• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FMT pulls a Blazers! Chokes in the 4th in NBA Inside Drive 2004! More info inside!

DMczaf

First of all, I did the T-Mac/Howard for Francis/Mobley/Cato trade (Woo! Custom rosters online rocks!)

Ok lets start it off in the 4th quarter

1st/2nd/3rd/4th quarters

Spurs (FMT) 20 19 28

Rockets (Me) 12 13 21

Ok, I'm down 67-46 heading into the 4th quarter. I should just pack it up like the Lakers in the Finals, but I wont! T-Mac leads the charge with passing and shooting!

Lets skip most of the 4th, and head to the final 3 secs.

Im down 85-80, thinking its over but NO FMT gets cocky like JGar and says "If you make this 3, Ill just get a 5 sec violation but no way you make it!"

SWISH!

T-Mac hits the 3 with 1.7 secs and it snow 85-83!!

...FMT does the 5 sec violation AGAIN with a cocky Niner attitude

Magic pass the ball in, T-Mac in the post...fade away...its GOOD! OVERTIME!

Outscored FMT 39-18 in the 4th!

In OT though, things look dim. Duncan is killing us as usual (had 62 pts at the end of the game), but then for some reason his hook shots stopped going down! Im down by 3 with 1 min left, but because of a couple of fast breaks from missed hook shots, im now up by 3!

Ok, some things happen and now FMT has the ball with 14 secs left down by 2 in overtime. Duncan gets the ball in the post, hook shot...TIED! Are we looking at double OT? Wait! Theres 8 secs left on the clock! Just enough time for a miracle!

Eric Piatkowski, comes off a screen with a couple secs left wide open jump shot...ITS IN! ROCKETS WIN! Wait!

0.3 secs left...but not enough time for a Fisher miracle! Game over! Biggest comeback in ID2004 Online history!

2003%20song%20contest%20celebration.jpg

Poor FMT

defeat.jpg

Ramirez

LMAO...ID might be a game I look into next year considering the other 2 basketball games leave alot to be desired...

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
LMAO...ID might be a game I look into next year considering the other 2 basketball games leave alot to be desired...

According to FMT's E3 report, NBA Live 2005 > ID 2004

And ID 2004 rocks!

shpankey

not an idiot
Yeah, Live 05 is looking sick. EA looks like they really made it their project game this year and are putting all their love into it being great.

There will be no Inside Drive 05, the series has now moved onto Xbox 2 development, so it won't be out till that system is out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha classic :D

Ummm but wtf is this "Magic pass the ball in, T-Mac in the post...fade away...its GOOD! OVERTIME!

ROCKETS GET USED TO IT! :p

DMczaf

Matrix said:
haha classic :D

Ummm but wtf is this "Magic pass the ball in, T-Mac in the post...fade away...its GOOD! OVERTIME!

ROCKETS GET USED TO IT! :p

Oops! My first time using T-Mac with the Rockets :(

But it wont be my last! :D

DMczaf

the ID2004 era ends with FMT taking one of the most brutal losses in NBA history!

But the NCAA 2005 era is just around the corner! 3 more weeks!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Oops! My first time using T-Mac with the Rockets :(

But it wont be my last! :D

Shit,its going to be a bitch when we want to play NBA live 2005 :p

Fifty

DMczaf said:
the ID2004 era ends with FMT taking one of the most brutal losses in NBA history!

But the NCAA 2005 era is just around the corner! 3 more weeks!
Which version are you guys getting?

Matrix

What DM said!

Please be fixed :(

shpankey

not an idiot
Yeah, that made me nervous as well. But IGN has made absolutely no mention of any problems between them so far. I find it hard to believe there will be. I am sure it was just not as far along code, or untweaked, or had a bug or whatever.

Ramirez

FMT or anyone else who played Live 2005 at E3...does it look like the pics that have been released?They look like FMV to me,and I can't find any regular game shots :( So has the game changed alot graphically?Always my biggest beef with Live...

