• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's going to make Starfield 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMan

So Starfield came out and what do you know, it's actually really fun but ultimately very familiar feeling for those who love Todd Howard's work. I have to assume it's done well enough to warrant a sequel someday, but who's going to make it? I'm not saying Todd Howard is going to die tomorrow, but this game took what, 8 years to make? We're getting ES6 next and then Fallout 5 , so even with some overlap of development that's gotta be about 15 years until the next Starfield comes out. Possibly even longer with ever increasing development cycles. Does it make sense to wait that long, or do you foresee Bethesda expanding significantly to accelerate development time? Or maybe they hand the game off to another Microsoft studio with Todd acting as producer? Sounds silly to consider, but waiting a decade and a half for a sequel also sounds silly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
sean-murray-head-explode.gif

Fbh

KO_OP
Starfield 2 is actually about the queer furry teens that live on the asteroid that's headed towards earth in Goodbye Volcano High.

Starfield 3 is about the cast of Goodbye Volcano High and Starfield 2 meeting in the afterlife (spoiler alert: they fuck)

Erkuza

Banned
You fools actually fell for the new IP bs? This is a sequel to FO4. Just like how FO4 was a sequel to Skyrim. They are literally the same game just with a different theme and setting.

EDMIX

smh, something is wrong when we are already looking for someone else to make the sequel to this game.

Maybe the concept and idea is there and the execution is lacking, thus we look forward to someone else taking a crack at it.....smfh, they should have never used this old ass engine lol

El Muerto

We have to wait 3 more console generations for a new one. They need to sell people the same game to their customers several times to cover the costs of making a new one.

Zuzu

This will never happen but I want them to sell off the Fallout rights and just make Elder Scrolls & Starfield their two primary ips. I’ve seen enough of Bethesda’s take on Fallout and I want to see them focus on Starfield as the other big ip next to Elder Scrolls.

Hopefully Phil Spencer isn't stupid enough to indulge Todd and allow him to make the next Fallout game after Elder Scrolls 6 because I don't want to have to wait another decade to play it. Microsoft has a lot of 1st party devs who could make a new Fallout game quickly, any of Slegehammer/MachineGames/id/Avalanche could make the post-apocalyptic gameworld and Arkane/InXile could focus on the narrative/lore side. Obviously the main candidate would've been Obsidian but I'm not so sure they have the right people there anymore especially after The Outer Worlds which I thought was incredibly disappointing game.

StereoVsn

Todd Howard's protege, Hodd Toward is going to make it of course. He is also secretly Phill Harrison's illegitimate child.

Xbox Series 3, 8K, 30 FPS, it will be a creative decision (still Creative Engine in a year or our lord 2038).

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Todds brain in a jar connected to a computer A.I.

And still using the same pos archaic engine

Last edited:

BlackTron

Just when the mods thought they had finished cleaning up all the Starfield threads. They just made it to Level 2, the Starfield 2 Concern Threads

You sure thinking about this isn't really a symptom of disappointment with flaws in the game? "It's such a success it deserves a sequel" thinly veiling "it has these flaws that can't be fixed without a full-on sequel and engine change so it has to happen to reach its potential of what I expected".

I mean you should be completely into the current game, not constantly imagining how they were so close and all we need to do is wait a little longer for the next perfect one, like me and Zelda games for 20 years

The expectations were bigger than their plans (or abilities) ever were, so just take the game for what it is and don't worry about the sequel. Given BGS cadence of releases, they had one shot for the very foreseeable future, enjoy what you were given for at least a week...or half a week.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Reunite the team that made Thunder Force IV. Make them do Starfield 2 as a shoot em up with no connections to 1. Call it Thunder Force VII.

Kakax11

Banned
hideki-kamiya.jpg

Unnecessary acrobatic moves during gun fights while the camera is locked to the girl's ass gameplay is what's up yoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom