• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Well, that's the wrong cryo waifu, but at least we're getting closer.

Patch 2.3 seems a bit better than I thought, thanks to the increased rate of reruns. This hopefully removes a lot of the frustration of waiting. I wish they started with this earlier though. Eula makes sense here, but I'd be a bit hesitant to pull for her. Shenhe is rumored to be similar to her, so she might be better than Eula. The character teasers for 2.4 will be interesting. Hopefully 2.4 will have double reruns too with Ganyu, though I could see Xiao and/or Zhongli make a return too.

The events seem interesting, but it remains to be seen how they turn out. Most of the stuff on Dragonspine seems to be minigames and other miscellaneous side activities. I'm also skeptical of Albedo's quest. Last time we saw him he was all "I might go insane someday so I hope you beat me then!" so the fact that they're picking up that plot point after ignoring the guy for a year screams lack of ideas to me. This well probably end up being some kind of trial for when the real thing happens, but that's just a dumb idea for a quest IMO.

A decent chunk of the patch might as well not exist for me. I ain't pulling for the new characters so I have no reason to do the new domain and boss. Without Albedo the free sword will likely be useless as well. A lot of the content hinges on you wanting/having these characters.

Overall... A decent filler patch, I'd say. I'm hoping the increased fps mode will come to PC too.

YukiOnna

I'm glad they're picking up quest stories since they eventually have to. Lot of things they leave hanging and god knows when it'll come back up. That is something FGO does well at.

I just wish they'd re-run the 1.x events beforehand so I don't have to youtube it. The soft block sucks.

Pejo

I'm glad they're picking up quest stories since they eventually have to. Lot of things they leave hanging and god knows when it'll come back up. That is something FGO does well at.

I just wish they'd re-run the 1.x events beforehand so I don't have to youtube it. The soft block sucks.
Yea the story tie-in events need some story key unlock rerun variant. The Fischl event still has no signs of a rerun, the OG Albedo event, Archipelago, etc. All of these things really expand the world lore and it sucks for new/late players that they have to depend on youtubing the cutscenes instead of playing the events in game.

This is pretty cool, huge image, so click it to see detail, but this guy did pretty nice art of all the characters so far.

uxwkhsroszy71.jpg

YukiOnna

Yea the story tie-in events need some story key unlock rerun variant. The Fischl event still has no signs of a rerun, the OG Albedo event, Archipelago, etc. All of these things really expand the world lore and it sucks for new/late players that they have to depend on youtubing the cutscenes instead of playing the events in game.

This is pretty cool, huge image, so click it to see detail, but this guy did pretty nice art of all the characters so far.

uxwkhsroszy71.jpg
Should have thrown in Albedo Event Part 1 before they ran this one. It could have been in this patch too on its tail end IMO. But maybe they'll feature this stuff later since we only just got faster reruns as of 2.3.

Awesome art. Is that by the same artist?

Also more Eula thanks to Rerun

Pejo

Ok so there's a good chance this is bullshit, but this guy supposedly predicted the 2.3 banners a long ass time ago. I'll post some thoughts from discussions based on speculation at the end. (this was originally in chinese, but google translated to english)

4fpxgxpzabz71.jpg

So supposedly:

• 2.4 - Shenhe got switched to cryo catalyst. She'll be on a banner with Yunjin and then double rerun for Zhongli and Xiao
  • 2.5 - New water and electro character, supposedly Yae, maybe a new 4* for the water.
  • 2.6 - Enkanomiya release (underwater Watatsumi area). New Ayato banner with Ayaka/Yoimiya as the reruns
  • 2.7 - Klee/Venti reruns then a Varka banner
  • 2.8 - Doubt this is accurate, but supposedly it's the last patch before Sumeru proper. Maybe something like the Archepelago that eases us into Sumeru stuff without taking us directly there.
So if you can take that at face value, Chasm and Dendro is still miles and miles away, or maybe that's the 2.8 "dipping your toes in" for Sumeru.

YukiOnna

Ok so there's a good chance this is bullshit, but this guy supposedly predicted the 2.3 banners a long ass time ago. I'll post some thoughts from discussions based on speculation at the end. (this was originally in chinese, but google translated to english)

4fpxgxpzabz71.jpg

So supposedly:

• 2.4 - Shenhe got switched to cryo catalyst. She'll be on a banner with Yunjin and then double rerun for Zhongli and Xiao
  • 2.5 - New water and electro character, supposedly Yae, maybe a new 4* for the water.
  • 2.6 - Enkanomiya release (underwater Watatsumi area). New Ayato banner with Ayaka/Yoimiya as the reruns
  • 2.8 - Doubt this is accurate, but supposedly it's the last patch before Sumeru proper. Maybe something like the Archepelago that eases us into Sumeru stuff without taking us directly there.
So if you can take that at face value, Chasm and Dendro is still miles and miles away, or maybe that's the 2.8 "dipping your toes in" for Sumeru.
I don't mind a longer 2.x cycle. A bit of a shame if Enkanomiya is as far as 2.6 though.

