• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feels like forums have really been on their way down lately

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Not sure where else to ask this, but this seems like a good place.

Will GAF ever have a forum feature where we can auto-hide threads based on keywords we add to our profile? Plenty of bullshit on the gaming boards i'd love to not have to see....

nush

Will GAF ever have a forum feature where we can auto-hide threads based on keywords we add to our profile? Plenty of bullshit on the gaming boards i'd love to not have to see....

GAF has that feature enabled for all users, It's called "Not clicking on topics you have no interest in". You can also hide topics manually as well but a couple of clicks is probably too much like hard work for you.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
GAF has that feature enabled for all users, It's called "Not clicking on topics you have no interest in". You can also hide topics manually as well but a couple of clicks is probably too much like hard work for you.

Imagine responding and not being an asshole about it. I mean obviously. Other sites can do what i was asking about, so i was seeing if GAF has plans to do so.

derp GIF

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I gotta side with the other lads here, why am autohide feature?? It's a gaming forum for Christ's sake, what would you be looking to hide for example as tbh I can't see a whole lot of topics that constantly keep coming up on a regular basis that would make me want some sort of autohide feature

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I gotta side with the other lads here, why am autohide feature?? It's a gaming forum for Christ's sake, what would you be looking to hide for example as tbh I can't see a whole lot of topics that constantly keep coming up on a regular basis that would make me want some sort of autohide feature

Oh i know, and believe me, i'm fine either way. You must not visit the gaming side very often lol, it happens believe me. It was just a question seeing as other sites have it. I've been a member here for 16yrs lol, life doesn't end without it and it obviously isn't any kind of deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

It would create massive overhead on the servers prob. Just look at using a ublock script or something client side. Could prob use something like tampermonkey too

Last edited:
Top Bottom