• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Athlete's of Gaf how do you stay in shape/focus all year?

havoc00

Talking about the people who play competitive fps etc.... Most normal sports have off months, gaming has no off months and pays little in comparison to guaranteed contracts of major sports. So how do yall do it year round? Tips? Tricks?

Hungry Star Wars GIF

skyfall

isn't 'gamer athlete' kind of an insult to real athletes who put thier bodies through so much to become athletes

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
- I wake up in the morning. I sit-up on my bed.

- Walk up to the fridge, curl my arm and open the fridge and have breakfast.

- At around noon, I pull-up at McDonald's and order McNuggets with hot and bbq sauce

- I grab the nuggets, do a set of dips in the sauce

- I go back home and shower and then head to my desk and game for the rest of the day

That's how a high-level athlete like yours truly stays in shape.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Easy, I eat all kind of junk and fast foods, barely do any sports and usually about once a year I get an unrelated health problem and need to do a surgery that make my body go through a difficult time and all that make me lose weight.Im at around 6 surgeries since 2020.You'd think my body would suffer from it but boy haven't you seen my mental state since.
But I know that we all don't have the chance of having a body that is disintegrating itself,so when I was younger what worked for me was eat whatever I want but never take elevator and do your groceries by foot, I lost weight and gained quite some muscles.

PeteBull

Talking about the people who play competitive fps etc.... Most normal sports have off months, gaming has no off months and pays little in comparison to guaranteed contracts of major sports. So how do yall do it year round? Tips? Tricks?
Wanna stay in pr0 gaming shape- keep buying pr0 versions of playstation, next one coming end of 2024 so make sure u got ur players bod under wraps till then xD

Aces High

Online gaming and playing an instrument live have a lot in common. Much more than gaming and sports.

So I think competitive gamers should take a look at how professional musicians do it.

Practicing an instrument for several hours usually does more harm than good. A pro musician will practice multiple times a day in short focused bursts.

It is also recommended to break a problem down into bite-sized tasks. Focus on one simple thing only and become great at it instead of trying to master everything at once in complex scenarios.

Video gaming is workout for your brain. So in contrast to sports in which you work your muscles, taking a day off usually has negative effects. Practicing every single day, even if it's just for 15 minutes, should give you an advantage over competitors who take days off.

Those athletes who have guaranteed contracts do not take months off, trust me

For about a 20 years stretch I took 1 week off a year right after season ended and the rest of the year I took off 2 days a month for rest

Top Bottom