BlackM1st

Banned
Hopefully 2.4 will have double reruns too with Ganyu
People who would skip Cocogoat don't know what they're losing. No old or new character comes close to her. She's absolutely broken.

Of course if you can aim. If you can't aim/ don't want to point and click for victory then there's no reason to pull for her.

Shenhe is rumored to be similar to her, so she might be better than Eula.
Yep, that's why EULA comes first. But then again, judging by new CCP policy there can be a severe lack of waifus in the future updates. So...

Ok so there's a good chance this is bullshit

LMAO, still no Cocogoat?

Pejo

People who would skip Cocogoat don't know what they're losing. No old or new character comes close to her. She's absolutely broken.

Of course if you can aim. If you can't aim/ don't want to point and click for victory then there's no reason to pull for her.

Yep, that's why EULA comes first. But then again, judging by new CCP policy there can be a severe lack of waifus in the future updates. So...

LMAO, still no Cocogoat?
It's so hard to tell, the translate job leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure the original CN text had a lot of hints without directly saying stuff which was probably butchered in translation, so this is like getting something 4th hand from the source. I can't imagine they wait that long for Cocogoat either.

I AM hopeful that they changed you know who to Catalyst though. That's the right move. That way she doesn't eat Rosaria's lunch and provides some elemental/weapon type coverage that we've never had.

BlackM1st

Banned
That way she doesn't eat Rosaria's lunch and provides some elemental/weapon type coverage that we've never had
Get ready for some crazy icd. Like once in 10 seconds you can get a reaction xD Damn, sometimes I can't help myself but smile about how broken Mona X Cryo is.

I can't imagine they wait that long for Cocogoat either.

She's really taking her sweet time.

BTW that trash furry fuckboi looks like another ultra specialized support hero. Similar to Sara. Looks like this is the new norm going forward and chances for another support hero comparable to Bennett/Waterboy are slim. Not like I care, but still...

SSfox

4fpxgxpzabz71.jpg

So supposedly:

Xiao and Z simultaneously Oh FFS please be fake!!!

Pejo

Another creative teapot. This guy built a modern-ish looking house out of other furniture.
bqta6x8vsaz71.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Another creative teapot. This guy built a modern-ish looking house out of other furniture.
bqta6x8vsaz71.png

LOL, WTF... Crazy.

MiHo should increase the load limits and and allow stacking of items without glitches. I have like 2 sets and 5 random items on my main island and that's all I can fit in there.

Fuz

Banned
I'm bored AF.
Pulling is an important part of a gacha enjoyment.
When is Itto banner supposed to drop?

How this game is having the success it's having is beyond me.
Thank god for global warming.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm bored AF.

scratching chappelles show GIF

You ok, man? Need dat sweet sweet endorphins? Well...

Weapon/Standart banner is always there for you :3

You just need to open your heart and your wallet! ❤

Driving The Simpsons GIF

YukiOnna

I'm bored AF.

Itto Banner is 2nd half of the patch IIRC.

YukiOnna

Oh yeah. I got Jean from standard wish earlier.
I don't think you actually need anybody to send you anything. You just need to post which flowers you want and then send them to someone else.
By the way, do you know if Eula and Raiden work together well?

Pejo

Oh yeah. I got Jean from standard wish earlier.

By the way, do you know if Eula and Raiden work together well?
Yea, like BlackM1st BlackM1st mentions if you're running a phys team, you pretty much need an electro user for superconduct. Right now I'm using Sara in my Eula team because I'm coping with the fact that Sara is mainly useless and unfun to use but I like her design so much. Shogun/Fischl are still the two best options almost universally, Razor is also good because his Ele skill at high constellations applies def down (different stat than resistance shred). Lisa is good for the same reason but it's her burst that gives the def down so it can't be spammed like Razor. Beidou is a great electro character but she lends herself more to fast hitting teams, usually paired with a Hydro character.

If I had to rank them, I'd say the best Electro for Eula is:
Shogun = Fischl > C4 Razor > Sara > Beidou > Lisa > Electraveler > Keq

If Razor isn't C4 or above then Sara is better. If you can deal with her awkward gameplay, she's probably a little better than even C4 Razor at max investment. I'm talking Ele burst buff build with Noblesse and Elegy.

The thing about playing Eula and swapping out to other characters, is that it's mostly safe to do so. Her stacks for her Ele skill will remain even after switching characters for a time. The only time you don't want to do it without thinking is after you use her Burst, since it will drop the big dick damage splash as soon as you switch out. Sometimes that's a handy manual trigger when you're trying to clear a bunch of enemies that are almost dead and otherwise would hit after they already died or moved away. Usually though you want to switch to your Electro before using her Burst so that it refreshes superconduct and gives you the full duration to build stacks and maximize damage.

Shogun is a straight damage increase on almost any team requiring very little on-field time, so she's not really bad in any team unless it's a pyro focus and you don't want to be bouncing enemies all over the place with Overload or a perma-freeze team.

*edit*

lul5dsqbnkz71.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I have no idea what you're waiting for with so much primos. Not like you have too much stuff. Pull weapon or something. Diluc banner is ain't happening.
It's not even two full pities.
And what should I pull for? Hu Tao? I hate her.

