• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software is "working hard on Elden Ring DLC" but still doesn't have a release date "at this time"

Draugoth

Gold Member
2022-best-games-Elden-Ring.jpg

"We are currently working hard on the development of DLC for Elden Ring, but we have not announced a release date at this time,"

the company said.

"Various measures are currently in progress for Elden Ring, including the development of major DLC, to maximise [lifetime value],"

the report adds.

Via Eurogamer

MagnesD3

This is a nothing thread, its the same stuff they said before. They could announce the date anytime lol. Odds are good we get a trailer this month.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I hope that it is bigger than Ringed City or Old Hunters, considering the time they are taking.
They must be also working on a new game at the same time.

DavidGzz

At this point it's so massive that it will be a full sequel by the time it releases. Elden Ring 2: Shadow of the Erdtree.

Kurotri

I'm not sure what to think about this, man. It's supposed to be a DLC yet it's been 2 years and it's stil nowhere close to release. On one hand I wanna say it's FromSoft, let them do their magic. On the other hand, if it's gonna take this long, why not do a sequel instead? I'd rather have that than a DLC if we are gonna wait years for it.

stn

I'm okay with this. I want them to take their time and deliver a beefy expansion with tons of stuff to do and lots of new armor options. A transmog option would also be great.

Skifi28

It's either going to be the best DLC this world has ever seen, or it's been stuck in development hell for whatever reason.

digdug2

I agree with many of you on here- it's gotta be either a huge expansion or a sequel at this point. From Soft knows that anything less would be a disappointment.

JFC my heart. Having Elden Ring at the top of the page with only a handful of replies is worse for my ticker than an ounce of cocaine.

near

Gold Member
I feel like they've only just scratched the surface with the depth of lore to explore in the Lands Between. I would rather they continue to expand the world and its secrets before they ever consider trying to create a sequel, which in my opinion isn't even befitting considering what they've already achieved with ER. I'm anticipating this DLC to be bigger than a standalone soulsborne game.

near

Gold Member
That's very optimistic, but I think its a safe bet that this will be their biggest dlc by far.
I think it's rational optimism. ER dwarfs every soulsborne release to date, and I think its DLC will scale in a similar ratio. A lot of the fundamentals to world building are in place, and the scope of the world map lends itself to multiple expansions, not just one. You don't hire George R. R. Martin to write a backstory and not attempt to milk it. This DLC and hopefully successive expansions will be substantial.

Skelterz

I suspect around 15/20hrs of main content and around 20 or more side content for this DLC in the words of the Donald “It’s gunna be uuuge”

Mortisfacio

I'd rather they make it great than rush it. I was getting impatient with Phantom Liberty taking almost 3 years since Witcher 3 DLC both were released within a year of the base game, but it was well worth the wait. Hoping for the same with the Erd Tree DLC.

Arachnid

I agree with many of you on here- it's gotta be either a huge expansion or a sequel at this point. From Soft knows that anything less would be a disappointment.
This is what I'm expecting. If it comes out YEARS later and just ends up being a slightly longer than average Fromsoft style expansion, I'll enjoy it but be hugely disappointed. At that point, just start working on the next game instead.

I'm legit expecting the best expansion of all time with how long this is taking. CDPR put out both of Witcher 3s expacs in a year, they ended up being the best content in the game, and they took 40+ hours to beat combined.

Top Bottom