• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Coming in 2023 | New Details Revealed

Zones

Yeah this image is from a playtest in Feb

HVknPtm.jpg
Now it makes total sense when Turn 10 touted native 4K with ray-tracing @ 60 FPS during actual gameplay!

Dane

Judging by the graphics, its possible that they are still having Xbox One players on the test, the first leaks also lacked lightning and poor textures that were reported to be running on the old gen because they didn't have enough testers with the new gen. They were gathering data and feedback over gameplay and physics IIRC.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Weird bump.
The game will not look like the stress test.
Games go through different phases in development, and they don't always look perdy back at the office in the process.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
Weird bump.
The game will not look like the stress test.
Games go through different phases in development, ans they don't always look perdy at the office.
Yup. And that's exactly these types of test are under NDA. Because plenty of people don't enough braincells to see phrase "development build" or something like that and realise that this is probably not how final game will look like.

Especially since that pic from FM is network stress test. You really don't need shiny visuals during network stress test.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Well. He was an insider. He knew about Microsoft acquiring Playground and Obsidian for example. But since then he did not leaked anything substantial.
I wasn't aware but if he did then that's good. I just remember him getting a few Xbox E3 showings wrong

LostDonkey

Ray tracing during gameplay.
Nice to have, and it's definitely the future of visuals, but it doesn't really add anything to the racing.

It needs an overhaul of the online mode, proper penalties and rules, proper seasons and race calendars/events.

The talk of tyre compounds and pit lanes, qualifying etc is good to hear so I can't wait to see more.

They need a big event to push this game now and show off what they're about imo.

Does this guy work for xbox? Or is he just like a mega fan that has a shrine to phil spencer in his closet
I don't know who the hell he is but what does it matter if he's a green rat or not?

The fact is that the original screenshot is a pre release one and the game obviously is not going to look like that. Maybe on the Xbox One. On Series X/PC it'll look a lot better.

Kvally

Banned
Nice to have, and it's definitely the future of visuals, but it doesn't really add anything to the racing.

It needs an overhaul of the online mode, proper penalties and rules, proper seasons and race calendars/events.

The talk of tyre compounds and pit lanes, qualifying etc is good to hear so I can't wait to see more.

They need a big event to push this game now and show off what they're about imo.
I am racing so fast in cockpit mode that I never will see RT anyway unless I decide to look at a replay. Even then I don’t care. I just want to see my line and errors I made during a replay.

Umbasaborne

Banned
He is a Shill in much the same way as Colt Eastwood is or BryanK and TheLastWord were for Playstation. Absolutely mindless.
Like do these people spend the day looking at twitter go get alerted to any negaive xbox news or statements, then they jump to their defense? I get why microsoft has a bad pr department, these guys do it all for them

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Like do these people spend the day looking at twitter go get alerted to any negaive xbox news or statements, then they jump to their defense? I get why microsoft has a bad pr department, these guys do it all for them

They search them out instead of playing games. Happens on both ends of the spectrum and both are pathetic and need to seek help.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Forza Motorsport​

While we're focused on polishing and preparing Forza Motorsport for release later this year, we’re still keen to hear your feature and track requests, we can keep in mind what you want to see most for the future.

Fredrik

Genuinely all I want is for T10 NOT to use any recycled assets. I just know I'm going to boot this game up and be greeted with the same exact R32 Skyline GT-R model that's been there since FM1 though.
They can recycle whatever they want, I just want a hint that they’re letting us play this in VR on PC like they did with Flight Sim. Chase cam arcade racing is fine on regular screens but after playing modded Assetto Corsa on Quest 2 on a 4090 I want VR for sim racing and cockpit views, it’s the biggest leap I’ve ever experienced for this genre.

My most hyped game from a technical stand point.
Turn 10 are wizards, and they have never taken this long to build a game in their history.

They have totally rebuilt the engine to take advantage of all the XSX feature set, and totally rebuilt the game as well.
This should give us a good idea of what the XSX is capable of when pushed by a legit talented first party studio.
The forzatech engine is one of the most efficient, and always delivers a rock solid 60fps.

It should also give us an awesome Forza vs GT7 thread.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Turn 10 are wizards, and they have never taken this long to build a game in their history.

They have totally rebuilt the engine to take advantage of all the XSX feature set, and totally rebuilt the game as well.
This should give us a good idea of what the XSX is capable of when pushed by a legit talented first party studio.
The forzatech engine is one of the most efficient, and always delivers a rock solid 60fps.

Aah so it’s about the Win you want, instead of just enjoying the game. It doesn’t really matter. GT7 can be played already by gamers, and the dualsense controller or even PSVR2 makes GT7 more immersive them Forza will ever be. Hint: so far we’ve seen, car models are not any better then the GT7 car models.

Enjoy your game…

Last edited:

sendit

Aah so it’s about the Win you want, instead of just enjoying the game. It doesn’t really matter. GT7 can be played already by gamers, and the dualsense controller or even PSVR2 makes GT7 more immersive them Forza will ever be. Hint: so far we’ve seen, car models are not any better then the GT7 car models.

Enjoy your game…

Agreed. No comparison thread needs to be made if Forza doesn't do VR.

/thread

One thing I learned from previous generations is that 95% of the games doesn't use full potential of the hardware. XSX is now an older system and the big steps in graphical evolution still doesn't show up.

So a full exclusive coming in midway through the generation, vs a cross-gen title? Does not strike me as a reasonable comparison...

Senua

Genuinely all I want is for T10 NOT to use any recycled assets. I just know I'm going to boot this game up and be greeted with the same exact R32 Skyline GT-R model that's been there since FM1 though.
Bro we'll have that R32 model on Forza fucking 50. Doesn't matter how many polygons or shaders they throw at it, if the source material is wrong it's gonna look off.

Enjoy your game…
It's all about the game, but it's also a good look into what both Sony and Microsoft's best first party racing sim devs can do with their respective hardware.
We haven't seen Forza yet, so I don't know which one will be the more impressive looking game, but racing games are always at the forefront of good looking.

As for the win, nah, I'm way.more interested to see what Turn 10 can do with the XSX, as it's the first Xbox studio that has build their engine and game from the ground up for the new generation of consoles. Why wouldn't you also be interested to see what they can do?

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's all about the game, but it's also a good look into what both Sony and Microsoft's best first party racing sim devs can do with their respective hardware.
We haven't seen Forza yet, so I don't know which one will be the more impressive looking game, but racing games are always at the forefront of good looking.

As for the win, nah, I'm way.more interested to see what Turn 10 can do with the XSX, as it's the first Xbox studio that has build their engine and game from the ground up for the new generation of consoles. Why wouldn't you also be interested to see what they can do?

It’s a evolution from the Forza Tech. Nothing has been build from the ground up for it. Like many engines, like Unreal, Decima, Frostbite, RE Engine etc.

Yes i’m interested in what they were talking about, if that will be delivered or not. I’m not interested in Forza itself because how Polyphony does all these FIA world wide championships, Events and their online mode which is strong! Then PSVR2 which alone gives GT7 the edge over Forza for me. I might try it on PC since the Horizon series were complete borefest in general. Didn’t like their mission setup and just driving around wasn’t fun for long.

Fredrik

It’s a evolution from the Forza Tech. Nothing has been build from the ground up for it. Like many engines, like Unreal, Decima, Frostbite, RE Engine etc.

Yes i’m interested in what they were talking about, if that will be delivered or not. I’m not interested in Forza itself because how Polyphony does all these FIA world wide championships, Events and their online mode which is strong! Then PSVR2 which alone gives GT7 the edge over Forza for me. I might try it on PC since the Horizon series were complete borefest in general. Didn’t like their mission setup and just driving around wasn’t fun for long.
I always find it odd that anyone who like racing decide to skip any of these two, it’s not like the genre is flooded with high budget games. Playing both is the only strategy I have. Hoping for VR on PC like they did with Flight Sim.

Lasha

I always find it odd that anyone who like racing decide to skip any of these two, it’s not like the genre is flooded with high budget games. Playing both is the only strategy I have. Hoping for VR on PC like they did with Flight Sim.

You end up knowing what you like. I would have skipped GT7 had it not been on sale because I hate the stagnation of GT's career. I would have probably skipped Forza too were it not for gamepass since I already play other racing games on PC.

Top Bottom