• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flordia shark dies in highway car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
It was ejected after the truck it was in blew a tire. RIP shark

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/11/shark-killed-highway-crash-florida_n_7560220.html
A sandbar shark being transported in a tractor trailer died on Wednesday afternoon in Volusia County, Florida, after the vehicle blew a tire and ran off Interstate 95.

The trailer crashed into a wooded area off the road around 2:20 p.m., authorities told the Daytona Beach News-Journal. The shark, one of four being transported, died after being ejected from its tank in the crash, according to NBC affiliate WESH, although it's unclear whether it ended up outside the trailer.

A team from SeaWorld rescued the remaining sharks and brought them to the Orlando park for the time being, SeaWorld spokeswoman Becca Bides told The Huffington Post on Thursday.

The sharks were en route from Marathon, Florida, to the New York Aquarium in Coney Island, Brooklyn.
Also, Huffington Post is out of control
PA7bItW.png

Dont they have like some kind of tarp over the tanks, i saw that on some shitty A&E show like shipping wars or whatever.

Congrats on the clickbait huffington post.

Matty77

That kind of sucks, poor animal did nothing wrong. And funny on the ad link considering the amount of pubic hair threads I have seen in the short time since I joined GAF.

Great. As if dealing with all the bad drivers in Florida wasn't bad enough, now I have to worry about them flinging sharks at me when they crash!

Oh wait, this happened in Flordia. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom