• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games for a good laugh and to cheer you up?

sasimirobot

I was playing Katamari Damashii the other week and I noticed something really strange; I was smiling and holding in a laugh during most of the game. The qwuirky music+ picking up cows and being shot at by lego-looking policemen was just too much, great time.

I also enjoyed and had more than a few laughs playing Wario Ware inc. and Super Monkey Ball.

Anyone have some more games I should try to round up with some friends, some beers, and laughter?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Umjammer Lammy!
Zelda: WW!
Klonoa 2!

Well, they're not all games that makes you laugh out loud, but rather brings a warm smile to your face. Umjammer Lammy is crazy fun though. :p

I was in tears a couple weeks ago playing SSB:M. Here's the setup:

Final Destination
Point mode (where you die after taking 150 points of damage)
Only Super Mushrooms turned on
Myself as DK, my friend as Bowser, and my other friend Fox.

I was continuously doing DK's ground-pound, while my friend was going crazy with Fox's laser. I would get Bowser trapped in my pounding, while my other friend chipped away with the laser. It was hilarious how fast we killed him. It's also great when one of the characters would die with a mushroom still active, as their huge corpse took up half the battlefield. Somtimes I would just sit and beat the hell out of their lifeless body. :D

Monkey Island 1 2 & 3 (4 is good to but not as good, the skeleton dancing in Monkey Island 2 : Le Chucks Revenge made me laugh A LOT)

Armed and Dangerous

Considering how well it (didn't) sell, it's probably already in the Xbox and PC bargain bins. Good fun action and great humour.

sasimirobot

worldrunover said:
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

It's just a pure, funny game... that takes pot shots at Luigi around every corner ;)

That is a funny game, but when I let my friend play it for a bit they didnt get any of the jokes (most of them are inside fanboyish in nature no?).

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Last time I really laughed at a game was either Monkey Island Series or Sierra's "Space Quest" series.

Freeburn.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Freddy the Fish

freddy.jpg

GITAROO MAN is the feel-good game of the new millenium. The Japanese version is better, tho, as the US one has atrocious dubbing.

Space Channel 5 parts 1 and 2 both always make me cheerful. As does the aforementioned Um Jammer Lammy. The Jet Set Radio games are just exciting and fun. Ape Escape too. You should get Chulip when it comes out.

For pure humor, Sam n Max Hit the Road, Grim Fandango, both Maniac Mansions, and Space Quest I-IV were all great. I'd recommend Sam n Max most of all, and Space Quest IV or Grim Fandango second.

Oh! and Silent Hill 2.

Jacobi

Banned
Super Mario Kart, Perfect Dark with friends. There are also some jokes in RPGs like FF7 or CT (ok, can't really remember them).

Top Bottom