaming:

1. Starfield will be coming to PS5
2. The Elder Scrolls 6 will be coming to PS5
3. Doom Next will be coming to PS5

Oh, and I nearly forgot...

4. Fallout 5 will be coming to PS5.

Quite a dramatic change to last years list, though:

1. Jim Ryan is your friend
2. Sony believes in generations
3. PS5 will fit into a living room

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Epic surely should be in there, surely. The things they are doing with their engine and services are probably as important right and for the future of gaming as anything Sony, Nintendo or MS are doing. I think they have been in there for a few years, so maybe they just thought they'd mix it up.

These lists are always a bit wank. As much as some people may laugh, Stadia should be mentioned (maybe at least in previous years) for their vision of building a completely cloud-based platform, the possibilities are immense and even though they may never themselves execute on the vision, the technology and principle was far more innovative than most of the things in this list.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Nintendo: For making their fans pay full price for lazy ports without any major backlash.

nintendo_investor_article.jpg
Some Nintendo fans are insufferable. They could release a basic port of super mario bros nes on the eshop for 60 dollars and the usual folks would come out to defend it to the death. Just like the people who are defending the shit sandwich that is the exceptionally poor looking pokemon remakes

Some Nintendo fans are insufferable. They could release a basic port of super mario bros nes on the eshop for 60 dollars and the usual folks would come out to defend it to the death. Just like the people who are defending the shit sandwich that is the exceptionally poor looking pokemon remakes
They're insufferable because they buy the games they want to buy and don't agree with people like you telling them that they're stupid to do so?

Gediminas

Banned
Always tricky to put together such lists, there are just to many things to consider. 😳 But I can give you the biggest delusions in gaming:

this will age very funny.

SLB1904

Banned

You forget
wait for e3.
Eats monster for breakfast
4k120fps
Uncompressed pixels
Biggest game line up

Umbasaborne

Banned
They're insufferable because they buy the games they want to buy and don't agree with people like you telling them that they're stupid to do so?

yes.... but seriously, im not opposed to folks buying the games they want to buy, but i cant stand when they get mad at others for rightfully criticizing nintnedo for trying to sell a 60 dollar game that looks like it belongs on the iphone 3g. Its the defense force that pops up around all of nintendos less than consumer friendly practices. To say that defense force doesn’t exist is false.

Its the defense force that pops up around all of nintendos less than consumer friendly practices. To say that defense force doesn’t exist is false.
Why does people liking Nintendo bother you? Nintendo isn't doing anything wrong. Sony and MS WISH they could keep their software values high like Nintendo.

Selling a product for the price the consumers have deemed it worth does not require a "defense force".

Happy MAR10 Day!

Batiman

Banned
yes.... but seriously, im not opposed to folks buying the games they want to buy, but i cant stand when they get mad at others for rightfully criticizing nintnedo for trying to sell a 60 dollar game that looks like it belongs on the iphone 3g. Its the defense force that pops up around all of nintendos less than consumer friendly practices. To say that defense force doesn’t exist is false.
I agree and I love Nintendo

Top Bottom