• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games so purdy they were still the bests years later

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I votes Crysis and Batman Arkham Knight

mBtqGsN.jpg

Fredrik

Trine 2 still looks amazing
Yeah the Trine serie in general looks amazing, I used to play the second one on WiiU and for the longest time I thought it was among the best looking games that generation.

The Ori games look incredible as well.

Drive Club still holds up.
Nice rain but the creative choice of going with 30fps always ruined it for me, wrong genre for that, looked flickery when driving fast.

Toots

Gold Member
I'm replaying Okami and it is still pretty, all due to the art style.

Purdie means only one thing by the way if you're not a degenerate like OP

Last edited:
Uncharted 4.
Also ran 1440 p locked on ps4 pro instead of whatever the fuck res these next gen games run at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh
9leYZGC.jpg

I was playing it the other day, and I thought the first Soul Calibur looked shockingly good for a nearly 25-year-old game, especially in motion.

Other than that (and the usual suspects, like Arkham Knight), I'd say:

Crimson Skies
Dead or Alive 2
Doom 3 (the Xbox version was especially impressive)
Burnout 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Rayman Origins
Mario Galaxy
Unreal Tournament 3
Gears of War (the whole trilogy)
Time Crisis 3

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
I've been playing through Mad Max recently on Series X. Absolute stone cold stunner of a game that released in 2015. I just went through a sand storm at night with an incredible amount of lightning. This game has the best atmospheric and volumetric effects I have ever experienced in a game. It's nuts!

It's hard to find screenshots and gifs that do justice to the visuals but here is one. It looks incredible in motion (120fps, HDR, and I think 1440p on Series X).

a604htea33k01.jpg

Top Bottom