• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally got around to watching Identity...wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
What a freaky ass movie. I loved it.

I was all over the kid aspect of the movie...but the major twist...wow. Musta been a helluva script to write.

Awesome movie.

Rlan

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like
cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the
ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How
silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell."

:p

I loved it too. I saw it when it first came out, and I must say when I drove home that night the worst rain ever happened when I got in the car. How freaky is that?

Friend

I don't know about you guys but I saw the ending from a mile away. I'm not boasting either. It was pretty obvious by the time the mother died.

=W=

I actually didn't care much for the ending, but I thought the rest of the movie was fantastic. Very well done.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Boogie9IGN said:
I thought this was talking about Bourne Identity...

What's this Identity movie about and who stars in it?

Plot Outline: When a nasty storm hits a hotel, ten strangers are stranded within and as they begin to know each other, they discover they are being killed off one by one.

But it's oh so much better than your normal suspense/murder mystery.

John Cusack, Ray Liotta, and Amanda Peet are the biggest names in it.

As far as thrillers go, this is right up there with Frailty to me.

Yea it was a pretty damn good movie I thought. Awesome cast. And Frailty was really good too, and also extremely disturbing and unsettling.
Although I did come into this thread thinking it was about The Bourne Identity.

XS+

Banned
I saw the 'twist' coming a mile away but it was still a fun watch. Good casting for a thriller.

The Bourne Identity rocks too!

Smidget

White Man said:
I watched this and Adaptation in the same night. It was hilarious.

The Three! LOL I did enjoy Identity, even though I couldn't stand the ending. I just wish they wrapped it up differently and I would have really liked the movie.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Smidget said:
The Three! LOL I did enjoy Identity, even though I couldn't stand the ending. I just wish they wrapped it up differently and I would have really liked the movie.

yea, i agree... the very end of this was incredibly lame.

Pattergen

Eminem said:
As far as thrillers go, this is right up there with Frailty to me.

Eh, I loved Frailty but I wasn't too hot on Identity. This one got the same reaction from me that Secret Window did. I guessed the end of the movie less than half way through, but dismissed it saying, 'It can't be that stupid'. Ended up being that stupid. Oh well, good little film on it's own merits (definitly better than Secret Window).

calder

Same here, I really enjoyed the mystery and increasing freakiness of the movie, but the ending disappointed. But I think any time you build up that sort of suspense by having more and more outlandish (yet cool) coincidences and impossibly staged murders the ending always suffers - there is no really satisfying answer to the whodunit (and the how) that doesn't seem like a copout.

CrunchyB

Yeah, I thought it was a good movie, but it didn't entirely work out. With some more attention, I'm sure it could have been better.

Now Frailty, that was a great movie. Still somewhat predictable, but it didn't matter.

Adaptation however, is sheer genius.

The problem with Identity was that...

SPOILERS...

Once it was revealed that everyone was residing in the head of a killer lunatic then entire movie lost any of the audience's sympathy. Sure there is a battle to make the person good again but who cares!?! A killer psycho is a killer psycho and it matters not. All drama and weight to scenes goes out the window because I'd rather have just seen the guy dead or locked up or something than care.

I think the movie was technically well made but that story just had a fatal flaw.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Teddman said:
C'mon, I could tell the hackneyed ending from the TV commercial. Didn't even bother to rent it.

HA, I saw the ending coming a mile away from just looking at the coming soon poster! You're not that smart.

DCX

DCX
I liked it, didn't really see it coming but i thought that kid was weird...i was thinking along the right path but i strayed...i would be a terrible detective :(

DCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom