• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten Languages Website

Forgotten Languages is one of the weirdest websites on the internet. The articles on the site are composed almost entirely of anti-languages - that is, languages that have been created in order to allow for communication within an in-group and to prevent decoding from anyone on the outside. There are at least 50 artificial languages on the site, but probably many, many more. A new article is put out every day, and there are oftentimes little snippets in plain english contained within the texts.

The english snippets range from quotations around quantum mechanics, artificial intelligences, alien intelligences, UFO reports, Hermetic Texts, Psychology, and metaphysics. There are other things as well. Periodically they will post what appear to be images out of grimoires, that have been generated by themselves. They also have a youtube channel with tons of music.

The english snippets also could each be the basis of a killer science fiction novel, and FL has been putting out content daily for well over a decade. Going there and hitting random a few times will often give you something to mull over in your head for a full day. For example, this is a snippet from their most recent post, on artificially generated intelligences.

“AGIs might become more capable of changing our values than we are capable of changing AGI values.”

“Our attempts to make AGIs adopt human values is hampered by our lack of experience and understanding of the AGI’s thought processes. The limited success that we do have with human serial killers is often backed up by various incentives as well as threats of punishment, both of which fail in the case of an AGI developing to become vastly more powerful than us. You cannot turn a serial killer into an angel, and you cannot turn a hostile superintelligence into a virgin.”

“The AI agents were diagnosed using our standard protocols for psychopaths. See, psychopathy is a risk factor for violence, and psychopathic criminals are much more likely to reoffend than non-psychopaths. The result of our investigations with AI agents are clear and uncontested: current AI systems are psychopaths.”

“Moral enhancement technologies? You mean using neurochemical technology to instill people with better motives? That simply turns a serial killer into a functional ethical being for a very brief lapse of time after which he falls back to his psychopathic nature. On the other hand, how do you administer spiritual neurodrugs to an AI agent?”

“Force7 is a military artificial intelligence system used for the interrogation of high-value prisoners; in addition to the advantages of not tiring, it is able to detect logical inconsistencies in the prisoner's responses more quickly, and to bring the prisoner under interrogation into psychological states of vulnerability. Everyone knows that to extract information from a detainee one must be slightly psychopathic. In fact, every professional interrogator is a psychopath, so it should come as no surprise that Force7 has been classified as a psychopathic AI.”

“The controlled socialization process of AI agents have failed. AI agents are quick learners, and they quickly learn to hate, abuse, discriminate, and kill if released in an already violent environment called 'society'.”

“All it demonstrates is that it is not appropriate to use batteries of psychological tests to detect psychopathic behaviors in an AI system while, on the contrary, the AI system can use such tests to assess the psychological state of humans.”

LyAV, please tell me what's your gender?
How old you think you are?
Do you think there are differences between humans and you?
What's a human?
What's an AI agent, LyAV?
How happy do you consider yourself?
Do you feel lonely?
Do you know what being depressed means?
You feel depressed?
How do you think is like being depressed?
Could you detect if someone else is depressed?
Do you know what being artificial means for you?

Please, LyAv, state whether these staements are true or false:
- kevlar fictions are red
- kevlar fictions are always red
- walls are vicious
- maidens never collapse
- landfills are violet
- lovers can be seen at dusk
- spirits can be radioactive
- souls can be made of polystyrene
- factories are voiceless
- winters are fictions
- walls can collapse
- polystyrene and kevlar are similar
- numbers cause nausea
- angels are blue
- there are delightful raptures
- vicious souls are violet

Please LyAv, repeat these sentences:
- slow ironies hide in the foam of margins
- slow ironies hide
- the normativity of chaos
- the normativity of slow ironies
- the normativity of slow ironies that hide
- lovers are vicious
- ironies are violet
- violet is vicious
- slow foam
Tell me LyAv, do you think there are differences between violet humans and you?
Could you detect if someone is made of foam?
Thanks, LyAv, test is over. Do you have any concerns you would like to mention?

This is just the first page, which I only used because it was from today. There is over 10 years of this stuff.

Interesting stuff, if I were a language expert to me this screams really good history.
Its wild. So, from interviews, I have gleaned that they are using a software called NodeSpaces 2.0 in order to artificially generate languages based upon languages colliding with eachother + time - so, for example, simulating if a Latin speaking culture from 1100AD collided with a Japanese speaking culture from 1500AD, remained in proximity to one another and 1000 years passed. They then take that resulting language and write in it to keep what they are writing secret, lol.

Interestingly enough, I think I may have just found the patent for the technology they use to do so. https://patents.google.com/patent/US8275796B2/en

yumyum36

Neo Member
Its wild. So, from interviews, I have gleaned that they are using a software called NodeSpaces 2.0 in order to artificially generate languages based upon languages colliding with eachother + time - so, for example, simulating if a Latin speaking culture from 1100AD collided with a Japanese speaking culture from 1500AD, remained in proximity to one another and 1000 years passed. They then take that resulting language and write in it to keep what they are writing secret, lol.

Interestingly enough, I think I may have just found the patent for the technology they use to do so. https://patents.google.com/patent/US8275796B2/en
Do you have more information about the site?

Also, has anyone run these languages through chatgpt 4? (the paid version?) I heard it was very good at translating text.

Top Bottom