• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

WWE Presents WWE Fast Lane on the WWE Network is right around the corner and here's a quick preview of the only thing from the show that will matter.

Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns - Winner goes on to face the reigning defending undisputed God King WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar
The finale of the go-home Raw for WWE Fast Lane was actually pretty good and made me interested in this match. They finally found a style for Roman that works, which is being a silent and slightly arrogant badass - aka what he was doing with The Shield. Daniel Bryan meanwhile got to dip into his World Heavyweight Champion-era self and take a shit on Roman Reigns' Raw match by getting crowds to do YES chants seemingly at will. The show ended with Roman and Bryan brawling everywhere, leading everyone to declare...

VmJ60dG.gif

Outside of Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns, everything about it looks like a glorified episode of Monday Night Raw. I mean, c'mon, the second most hyped part of the show is a promo segment between HHH and Sting to set up their eventual match at a different more important pay per view. They're going to build it up as a WWE vs WCW type battle I'm guessing, which is fine and all but it's practically the thing a lot of fans wanted Undertaker vs Sting to be. At least Hunter got to dust off his shovel a little bit and bury an entire wrestling promotion by saying that Sting disappeared for over a decade after WCW's collapse instead of acknowledging his TNA career. On that note, the search continues for former WWE superstars Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy.

Oh, Cena is going to fight Rusev for a title that hasn't mattered to Cena since the last time Big Show was relevant. Rusev is awesome and all, but nobody is going to care about this match because it's just another table-setter match for a bigger WrestleMania showdown.

20140301013507!NXT_Wrestling.png

Meanwhile, you all should be watching NXT because it continues to be a better product than WWE in every way. Hideo Itami seems like he's on the brink of going Super Saiyan every match. THE BOSS is now our NXT Women's Champion. Finn Balor is the most overpowered character in professional wrestling, and the last NXT special ended with a title changing hands due to a Mortal Kombat Brutality. NXT keeps delivering entire shows of entertaining television while WWE struggles to find a good segment of entertainment. While I haven't watched it myself yet, I'd also recommend you tune in and watch Lucha Underground because I've heard nothing but positives about it.

Speaking of NXT, let us take a moment to pay honor to the 2015 Avatar Rumble winner Tyler Breeze. You have saved this community from the uggos. We are all gorgeous.

Breeze.jpg

February OT1 Wall of Shame
AiUaL1h.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Horrible title, but I appreciate the attempt. Welcome to the second half of Febby Wary!

Kaladin

I haven't watched Raw yet, but I just saw a clip of a potentially newly reunited Prime Time Players making The Ascension look like jabronis.

Really? Come on WWE, make The Ascension look believable and not like a couple of goofs.

finally we can end all this ridiculous old video game talk
I haven't watched Raw yet, but I just saw a clip of a potentially newly reunited Prime Time Players making The Ascension look like jabronis.

Really? Come on WWE, make The Ascension look believable and not like a couple of goofs.

I don't think there's a booker alive who could make those dudes not look like goofs

PTP >Ascension anyway

Sephzilla

But they look like a couple of goofs

Maybe I'll actually post about wrasslin' now.

Didn't the Jak and Daxter people did The Order?

Ready at Dawn did The Order, I think they handled the PSP God of War titles?
J&D is Naughty Dog's territory and home to their greatest failure in Jak 2 which denies the term Naughty Gods from ever being applicable.

Oh also how about that Kane in 2015 guys?

Sephzilla

In NXT, at least they can polish up a turd and make it look nice and threatening.

On the main roster though, it's like they took one look at these guys and said nope, we're not even trying.

Yeah, even though I'm not fans of them I feel kind of bad for The Ascension. They honestly havent gotten a fair shot since getting called up.

Pavaloo

I just got caught up on this Peter Molyneux stuff - man, gamers are the fucking worst.

Who would ever want to be a developer/designer?

jmdajr

Sunshine sucks too.

I don't have anything bad to say about Mario Galaxy though, except even that needed a dumb ass controller to play with.

That's only because you have to take things slow like an old geezer and are scared by the time limit.

Nah, the time limit wasn't imposing. But the game itself felt like a huge gimmick. A bad romhack of an already mediocre platformer, if I can be honest. It was the Sin Cara Blue to Sin Cara Black, to put it in wrestling terms.

Anth0ny

Mario 64 was the first game I had for the original fat DS system. I wondered what all the big deal was about. It certainly wasn't very fun.

oh god

the ds version is complete garbage. you can't control a 3d game with a d-pad and fucking run button.

play the real mario 64 on an n64 or wii virtual console

it's pretty good

Nah, the time limit wasn't imposing. But the game itself felt like a huge gimmick. A bad romhack of an already mediocre platformer, if I can be honest. It was the Sin Cara Blue to Sin Cara Black, to put it in wrestling terms.
Oh you wound me Beef, NSMBU is the good stuff once you get past its blando aesthetics, if only it wasn't derivative of 3 previous similar games but oh well.
The idea of NSLU is sound but the fact that it left the unchanged boss battles and dilly dallying between stages kind of wrecks the pacing of what should be a fast and constant platformer, the gimmick was sound, the execution was off.
Like Sin Cara in general I guess.

Sephzilla

I'd consider Super Mario 3D World the best 3D Mario game if it didn't take 8 worlds in order to get to the actually challenging levels.

Heroman

Banned
Mario 64 was a game that for year I heard how good it was and it was the greatest game ever so when I got my wii in 2007 it was one of the games I wanted the most but I play64 after I played sunshine and Galaxy so it felt old and janky.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mario 64 was a game that for year I heard how good it was and it was the greatest game ever so when I got my wii in 2007 it was one of the games I wanted the most but I play64 after I played sunshine and Galaxy so it felt old and janky.

Funny, I have the opposite reaction. I loved Mario 64 whenever I played sunshine or galaxy I was confused as to why the newer version of Mario had less abilities and less platforming capability.

Symphony of the night falls into the same category I was saying about sonic adventure, this big fat weird over-designed game made by a team of talented people being super inspired.

More experience than fun game, but a lot less "you had to be there" than SA was.

Anth0ny

it's actually the least old and janky feeling of all the mario games

mario controls like a god damn ninja in mario 64 once you get a hang of the controls

tumblr_m8bv8qjfj41r2op6ko1_400.gif

can't do that in galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom