• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf recommend me some music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you'll like some art-rock like TV On The Radio. I find them quite underrated. I think you'll like them.

TV On The Radio - Happy Idiot
TV On The Radio - Staring At The Sun
TV On The Radio - DLZ
TV On The Radio - Will Do
TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me

If you want some pretty melancholic stuff, here's some blackgaze (taken from my post in the shoegaze thread)

Les Discrets - L'échappée
Alcest - Autre Temps
Amesoeurs - Faiblesse Des Sens
Amesoeurs - Heurt
Wolves In The Throne Room - Face In A Night Time Mirror Part 1
Alcest - Sur L'Océan Couleur De Fer

Here's my top 5 songs of 2015 (from the your top 2015 songs thread)

[Post-rock] Godspeed You! Black Emperor - "Piss Crowns Are Trebled" from the album "Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress"
[Rocktronica/lots of genre infusions] Ratatat - "Cream On Chrome" from the album "Magnifique"
[Post-rock] God Is An Astrronaut - "Agneya" from the album "Helios / Erebus"
[Funk] Vulfpeck - "Back Pocket" from the album "Thrill of the Arts"
[Ambient/downtempo] Koan - "Miracle For One" from the album "Why?"

Came in to this thread to recommend Endtroducing. Saw it was recommended. Am pleased. Also saw The Avalanches recommended. Awesome choice!

Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Születtet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H28YlOrnTaA

Normally I'm not in to this type of music. And by this type I mean hardcore genres. But Rossz Csillag Alatt Születtet is a blaster. It mixes glitchy super fast-paced programmed drums (breakcore) with samples of "classical music". The combination might sound like a cliché and it even might be, but for me the album is constructed so well. It has slower moments often escalating to a string of drums, clicks, cracks and beeps giving the impression that at any second everything is about to fall apart, but it just keeps going. I've tried other albums from Venetian Snares but none has even remotely touched Rossz Csillag.

It's not a cup of tea for everyone, but I've heard this has some resemblance to metal music so it might give you some new perspective. Can't promise tho since I myself don't listen to metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom