• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox developing 'Clue' movie with Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool writers

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wasn't going to post this one, but it actually sounds good. Writers aren't 100% signed yet but they're working to get them.

ryan-reynolds-deadpool.jpg

Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese & Wernick
While questions abound over how Twentieth Century Fox’s feature assets will integrate into Disney, the studio has sent a clue that Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds will be big part of the mix. Fox has made a three-year first look deal with Reynolds’ Maximum Effort to hatch projects for the studio. They’ve got the first picture that Reynolds will produce under the new deal.
It is a live action film based on the Hasbro board game Clue, with Maximum Effort producing along with Allspark Pictures, the film division of Hasbro. Fox is in the process of reteaming Reynolds with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first Deadpool film. The writers are in talks.
For those wondering, a first look deal basically just means that when Ryan's production studio starts a project, Fox gets to peek to see if they're interested before it can be shopped around. And given that he's the star of a cash cow, they'll probably indulge any passion projects he brings to the table. I think this is the first Allspark movie that sounded good. And the first Clue has a nice cult following.

DiscoJer

It's kinda depressing given how many great books have never been filmed, yet they are going to remake a movie based on a board game.

mrkgoo

It's kinda depressing given how many great books have never been filmed, yet they are going to remake a movie based on a board game.

I usually just listen to news like this and just go. Hmm okay, let's see how that goes. I like to give it a chance, even if that chance it small.

But you know, all those "great books" - if and when they do get film adaptations, you still always have a crowd of people deriding the attempt. I saw, give them all a chance.

The first Clue movie is fantastic.

Priz

The first Clue movie is fantastic.
I had a friend who worked at a theater as he was a huge movie buff at the time and he pointed out they did something novel - the movie was listed at local theaters on the billboards as "CLUE A" or "CLUE B" or "CLUE C"... which didn't make sense until you realized there was 3 endings/3 different versions and that told you which theater was showing which version... of course the home video version has all 3 endings edited together... but a novel idea for a movie and if people liked it they could go see the different versions at different theaters.

mrkgoo

I had a friend who worked at a theater as he was a huge movie buff at the time and he pointed out they did something novel - the movie was listed at local theaters on the billboards as "CLUE A" or "CLUE B" or "CLUE C"... which didn't make sense until you realized there was 3 endings/3 different versions and that told you which theater was showing which version... of course the home video version has all 3 endings edited together... but a novel idea for a movie and if people liked it they could go see the different versions at different theaters.

That's neat. I assume the idea was to not actually reveal which ending you're going to, and only have word of mouth reveal that it even had different endings. Can you imagine how cool that would've been? (and frustrating for some I guess):

Viewer 1: "Oh man that ending, I never would've guessed it was A!"
Viewer 2: "What? no it was B!"
Viewer 3: "But it was C!"

together: "WTF?!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom