• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Samurai Remnant – Third official trailer released

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher Koei Tecmo and its subsidiary developer Omega Force have released the third official trailer for Fate/Samurai Remnant today.

Fate/Samurai Remnant will be released for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Windows (Steam) on September 29, 2023.

gokurho

Publisher Koei Tecmo and its subsidiary developer Omega Force have released the third official trailer for Fate/Samurai Remnant today.

Fate/Samurai Remnant will be released for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Windows (Steam) on September 29, 2023.

subsidiary?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Anyone else hyped for this game coming out later this week?
I just feel like this one is going to be really good and sounds like they've put a lot of effort into it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I just feel like this one is going to be really good and sounds like they've put a lot of effort into it.
I’m still confused by the gameplay. Is it just like a dragon Ishin “at home” ?

YukiOnna

Yep! Very hyped. Another Type Moon title to enjoy and they have a lot of good staff at KT on this title to make what looks to be a complete RPG.

Isa

I've had it preordered for a while now. I know Omega Force gets crap for Musou titles but I honestly think they've really honed their craft over the decades, especially the last with licensed projects which are far above their own older IP sadly. The amount of effort involved and quality usually associated with them is very impressive indeed, and seems to do well for them even if they are niche. I've usually loved nearly everything they've put out and I assume this will be no different.

Famitsu published their review on it a few days ago and gave it 36/40.

qr2sxz8axdpb1.jpg

From reddit:
A 36/40 means FSR enters Platium Hall at Famitsu.
Main story worth 50hrs gametime, 100+ with other explorations.

A few comments over the game:

-A completely new Fate storyline is the major push to play the game, and the story itself is breathtaking.
-Speedy movements and the enjoyment of controlling a One-man Army, with fabulous artstyles.
-Dramatic events are quite long, probably want players to invest into the story.
-You can actually feel living the life together with Saber, a proof that the develop team got their hearts on the game.
-Only a straight line in terms of the story, but you have so many choices over how to enhance your characters.

Sauce: translated from online informations.
Of course these should be taken with a lump of salt, but knowing how Famitsu works 32-36/40 game hardly fails players.

YukiOnna

Celcius

°Temp. member
I ended up refunding this one.

I wasn't feeling the gameplay. The lack of English voice acting was also a bummer. The videos were stuttery for me but perhaps they can patch that. Regardless though, for a 50 hr game I just wasn't feeling the gameplay.

It's unfortunate after all that hype but maybe they'll make an anime of it someday.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Played a decent amount of it today and absolutely love it. Personally can't really call it Musou because much like P5 Strikers, it doesn't feel like it. Boss battles are fun. World of Edo reminds me a lot of Like a Dragon/Yakuza.

And usual great writing on type moon's end. Dynamics are interesting & cute and you want to keep going.

YukiOnna

Completed the entire game earlier- All 3 endings and playthroughs! Worthwhile 65-hour journey and definitely my favourite of the year. I'm glad there's still DLC stories to look forward to because I just feel at a loss after playing it nonstop for a week. I hope Iori and Saber make it to FGO together in the eventual collaboration...

Top Bottom