• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE copy of Marvin's Mittens for all GAF members! Believe...in magic!

UPDATE:While we are now done giving out keys, I'd still like to promote anybody share thoughts. Again, if anybody wants to make an OT for the game some time and needs screenshots or whatever, just let me know! I think it's against OT rules for the creator to be associated with the thread. :) You guys rock!

Greetings, my brothers and sisters of the gaming verse! If you are reading this and have the rights to reply to a thread, I'd like you to have a copy of our little-big adventure and exploration game, Marvin's Mittens! Read below on how to reply to grab yours!

...but first, a few words. I ran this by Evilore, and as I told him, GAF has been my home for a long time. It's been our home for the entirety of working on this title really. Over the years, fellow developers on here even discussed topics in developer topics (one of my favorites was this one where people pitched their collections of favorite "how'd they do that?" implementations from various projects) We discussed design, talked about cool stuff coming out, and worked through engineering craziness. All this to say, I'm supremely happy that this place is as vibrant and hilariously fun today as it was many years ago (even to the birth of “there’s a front page??”). The Breakfall team talked about it and we decided to say thanks by spreading the love with Marvin love for all. Including the lovely Marvin & NeoGAF art you see in the banner!

What is Marvin's Mittens?

The game is a relaxing game of exploration with a young carefree boy. There are no enemies, no ways to lose - just you, your trusty sled, wondrous things to explore and all with a relaxing soundtrack. Every night you get called home by your mom where she sings to you while you dream of your day's findings.

You can check out the small site here:
http://marvinsmittens.com

We hope you love it to bits! It's an homage to winter, to all our childhoods, to our old heroes who wore a smile on their face (Little Nemo anybody??) while exploring.

How to get your game!

UPDATE:We are now done with the key give-away!

Want to help or say thanks?
Well, please tell all your friends about Marvin’s Mittens then! They can totally buy the game as well as donate, right through the game’s page.

We've also got Marvin on Steam Greenlight. If you have a second and like the game, maybe give it your thumbs up on there so many more people can meet the little hero in green! If you love the music, get listening on bandcamp!

We're a tiny team with a metric ton of heart and would love to make more cool stuff like this again. Any money (or kind words!) that comes in goes directly to our next big projects!

Thanks GAF!

So many people to thank on GAF for this game, as you guys are wonderful.
Thank you to evilore, bish, stumpy, cheesemeister, and the entire indie game developer crew who collaborate in threads and PMs behind the scenes to help each other out. I kind of hope that Marvin's Mittens and our work at Breakfall can be an inspiration to all of you, showing hard work can lead to great things :)

EDIT: wallpaper

So generous :)

EDIT : would really love the banner in wallpaper size :)

Ask and ye shall receive! Here you go, guys! A full blown desktop wallpaper of NeoGAF Marvin:
http://breakfall.ca/images/MarvinGafDESKTOP.jpg

Edit: Is it randomized?

Is the content randomly generated, or is there a set layout to the world you explore?

It's a fully designed and crafted world! There are details you will stumble across that we hope you love and are only possible because it was hand-crafted. For instance, if you travel really far, you can sometimes see other areas you saw in the distant background! If you pull up the map you'll see they really are way that direction in the distance! It's that sense of scale we all love from old games where a couple pixels on a screen could imply an enormous world to discover. Sort of like the Zelda II title screen!

Edit: A note on Steam:

To those who are waiting for us to arrive on Steam: we very much appreciate your support and optimism.

When we began the GAF giveaway, we were around 40% of votes needed to get into the top 100. Even with the enormous outpouring of support from GAF, we’re still at less than 50%. We do not expect the game to be available on Steam anytime soon, so if you like our game, please do support the Greenlight effort, but also please get the game from Desura!

Desura has been an outstanding resource for our team, and we would like to see the game sell as many copies as possible through this service. It’s an accessible method of digital distribution for indies, is extremely developer friendly and the staff has been so helpful to us. We’re happy to be on their platform and hope that they can grow in popularity to really make it a home for indie games.

Every other release platform is speculative right now. The most likely place Marvin might next appear next is XBLIG, but we will also try for GOG.

We really want to encourage everyone to get the game on Desura! But again, thank you for your support in any form, especially just downloading our game and having fun playing it. That is our sincerest wish - that people enjoy Marvin's Mittens.

J-Tier

I recall seeing this on steam greenlight and thought to myself, does this deserve to be a steam game?

The answer was yes, as I recall upvoting it. Hopefully you guys get through. This has a nostalgic picture book look to it.

pubba

The game looks great. Ill use it at school as a reward for the students. We can play it on the projector and make it a weekly treat. Thanks!

Top Bottom