• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Motion video battle: Square Enix vs Blizzard

Zilch said:
Oh, so WOW doesn't have zones that need to be loaded, like EQ? That's good, I was afraid there would be.

Don't quote me on that, but yeah, I think so. Well, there isn't any when you enter a cave, or a castle, or anything. Maybe there is some kind of loading for instance dungeon.

Actually, there is 1 loading in WoW. Only when you travel between continents.

So you can walk across an entire continent with no loading? Show me a screenshot that indicates this huge size. How much square mileage are we talking about?

BTW, your game (because you apparently think you're making it)... Dark and Light? When will it be released?

December/January.

And you SURELY think all they promised will be In-game, when it's a little company without any big games, with an unknow publisher. Are sure they'll have the money to make this game, or to make YOU play this game? I don't really think so.

Watching the E3 video has convinced me this game is real. Go to www.darkandlight.com and download it.

Neutron Night said:
So you can walk across an entire continent with no loading? Show me a screenshot that indicates this huge size. How much square mileage are we talking about?
How many square mileage? I don't know, I just know that it's very, very large, and no, there aren't any loading IN the continent. I'm sure there is some kind of loading for instanced dungeon though, which is normal.

Watching the E3 video has convinced me this game is real. Go to www.darkandlight.com and download it.
I saw that video, and I saw the same thing that I looked at when SWG was first showed. So many promises, promises that didn't make it at launch. And it's Verrant, THE big MMORPG company, who had experiences in those kind of games.

I'm not against your game, I'm just trying to make you realize that this game, Dark and Light, is gonna be canceled or stripped down until the release.

Mrbob

Update

I have tallied everything up to this point to those who participated in the subject (All those who voted for Namco or I, ROBOT were denied!).

Blizzard has a commanding lead!

Blizzard - 38
Square - 29

akascream

Banned
for those who say Blizzard's stuff is generic western art: did you ever see their Warcraft III artbook?

Yeah.. they also made a d20 pen/paper book with some of the best art I've ever seen! Seriously.. even if you don't play dice rpg's, the book is worth a purchase for that alone. :)

Top Bottom