• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 2 in development..

thorns

Banned
kind of non-news but some more confirmation from txb forums :

I know it's a forgone conclusion, but MGS is busy working on the next Forza, presumably for the Xbox 360.

Sound engineers (for lack of their proper job title) were out in the Pacific Northwest area recording engine sounds today from some pretty awesome cars.

I'm not sure they got audio from all the cars, but among the sweet rides were a C5 Z06, Ferrari 360 Modena and a Carerra GT.

With any luck, I'll have some photos later, but I thought I'd pass on the news.

There wasn't any doubt that a sequel is coming, but it's still cool to see them actually working on it.

Anyway, when he asked, the Microsoft folks replied they were working on the next Forza. They did not say Forza 2 or Forza 360, simply the next Forza.

Apparently they record engine audio on a dyno, but come out to actual tracks to get more engine sounds in a more real world environment.

lexi

Banned
I hope this will finally be the definitive racing sim. I love Forza but there's something wrong when GT4 on the technically inferior PS2 looks better.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
SHOCKIE said:
Hope its released within a year of 360s release.

How many copies has Forza sold?

Yeah, I would like to know as well. I'm curious to see if Forza is possibly matching the sales of the Project Gotham and Rallisport series, for example.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Was tempted to grab Forza the other day, but as sad as this sounds, the exclusion of any damage on the cars warrants a no buy for both GT4 and Forza. I love the heck out of Rage Racer and RRT4 simply because they are racers so if I want simulation, I will demand everything.

Personally I think the paranoia and anxiety of damage will heighten so much of what both respective series are trying to achieve.

stewy

speedpop said:
Was tempted to grab Forza the other day, but as sad as this sounds, the exclusion of any damage on the cars warrants a no buy for both GT4 and Forza. I love the heck out of Rage Racer and RRT4 simply because they are racers so if I want simulation, I will demand everything.

Personally I think the paranoia and anxiety of damage will heighten so much of what both respective series are trying to achieve.

Um...what? Last I checked, Forza included a damage model that even affects the performance of your car during the race.

Did I just read this wrong or something?

SHOCKIE

speedpop said:

What???

thorns

Banned
speedpop said:

You can play Forza with 3 levels of damage: Off, Limited and Simulation.

You get cosmetic changes as well as damage effecting the performance of your car. and the game rewards you for driving with damage enabled.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
speedpop said:

How is it possible you don't know about the damage model in Forza? Freakin nearly every GT4 vs Forza battle on this forum involves talk of the damage model to some extent.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
thorns said:
You can play Forza with 3 levels of damage: Off, Limited and Simulation.

You get cosmetic changes as well as damage effecting the performance of your car. and the game rewards you for driving with damage enabled.

whats the default? When I was playing, its quite easy for your car to pull to the left or right, but seems very difficult to trash it (like Rallisport 2 for example). Is it limited, or off (just cosmetic)?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If Forza 2 is 30fps, someone will pay.. i'm not sure who, but someone will

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
God, I can't believe how fast this became one of my favorite racing games of all time. Wonderful game, can't wait for the sequel. Hope there is some downloadable content coming. I like the track selection in GT4, but the driving isn't as good, I just don't play it anymore.

lockii said:
I hope this will finally be the definitive racing sim. I love Forza but there's something wrong when GT4 on the technically inferior PS2 looks better.
god dammit not this fucking argument again. :(

Scoobert

mrklaw said:
whats the default? When I was playing, its quite easy for your car to pull to the left or right, but seems very difficult to trash it (like Rallisport 2 for example). Is it limited, or off (just cosmetic)?

Are you playing in acrade mode? Play in simulation and make sure damage is set to simulation. You'll notice decent changes.

Top Bottom