DMczaf

Man, its hard as hell to find NBA Live 2005 pics or videos

Its almost as if the media wants people to think it wasnt at E3

The Freestyle Revolution is back with NBA LIVE 2005. Elevate your game on both ends of the court with EA SPORTS™ Freestyle Control, which continues to be the benchmark for innovative control in a sports videogame. Create new ankle-breaking dribble moves, gravity-defying highlight-reel dunks, and tenacious defensive plays that express your individual style-all with a touch of the right-analog stick. All-new 10-man Freestyle implementation enhances individual player movements and floor spacing, putting you right in the middle of the action for the most realistic simulation ever created. Enhanced player graphics vividly reproduce each NBA player with the most realistic faces, hairstyles, jerseys, and shoes ever produced. A comprehensive offering of incredibly deep game modes, including Dynasty Mode™ and EA SPORTS Online, put you in the middle of the action like never before. Levitate and create with NBA LIVE 2005.

Key Features

-EA SPORTS Freestyle Control: EA SPORTS Freestyle Control continues to revolutionize your ability to play simulation basketball-and, now more than ever, it's about expressing your game in flight. Become an offensive star with sweet new moves that you'll only see on the NBA hardwood, including all-new dunks, jaw-dropping alley-oops, and adjustable jump shots in mid-air. Think the Pro Hop took hoops to a new level last year? New user-controlled put-back and tip-in technologies reward players who box out, wipe the glass, and go back up for a quick bucket. On defense, take more control over shot blocking to own the paint.
-10-man Freestyle: NBA LIVE's new iteration of revolutionary 10-man motion capture technology yields authentic plant-and-cut animations, off-ball animations that offer new spacing and eliminate on-court crowding, backdoor cut scenarios, and new in-air collisions and box out scenarios.
-All-Star Graphics: With increased resolution on player faces, jerseys, shorts, skins and tattoos, NBA LIVE 2005 raises the bar and offers the most visually immersive NBA game to date.
-Ball Against the Nation: EA SPORTS Online* allows users to play online against opponents from anywhere in North America (*only available on the PlayStation 2 console). An online lobby area allows gamers to meet, greet, chat, set up tournaments, download roster updates, and play NBA LIVE 2005 head to head. Make it to the top, and then try to maintain your place as the best gamer any where, any time, any place.
-Comprehensive Dynasty Mode: Be the architect of your own unstoppable dynasty, and watch your franchise flourish for 25 seasons. Jump into games with simulation intervention, enjoy all-new free agency logic that puts your skills at negotiating contracts and managing the salary cap to the test, and use the customizable PDA to stay up to date with important league news, team information, special announcements, and more.
-Announcers: No voice says NBA basketball like Marv Albert. Teamed with on-air TV partner Mike Fratello, these two hoops veterans pair dish out the most authentic commentary available.

this game sounds awesome!

Matrix

Heh I didnt notice till right now that the new gamepro *I get it free biznitchs* reviewed NCAA for all 3 systems and the Xbox version was rated the highest cause of graphics.They made no mention of xbox slowdown and both the ps2 and xbox version got 5.0 in control and 5.0 in fun factor.

I WANT NOW!

i dont know whats up with the boycott of NBA Live 2005. i played it for 30 mins + and it was awesome on xbox. ps2 version was very choppy and ran waaaaaaay too fast. xbox version resembled Inside Drive, but it had superior graphics in every way and the post game was a little better (although ID has a pretty good post game)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DM cheats in basketball games with T-Mac...he tied my my Timberpups in ESPN 2K4 with a bullshit at the end of the 4th, then turned it on in OT. I was morally outraged.

DMczaf

bishoptl said:
DM cheats in basketball games with T-Mac...he tied my my Timberpups in ESPN 2K4 with a bullshit at the end of the 4th, then turned it on in OT. I was morally outraged.

Hahaha! That 3 pointer rocked!

Its gud to pla' togevah!

shpankey

not an idiot
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont know whats up with the boycott of NBA Live 2005. i played it for 30 mins + and it was awesome on xbox. ps2 version was very choppy and ran waaaaaaay too fast. xbox version resembled Inside Drive, but it had superior graphics in every way and the post game was a little better (although ID has a pretty good post game)

Oh dear GOD! You just made my day.

duncan owned that game! also, nester was dominating the paint on D... to be truthful i dont even know how DM won. i dominated yao on both sides of the ball, got good peremiter play, went 4-4 with bowen at the FT line... i am left to ponder what happened until Live 2005 comes out and i can have my revenge :(

but in the meantime i will take DM down in NCAA/madden/espn/slugfest/etc

don't fear the reaper DM!

Top Bottom