• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Shouta

Sry, but how to do rerolls?

I'm playing on the PC version and all you have to do is start the game via the "Username" option. If you don't get anything you want, you can log out of the account and then create a new one to go through the prologue. If you get something you want, you can link your email to it. It takes like 25-40 minutes per reroll or so?

Fake

I'm playing on the PC version and all you have to do is start the game via the "Username" option. If you don't get anything you want, you can log out of the account and then create a new one to go through the prologue. If you get something you want, you can link your email to it. It takes like 25-40 minutes per reroll or so?

Oh, Ok, I playing on PS4, but I get curious because people on twitter keep saying about reroll to get others chars.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
LegendOfKage LegendOfKage

Can you please tack on a notice that on PC downloading it behind a VPN in China took me from 4Mb/s to 41Mb/s?

Reading around the download speeds are atrocious for PC, and I agree. Just cut 6 hours down to 30 minutes

Just remember to not put ANY credentials for ANY system when connected to a VPN in China

Zambatoh

Is this P2W? SXorry if someone already mentioned..
No. This is not an MMO and you very rarely interact with other players. This is primarily a single player RPG with a cast of characters that are added to the party by playing through the story. The gacha system simply provides additional playable characters to mess around with. But it's also detrimental if you try to level too many characters at once. Just pick a few characters to level exclusively or stick with the story characters.

fersnake

No. This is not an MMO and you very rarely interact with other players. This is primarily a single player RPG with a cast of characters that are added to the party by playing through the story. The gacha system simply provides additional playable characters to mess around with. But it's also detrimental if you try to level too many characters at once. Just pick a few characters to level exclusively or stick with the story characters.
what? so why you can add friends? i though you where able to play with friend and doing missions? dang it

Pejo

Finally, I'm out of reroll hell. I didn't get any of the characters I wanted, but I promised that I'd stop with my first 5*. This was my 11th reroll account, so we're looking at about 352 (32 per reroll x 11) total rolls for a 5* character (yikes). I probably fucked up the math, but if I was spending money that means somewhere around 850 dollars just to get the 5*, minus any pity mechanics.

Got the little Jiangshi girl, wasn't crazy about it, but she's actually a ton of fun to play. She can freezelock anything that isn't fire for like 30 seconds and I haven't unlocked any upgrades for her yet. This was a pretty lucky rolling account overall, as I got a 5* and 3 4* characters outside of the guaranteed Noelle. I really like Barbara so I'm glad she showed up on this reroll. Her heals and charge move are great. I got 6 out of (i think?) 7 elements represented too. Welp, time to hoard currency until a featured rate up or until I have enough for guaranteed pity of a character I want.

Does anyone know what the pity system looks like for this game, btw?

27uo7qG.png

Andodalf

Banned
Finally, I'm out of reroll hell. I didn't get any of the characters I wanted, but I promised that I'd stop with my first 5*. This was my 11th reroll account, so we're looking at about 352 (32 per reroll x 11) total rolls for a 5* character (yikes). I probably fucked up the math, but if I was spending money that means somewhere around 850 dollars just to get the 5*, minus any pity mechanics.

Got the little Jiangshi girl, wasn't crazy about it, but she's actually a ton of fun to play. She can freezelock anything that isn't fire for like 30 seconds and I haven't unlocked any upgrades for her yet. This was a pretty lucky rolling account overall, as I got a 5* and 3 4* characters outside of the guaranteed Noelle. I really like Barbara so I'm glad she showed up on this reroll. Her heals and charge move are great. I got 6 out of (i think?) 7 elements represented too. Welp, time to hoard currency until a featured rate up or until I have enough for guaranteed pity of a character I want.

Does anyone know what the pity system looks like for this game, btw?

27uo7qG.png

What missions do you need to do to get to 32 per re roll?

To help people better understand what this game is, I added the following to the OP:

Exactly what does the gameplay involve?

Combat - You play as a team of four characters, each with elemental abilities. You can switch characters instantly, and only one character from the team is ever on screen at a given time. You fight using various elemental combinations. Each character has basic attacks, and two skills on cooldown timers, one short and one long. There is no lock-on function to target enemies, but there is a dodge function that also doubles as a run button. The main character has a sword, while others can be skilled in archery, magic, spears, etc.

Exploration - This is where Breath of the Wild comparisons are pretty accurate. You can climb most surfaces, you have a stamina bar, you have a glider for air travel, you can swim, you can place pins on your map to mark areas of importance, and the list goes on. There are hundreds of treasure chests to find, some in the open, some that require enemies to be defeated, and some that require light puzzle solving. In most chests you find items that can boost your character's XP. This, not combat, is the primary method of gaining XP.

Genshin Impact is a single player game, not an MMO. Multiplayer is completely optional, and supports up to four players.

Pejo

What missions do you need to do to get to 32 per re roll?
So at rank 4 (basically getting to the big city) you unlock wishes and can roll your first 10 with 8 of those tokens you get from the pre-reg rewards. Then I found a path that I just open a lot of chests and collect a lot of those statue upgrade wisp things, then do the first 2 dungeons (the fire bow girl's and the ice dude's). That was enough to consistently get me rank 7 which is when you get the 1600 currency in the mail. Then you buy 11 of the tokens with the currency, spend 8 more on the beginner banner 2. After that, you have some dust or whatever they call it (byproduct from rolling on banners), and re-buy more tokens. You should get exactly 10 again without doing anything. Roll that one, then trade the dust in for 1-2 more single rolls.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Has some frame drops here and there on my base ps4, but still playable.

Very much enjoying it so far. Don‘t plan to spend any real money. Will get what I can with ingame unlocks and just play through the story and whatelse is there.
That's how I play most gachas meself.

