• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: The World's Highest Paid Actors 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
good for the rock and jackie, i recently watched one of his movies on netflix a while back. he is a cop caged in a night club fighting for his live and his daughter's

120v

Goddam Dwyane

And props to cruise that kind of stying power. After the couch incident I figured that plus aging would put him in val kilmer territory

casiopao

This film just made $130M in China

220px-Skiptrace_American_Poster.jpg

NIce movie too.^^

thenexus6

good for the rock and jackie, i recently watched one of his movies on netflix a while back. he is a cop caged in a night club fighting for his live and his daughter's

Thats Police Story Lockdown (the latest one). Its not very good, the first four Police Story movies are awesome. Five and six aren't good.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They all earn a grotesque amount of money.

I mean, fucking hell.

But then again .. how much of it is taxed, how much goes to their agencies etc ?

I mean shit, I'm not saying these guys are poor or anything .. it's just that they probably see around half or maybe even less of the amount stated.

Didn't think Chan, Kunis, Roberts, or Ainston still appeared in popular movies to warrant that. Goes to yo show there's more to it.
Rock, you started with 7 bucks... and a family that was already involved in the wrestling business. Come on now.
And he still surprisingly comes back once in a while. How much does WWE even pay him?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Goddam Dwyane

And props to cruise that kind of stying power. After the couch incident I figured that plus aging would put him in val kilmer territory

Well, he still look like he is in his 40s despite being 54 years old. Seems like he haven't aged at all for the past decade.

Sorcerer

Why is Jennifer Aniston on this list?

I have no problem with Aniston, she has made forays into serious movies over the last couple of years, took a few risks, a very good actress.

Depp I can't understand, who still he thinks he is viable? Is the new Pirates movie going to be a hit, and then he will get a chance to flop in a new round of movies based on that?

The top 2 are the like the hardest working guys in the biz. They were both in the top 10 last year too. Props to Jackie and the Rock, love those guys. They should do a movie together!

KonradLaw

There's one more curious thing about this list. There's nobody young in the male group. And thinking about it...women still get to become starts pretty young, but I can't think of any recent male actor who would become superstar in his 20s. Pattison is the closest, but he had one huge trilogy and that's it. I wonder if the age for young male stars is over because of how the market for bigger budget flicks shifted.

I have a difficult time separating Downey from Tony Stark. Not sure there's a difference beyond all the you know fictional elements.

"I started w/ $7 bucks. If I can overcome, so can you. "

I'm tall and handsome and so can you

He also came from a giant wrestling family which game him an easy in to the business... and he suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked for a good while to boot, I don't think someone without his familial background would have been a) given a shot b) kept on long enough to break through his horrible start...

Nice sentiment though.

El Topo

There's one more curious thing about this list. There's nobody young in the male group. And thinking about it...women still get to become starts pretty young, but I can't think of any recent male actor who would become superstar in his 20s. Pattison is the closest, but he had one huge trilogy and that's it. I wonder if the age for young male stars is over because of how the market for bigger budget flicks shifted.

The comparison is skewed, because the top of male actors just makes so much more money, that only two women would break into their Top 10, one of them is 46. It's not unreasonable to assume that if this list was extended to Top 50 we would see that there are young male actors making money comparable to women. I'd also add that there are a few "older" women on the list as well (McCarthy, Aniston, Theron, Adams, Roberts).

Usobuko

Banned
I think this is just about the best it could get for race representation in this decade.

The non-white people on the list mainly made money domestically only and western countries as a whole are still not used to poc lead or watching subtitled films, at least in the case of a major market like America for the latter.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm more interested in Hollywood's "lowest paid" high profile actors.
they're still "wealthy" just not as much. Think of in the hundred's of thousands instead of millions, or tens of thousands.
Once you have enough gigs, it pays well.

I think this is just about the best it could get for race representation in this decade.

The non-white people on the list mainly made money domestically only and western countries as a whole are still not used to poc lead or watching subtitled films, at least in the case of a major market like America for the latter.

You mean Fan Bingbing and Deepika Padukone?

Actually, it looks like the salary gap doesn't exist outside the US, so male foreign actor from other countries didn't make the top 10.

I have a difficult time separating Downey from Tony Stark. Not sure there's a difference beyond all the you know fictional elements.

the first movie which pretty much laid down the entire road for his character in the marvel flicks was mostly improvised lines from RDJ I heard.

anyways bless up to the bollywood actors (male and female) and jackie chan collecting them checks. And it's awesome how the WWF Gawd Rock is now on top of hollywood.

Raxus

Chan is in a ton of movies, this is a world list not just american movies.

Yep, China is a huge market and he did have an animated movie come out in China. There are some Bollywood actors on that list as well. It is maddening how much less actresses are paid though.

well thats where the 60 mil came from....guy has a networth of almost 2 billion. wtf.
He's an extreme collector and hoarder as well

Easy to do when all you do is point to the things you want instead of ever considering price

I do wonder if he hk as any deals worked out for old films.

Don't forget he still has a stunt team for movies? Assuming.

He probably makes a lot more than that in a year

StayDead

Rock, you started with 7 bucks... and a family that was already involved in the wrestling business. Come on now.

Yeah, I'm glad the rock is humble, but damn people at the top forget that most of their success is based on either prior contacts or other occurrences that most people just simply will never get.

It's not possible for most people to become a success like him and people ignore that. Still, good on him doing well. He's awesome.

He also came from a giant wrestling family which game him an easy in to the business... and he suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked for a good while to boot, I don't think someone without his familial background would have been a) given a shot b) kept on long enough to break through his horrible start...

Nice sentiment though.
Plenty of other guys came from wrestling backgrounds/families and didn't share NEARLY the success The Rock had. He had help, sure, but he worked his ass off also.

You say that like he got everything handed to him though. Look at all the other wrestlers who had family connections, are any of them as big as the Rock is?

Edit- good point Beef, lol

KonradLaw

The comparison is skewed, because the top of male actors just makes so much more money, that only two women would break into their Top 10, one of them is 46. It's not unreasonable to assume that if this list was extended to Top 50 we would see that there are young male actors making money comparable to women. I'd also add that there are a few "older" women on the list as well (McCarthy, Aniston, Theron, Adams, Roberts).

Doubt this. There's no young male actor who comes anywhere near close to star status of most of those women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom