• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feature request : Ignoring users

I’ve always said it should work like Twitter. You block/ignore someone, they can’t see you and you can’t see them. None of this halfway bullshit.

giphy.gif

I agree though, you should be able to see who has you on ignore

I've never felt like using the ignore feature until JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered . Fuck you dude. You are the worst poster on this board by far. All you do is spam threads with gifs pandering for likes. You even create stupider threads then GAF's resident shitboy. Which is quite a feat. If your post has any substance at all it's usually followed by some stupid gif. Learn to communicate like a normal human being.

MetalAlien

Banned
I've never felt like using the ignore feature until JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered . Fuck you dude. You are the worst poster on this board by far. All you do is spam threads with gifs pandering for likes. You even create stupider threads then GAF's resident shitboy. Which is quite a feat. If your post has any substance at all it's usually followed by some stupid gif. Learn to communicate like a normal human being.
ignored!

Barnabot

so you wanna something like a door magic eye but working both ways instead. hmm would be good for a trophy list.

Nymphae

Banned

I knew I wasn't the only one lol. You haven't even gotten the full Jare experience, wait until he starts PMing you asking why you don't like him.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I’ve always said it should work like Twitter. You block/ignore someone, they can’t see you and you can’t see them. None of this halfway bullshit.

Once you've ignored someone, what is the purpose of having them not be able to see your contributions? It's spiteful and that's about it.

You will never see their posts again since you've placed them on ignore. I don't like the idea of a user being able to limit what another user can see on the board. You want to limit yourself, go right ahead.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list but I'm just going to say, because I sometimes read about JareBear in Meta GAF... if you're someone who gets worked up about this kind of thing - that you suspect one or two people out of thousands in this large community decided to ignore you, I feel sorry for you. You're letting your negative thoughts define you and how people see you. Why should you see who has you on ignore anyway, so you can be more petty and miserable? Truth is no one likes people like that. We're a bunch of strangers on the internet. You don't need our validation or our likes; I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's just a number. And it's just a fact of life that not everyone will like you.

Kadayi

Banned

giphy.gif
8ElAST8.gif
giphy.gif
iu

Seriously, why would you even care who ignores you? Try not to sweat insignificant things.
because you're actually a little bitch that's why people want to put you on ignore and this whole topic is about your fragile ego?

Just joking bro! LOL.
what the fuck? why?

this is ignoring the whole purpose of ignoring people

Way to wade in to a subject, dick first, and completely miss the mark.

I don't give two monkey farts who ignores me. However, conversation is a two way street and have better things to do than talk to brick walls.

If someone ignores me, I want them to be place on ignore as well. May as well remove them from my Gaf experience.

Jumping straight this being about my ego tells everyone more about you, than it does me :messenger_winking::messenger_blowing_kiss:

BigBooper

I just wish I could filter/ignore threads with synonyms for bodily excretions in the title.

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
If someone ignores me, I want them to be place on ignore as well. May as well remove them from my Gaf experience.

But i mean...if they aren't responding to you, that means they're ignoring you. Now all you have to do is return the favor.

and you don't even have a choice, because they're ignoring you. Like, you don't need a indicator to tell you that people are ignoring you. Like you said, conversation is a two-way street lol.....

Last edited:
This is what's wrong with you immigrant fucks trying to assimilate into our culture. Read up on history a little more next time shitboy. Maybe then you wouldnt make an ass out of yourself.
I don't give a shit about your culture and I'm not trying to assimilate. Also I'm not an immigrant.
Go pack some fudge bars, fudge boy.
Not understanding jokes is a sign of mental retardation. Just sayin.

Last edited:
But i mean...if they aren't responding to you, that means they're ignoring you. Now all you have to do is return the favor.

and you don't even have a choice, because they're ignoring you. Like, you don't need a indicator to tell you that people are ignoring you. Like you said, conversation is a two-way street lol.....

How would you work out which users reply to you or not? Not every user replies to everyone all of the time. If you theory was correct, brap would only ever see 5 people on Gaf.

I don't see what the big deal is to have an icon or something that says, this user is ignoring you? I mean, you're expecting people on a gaming forum to be masters of social etiquette. That's like going to R/Blind and expecting them to describe the finer details of the Mona Lisa

Top Bottom