• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

("Gamebait"?) Games that are not the games we wanted, but made by the same company

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I remember a number of middling reviews for this. It wasn’t until quite a bit later that it took off. I beat it in 95 and thought it was ok. Came back and 100¥’d it 20 years later and loved it, except for that skiing bonus level.
I replayed YI on the SNES Mini and I’m still wondering how 13 yo me could do that shit 100% without savestates.

Metroid Federation Force caused a meltdown for the ages. It was 2016, Nintendo was in deep shit with WiiU, 3DS had like 5 revisions and 200 limited editions and it still was having a fraction of the success of the DS. The Metroid logo appears onscreen, everyone’s hype blasts beyond orbit in a second, and then they show… that.

It wasn’t even a bad game, but boy, did gaming forums catch fire that one time.

They went above and fucking beyond on this one.
All the marketing was about the shit we loved from BF3/4, all those memes in the trailer, like rendezook and c4 bikes, and then we got what we got.
Fucking hell, I get angry just thinking about this game.
Yea it's fucking hilarious that they did that because it's the exact opposite of what I want the game to be.

I want the game's theme and trailer to be gritty, authentic looking next to a real war and I want awesome and heavy feeling gunplay like BF3.

I don't want the game to wink at me and tell me that I can make a C4 bike or eject from a plane with a rocket launcher. That should just be something I can do.

Battlefield is at it's best when it looks real but silly things can happen while the game stays competitive. The blend of those two things is why BF3 and BF4 are so much fun.

BF1 looks amazing but I never had fun playing conquest because it was broken in that game. If you start losing by 150+ tickets you've lost the game. At least in BF3, BF4 and even BFV you can have comeback victories.

Now BFV on the other hand has the best plane crashes I've ever seen in a multiplayer game. They are literally mind blowing. And that is solely why I still play the game. Unfortunately the rest doesn't look authentic.

Top Bottom