• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance released

Kazdane

Gold Member
I'm enjoying immensely Persona 5 Royal. so I'm wondering if I should check this one at some point. I've heard the Shin Megami Tensei games are lighter on story (which isn't a downside, considering Persona can sometimes go a long while without combat) but the combat itself is somewhat similar... And that part intrigues me, the Persona battle system isn't bad at all.

Atlus shenanigans aside, I'm ready for some Vengeance. :messenger_sunglasses:

XQSdOjc.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
itself is somewhat similar... And that part intrigues me, the Persona battle system isn't bad at all.
SMT uses press turn while Persona 3-5 uses Once More system, in SMT there is much more risk and reward because you can lose your turns if you are not careful.

Also unlike Persona in SMT your Demons are your actual party members and you can use your points to level up individual status for your character.

Last edited:

Kazdane

Gold Member
SMT uses press turn while Persona 3-5 uses Once More system, in SMT there is much more risk and reward because you can lose your turns if you are not careful.

Also unlike Persona in SMT your Demons are your actual party members and you can use your points to level up individual status for your character.
Oh, I see. So it has more RPG elements and I'm guessing you can recruit the demons like in Persona, but instead here they fight alongside? Kinda reminds me FFXIII-2 in that regard :D

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Oh, I see. So it has more RPG elements and I'm guessing you can recruit the demons like in Persona, but instead here they fight alongside? Kinda reminds me FFXIII-2 in that regard :D
I would think of it like an old school dungeon crawler like Wizardry almost, just hard fights and battles, minimal story.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is this better than P4/P5 ? Never played a SMT game.
Imagine Persona without the social aspects. It's all gameplay here, more challenging and imo better than Persona's.

The exploration is better too, since instead of corridor dungeons you get to explore big open areas (but not open world!) full of sidequests and stuff to find.

Gambit2483

Can't say I'm too keen on ATLUS' whole re-release practices but they added a whole new campaign, save data support and tons of changes/fixes this time. Damn I sorta envy Playstation first time players.

Top Bottom