• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games we know almost nothing about that you can't wait to play

DLC for the greatest game ever made.

George Rr Martin Fantasy GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

I've been waiting for The Last Night forever. I keep forgetting the name of it and thinking that each new pixel art style cyberpunk game is that game instead and then I continually get confused haha.

Ulysses 31

1366_2000.jpeg

I can make educated guess based on the other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games I've played but I've not read up on what the story and locations of 2 will be.

Raven117

I was going to say Project Re: Fantasy.

But I just googled it and a trailer dropped 3 months ago saying something for 2024.

Being the Persona 3, 4, and 5 team, Im interested.

Go_Ly_Dow

We've had trailers showing a decent amount of gameplay, but really we don't know too much about these games.

Stellar Blade, where art thou?

Last edited:

Phase

ES6 - Elder Scrolls has a very special place in my heart, but I am weary of them being able to produce any quality at all now
Pragmata - love the premise, hope it finishes development and turns out to be good
Mass Effect 4, Witcher 4 - pls be good!
The next Tomb Raider - always enjoy them and hoping they do something a bit new with the next one
Project Mara - Ninja Theory's new horror game

Nothing. If I know "almost nothing" about a game, why would I be dying to play it? If I know nothing about it, that means I am just keeping an eye on it. Upcoming games like Infinite Wealth, I already know a great deal about it already based on my experience with the first game, so that is the type of game I can't wait to play.

Last edited:

Corian33

I'm waiting for gameplay and updates on Frostpunk 2. I've wasted so many hours on the first one.
Have you played IXION? Same developer, similar mechanics and structure. It’s like Frostpunk but if you were commanding a colony ship trying to keep humanity alive between the stars. I have not beat it yet, decided to restart after getting a few hours in and completely wrecking myself.

Vol5

i am going to get soooo much hate for this comment, but fuck it imma say it anyway.

i think this game is kind of going for the same vibes as outer worlds and starfield (more the outerworlds, ie spaceships, loading screens, new locations, sandbox gameplay, immersive sim-lite)

and i think it's gonna blow those games away, as much as people hated infinite for not being the game originally promised it was still a great time to play, this is gonna be outer worlds/starfield X Bio/System shock

I think it could be going for a groundhog day type design in which you're re-incarnated after death but the game world persists. Could be entirely wrong but that's the impression I get. She doesn't seem to mind an asteroid about to take her out. Seems like it's certainly in the Bioshock universe as well.

Whatever it is, I can't fucking wait. Artistically it looks phenomenal and that sea-shanty tune in the trailer is next level....hopefully we see more soon.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Have you played IXION? Same developer, similar mechanics and structure. It’s like Frostpunk but if you were commanding a colony ship trying to keep humanity alive between the stars. I have not beat it yet, decided to restart after getting a few hours in and completely wrecking myself.
I have not, but I'm gonna go peep it now. Thanks for the heads up! Frostpunk can be brutally hard at times, but I do enjoy it.

Yumi

Dragon Quest XII

Can’t wait for this game to come out and to see actual gameplay footage!
I’m excited for this just to see how much they change their formula.

For me it’s whatever (if anything) Yoko Taro (Nier, Drakengard) is cooking up. There’s been small supplemental stuff, but I want to see another large project like Nier Automata.

EruditeHobo

Couldn't agree more OP... in fact so much so that you named 2 of the best-in-class in this category IMO.
Anything new from Playdead is insta-buy because everything they make is so great. And additionally, The Last Night I will wait for for another 6 years; that particular vibe/story with those visuals, I will buy it when it's available.

On top of that, personally I also have the following:
1. Wolverine is a must-play IMO, despite knowing nothing
2. Indiana Jones is a series I love, and for YEARS has been aching for a proper AAA treatment
3. Pretty much anything from Naughty Dog, I'm in
4. Metroid -- especially anything that looks like a Dread sequel -- I'm there before knowing/seeing anything
5. Anything Vanillaware (which was why I was so happy to see Unicorn Overlord), they are one of the best devs in business and are always day 0 for me

Top Bottom