Last edited:

Pejo

And what should I pull for? Hu Tao? I hate her.
I think saving is the right move. I have a hope that Shenhe's going to be good, now that she may have switched to Catalyst. Even if not, Yae is looming.

BlackM1st

Banned
For people who are extremely bored, but still not at the max World Level I recommend to level it up finally.

You'll immediately feel like you need to do something haha

It's a temporary solution because sooner or later you will start to 1HK everything again, but it can be fun for some time.

Any use for the staff on your end?

He hates gambling 🎰 and also hates MiHo lol For that MiHoYo refuses to give him Diluc.

I think saving is the right move. I have a hope that Shenhe's going to be good, now that she may have switched to Catalyst. Even if not, Yae is looming.

Saving is always the right move. Until it's a 1 year anniversary and there's still no Cocogoat rerun, hah Best advice would be "save up, but only for new banners". Waiting for reruns and skipping new characters is a waste.

No need to waste it all. Just a little bit. On what? Hm...Depends on what you want.

Pejo

I just hope the Shenhe identity thing rumor isn't true...
I've gone back and forth on it. There have been some compelling lore bits that point to it being true, but then a lot of that could be chalked up to mistranslation. Bottom line is that MHY could make it an asspull either way at the last minute to make it true or not. No sense worrying about it.

BlackM1st

Banned
BTW current Hu Tao banner is extremely close to Baal in Japan sales wise.

Homa is just too damn good. Plus, apparently people there love Hu Tao and her big DMG numbers. Personally she's way too annoying to play with, so she isn't worthy of my 0 primogems.

I've gone back and forth on it. There have been some compelling lore bits that point to it being true, but then a lot of that could be chalked up to mistranslation. Bottom line is that MHY could make it an asspull either way at the last minute to make it true or not. No sense worrying about it.
They will make her the ultimate milf haha

Isn't she the birb? Or maybe a camel?
That's the rumor, yeah.

YukiOnna

Good idea. I guess it's my image of Cloud Retainer is very different if she did have a human form, but let's wait and see.

Isn't she the birb? Or maybe a camel?
I was expecting an actual camel...

BTW current Hu Tao banner is extremely close to Baal in Japan sales wise.
Yes, the top 3 in Japan is going to be: Hu Tao, Raiden, Ganyu and I think Klee.

Of course, if you count her initial banner, Hu Tao already passed it. Raiden re-run will definitely happen too and Ganyu... eventually.

BlackM1st

Banned
eventually
Eventually

Yes, the top 3 in Japan is going to be: Hu Tao, Raiden, Ganyu and I think Klee.
Japan is meta/waifu land.

My tastes are kinda similar except for Hu Tao, as I refuse to see her as a premium character worthy of my primos. 4☆ 4ever. I couldn't get her for cheap (twice already), so eh... Plus, I'm sure a lot of her banner sales are actually Homa sales. It's not Baal's ER stick or 🐟 donut.

Homa is a universally great weapon.

YukiOnna

Eventually

Japan is meta/waifu land.

My tastes are kinda similar except for Hu Tao, as I refuse to see her as a premium character worthy of my primos. 4☆ 4ever. I couldn't get her for cheap (twice already), so eh... Plus, I'm sure a lot of her banner sales are actually Homa sales. It's not Baal's ER stick or 🐟 donut.

Homa is a universally great weapon.
Probably why Childe's 2nd rerun did good, I think. The weapon.
Of course the userbase has increased so Hu Tao has more going for her, but I don't think that top 3 will change anytime soon. Eula is going to be an interesting one to watch.

Pejo

Here's what we have (in summary on the wiki) about Shenhe so far.

Profile​

Personality​

Shenhe is a ferocious individual who can be easily angered; from what Ganyu heard from Cloud Retainer, she obliterates her surroundings when her temper gets the better of her. Xingqiu is wary around her, as she gives him a "fierce" gaze and wonders if he offended her or someone close to her.

Appearance​

Hu Tao sees Shenhe as a unique individual, considering her to be far different from anyone else and that she is "pure" and "pristine."
So that Ganyu voice line could be just a red herring, or it could be indicating that Shenhe is in fact a different person than Cloud Retainer.

The "About Shenhe" voice lines are already in Honey Impact despite not being available yet in game, but you can't copy/paste text from that site for whatever reason. Hu Tao's line indicates that she eats fresh divine herbs and dew from the mountains daily, which would indicate something an adeptus bird would do. Ganyu's line indiicates that both she and Cloud Retainer have met her, but Ganyu doesn't know her well.

YukiOnna

Who needs Artoria when you have Noelle?

Rifthounds aren't so bad to fight when you figure out their attack pattern, but I'm kind of dreading the Wolflord. Lorewise, It's good they added more monsters from the cataclysm even if the aesthetic is a bit weird. Hoping the Dragonheir ends up being the 2nd Inazuma weekly boss since it's also from the Abyss.

SSfox

I have question guys, does the pity stock up on weapon banner like in character banner? Or does it reset when new weapon banner comes?

Top Bottom