• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox and bugmenot.com is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

You'd be surprised some of the sites it works with too. ;) (Forget IGN Insider, though GS Complete worked a couple of times.)

There's also an Opera version available.

aoi tsuki

The idea is to provide username and passwords for sites like nytimes.com that require registration just to view an article. By visitiing the site www.bugmenot.com and giving an URL that requires registration, it'll provide you with a sign on, provided there is one. The Firefox extension simply requires a right click on such a page, and a popup with a signon will appear.

Teddman

That is kickass. I HATE that almost every newspaper has a login nowadays.

Does it only work with Firefox?

Ripclawe

Banned
Mike Works said:
Just tried it with NYTimes.com and IGN, neither worked.

nytimes worked for me. IGN didn't it
this was using firefox, nytimes when you reach the front page, right clicking, then hit the log in link which should have everything filled out.

aoi tsuki

IGN won't work because there's only one logon per session. NYT works every time for me, and if for whatever reason it didn't, there's always the "This login didn't work" button.

Miguel

Untitled-24.gif

Holy jesus...I went from Firefox 0.8 to 0.9.3. Your avatar is going like 2x faster now. It rawks in hyper fast motion though.

Fifty

Yeah, same here. Although sites with jpgs on their front pages (news sites) seem to load a bit slower now.

Vlad

Miguel said:
Untitled-24.gif

Holy jesus...I went from Firefox 0.8 to 0.9.3. Your avatar is going like 2x faster now. It rawks in hyper fast motion though.

Actually, that's because the latest version actually displays .gifs at their intended speeds. Other browsers (IE I know for sure does this, I guess older versions of Firefox did too.. I only started using it recently) put a maximum framerate cap on gifs, so that even if you make a gif with only a 2/10ths of a second delay between frames, certain browsers will display that gif as if the delay was much longer (like 7/10ths of a second or something).

My avatar also only properly displays at its correct speed. If you view it in IE, it'll run a whole lot slower, and won't look as smooth.

Blog whoring without Firefox w/ Bugmenot would be a real pain. :(

So for once I agree with ripclawe, good advice here for anyone who has to deal with links to websites of major newspapers.

calder

DaveH said:
It isn't working for me... I've got 0.9.3, but nothing shows up in the right-click menu.
It didn't work for me at first when I was trying it inside the forms, but you just right click on the log-in page but not inside the text field or in the address bar.

DaveH

calder said:
It didn't work for me at first when I was trying it inside the forms, but you just right click on the log-in page but not inside the text field or in the address bar.

Much thanks!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
DAMMIT! I was just getting ready to grab this! :( Any other alternatives?

aoi tsuki

Could've been an a number of things... domain hijack, IIS exploit, or admin goof. The domain points to a server, it's just doesn't seem to contain any relevant info.

aoi tsuki

Just a recommendation: Try this on EVERY site you come across that requires a username/password combination, regardless of content, regardless of country. You might be pleasantly surprised. :D

I really hope people are careful about the logins they provide. I just tried this at nintendo.com and got someone's name and address. While it's entirely possible this is fake and I would most likely hope that's the case (I'm not sure as they also registered Nintendo products). People should be a little careful about adding logins to bugmenot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom