• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pokemon Forums Launch, And The Internet Does What It Does

"There are no shortage of places to discuss Pokemon on the internet, but there's only one official Pokemon Forum, which launched this week. Unfortunately, it seems that internet trolls have already flooded the site with inappropriate content, which is generally what seems to happen to these sort of communities.

According to VGC, the Pokemon Forum was largely created from the online Pokemon Trading Game online forums, and it's dedicated to everything Pokemon, from the games to its various TV shows. However, it seems that the forum's moderation has left something to be desired in these early days, as Twitter users like Touyarokii discovered seemingly dozens of inappropriate threads. Popular topics of discussion include which Pokemon you're attracted to, as well as other obvious jokes.

Given that the forum has rules against "inappropriate themes" and "foul language," we can only hope that the official Pokemon Forum can be cleaned up for all fans of Pokemon worldwide. The forum's rules also state that "Pokemon is for everyone." The most notable upcoming Pokemon projects are the two expansions for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask and its follow-up, The Indigo Disk. These content packs will add older Pokemon to the game, as well as much more."

Linked Article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/o...-the-internet-does-what-it-does/1100-6515668/

Last edited:
always-sunny-in-philadelphia-naked-pics-online.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Sega forums was more less about the same.
I remember when it had conspiracy theries, devianart shipping fetishes , a member called Space Colony Bark posting Tails mating & trivia conspiracies(which led to the permanent ban of Tails tails discussions), weird fanfictions and threats made by garbage Sonic games lovers(06, Shadow, SA2) to be back again or else. I think Coldsteel also came from there.

Smogonians and Serebii retard dudes are about the same. Guys that goes there once a year calling Pkmn Company homophobic because of Gardevoir or Jyxn.

Last edited:

Hudo

If anyone at GameFreak and the Pokemon Company were on GAF, they would've known that that was a bad idea.

Pejo

That one post "Miiverse is back!" caught my attention.

If these forums can bring me 10% of the hilarity from Miiverse, I'm willing to keep an eye on them.

SCB3

The ways to get around the censorship are basic, they really released this without proper admins huh? One of the weirdest communities online as well and I'm a Pokemon fan

Robb

Gold Member
Reminds me of when they tried Miiverse. I’m convinced there was someone whose only job was to remove dick drawings on that service.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
They are on GAF. That’s why they always do the opposite that GAF says and wants.
TBF, I would do the same.

95% of GAF is extremely casual when it comes to games and only care about good looking grass or some shit. Also, most of GAF are extreme cheapskates so you won't be able to make any money off of 'em.

That Pikachu is named after the Japanese onomatopoeia for electricity and mice? Got 'ya

Last edited:
Top Bottom