Last edited by a moderator:

sublimit

Banned
I played some more yesterday. I think one of the main problems of the game early in the beginning is that it lacks a proper tutorial.
Sometimes i feel like:
how-do-i-internet

mKsgpFX.jpg

5 reroll accounts later, I got a 5*. This rerolling process is extremely tedious since you literally need to play anywhere from 20-40 minutes of the game depending on if you stop at AR5 or AR7. She wasn't my first choice of 5* but she's apparently the strongest healer in the game so that's me set on supports since I also pulled Chuuni x2 which means I've unlocked her first constellation too.

This account lacks a primary DPS role unit but hopefully I'll get something useful to cover that spot out of the bonus we're getting tomorrow.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Only a few more hours to get a free Barbara. (need to be level 20)

Game launched 2 days ago.

The fuck game.

Only a few more hours to get a free Barbara. (need to be level 20)

Game launched 2 days ago.

The fuck game.

What? No. Unless you know something that I don't, you have up until the first major update of the game (version 1.1) to hit level 20 and get a free Barbara. The sources I saw speculated that players would have about a month before the first major update. And while you probably already know this, you don't need character rank 20, you need adventure rank 20.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What? No. Unless you know something that I don't, you have up until the first major update of the game (version 1.1) to hit level 20 and get a free Barbara. The sources I saw speculated that players would have about a month before the first major update.
Isn't it today at 11 AM? If I'm wrong then great because I don't want to miss out.
And while you probably already know this, you don't need character rank 20, you need adventure rank 20.
That's what I meant.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Will be giving this another chance on PC. Hope it runs well, I´ve watched some gameplay videos and looks pretty as fuck at 60 frames.

Of course that will be maybe next year, once the client has finished downloading the game. >_>

Is there a way to increase the stamina bar ?

There are two different types of blue floating things in this game. One is a little ghostly thing that you follow to a treasure, and the other is usually found high up in various hard to reach spots. You're looking for the second one. As you find them, you can offer them up to the statues of the seven for a lot of adventure rank XP and increases in stamina. They're called "amenoculus." They also appear as "stars" on your mini map. If you you run into one that you can't reach, mark the location on map so you can return later.

I think I'll also add that to the OP.

uhh is this a roll or should i reroll?

If I'm not mistaken, I think that's generally thought of as one of the better four star characters. I'm referring to your random pull of the lightning archer, not the one you always get. If you enjoy her gameplay, that likely wouldn't be a bad choice to start with, especially if you don't enjoy the re-rolling process.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Is there a way to increase the stamina bar ?

Level up Elemental Statues, by offering element crystals you find in the overworld.

Statues are visible in the world map. Simply reach and active them.

Elemental crystals are not. They only become visible once your character comes closer to it. Pay attention to your mini map and sounds. Once you get near them a sound pop ups. They're marked as a "white star" in the mini map.

Last edited:
I thought this was a pretty informative video. Aside from that, I also reworked and expanded the tips and suggestions section of the OP.

Last edited:

Pejo

I spent like an hour last night going around and fighting those leyline bulb fights, some of the battles get really hectic, I'm loving the combat after it opens up. I can see now that character switching and team synergy are going to be one of the more important parts of the game. Also fought a few open world "bosses", those are a little underwhelming for the ones I can currently fight at least. I'm really impressed with the effort put into this game. Lots of little details that you don't see in modern AAA games these days, much less gachas.

Is there a way to unlock constellations without having to pull dupes?

I’m relatively inexperienced with Gacha and haven’t encountered any dreaded freemium mechanics in my short play time today but I was blown away by the production values. It looks amazing, the combat is decent and the exploration is unlike anything I’ve played on my phone before.

Patch 1.1 is still a few weeks away guys.

I spent like an hour last night going around and fighting those leyline bulb fights, some of the battles get really hectic, I'm loving the combat after it opens up. I can see now that character switching and team synergy are going to be one of the more important parts of the game. Also fought a few open world "bosses", those are a little underwhelming for the ones I can currently fight at least. I'm really impressed with the effort put into this game. Lots of little details that you don't see in modern AAA games these days, much less gachas.

Is there a way to unlock constellations without having to pull dupes?
I think constellations is like NP+ mechanics of this game. Traveler gets free C6 though!

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Changed my mind on not touching this. Will give it a try after work today.

Going in with low expectations.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Decided on the PS4 version since the Android release doesn't support controllers and the PC release has some nasty spyware that gets installed alongside it.

Pejo

Decided on the PS4 version since the Android release doesn't support controllers and the PC release has some nasty spyware that gets installed alongside it.
the anticheat thing on PC will be readjusted so it doesn't run when the game is closed after the next update, supposedly.

Pulling a 5-star weapon was incredibly disappointing at first, but after upgrading and actually using it... holy shit these things are insane. The one I got is basically the Master Sword in Greatsword form, because its range and power extends after using an Elemental Burst (which is very easy to build up with a Greatsword Charge Attack). Basically turns Noelle into a DPS tank lol
the anticheat thing on PC will be readjusted so it doesn't run when the game is closed after the next update, supposedly.
It was already fixed. They estimated the patch would be in less than 30hrs and delivered it in less than 3 lol

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fully maxed out twin/weapon (40) Adventurer rank 17. I need to eat. The Chinese sky bird statue thing was neat. Oh the ps4 version needs a reboot after playing it for a while since the teleportation icons disappeared from the cities.

GreenAlien

Just played for 10 minutes or so. Runs great with everything on high(1080p) with only 8GB ram (recommended is 16) and a RX480.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Ps4 Pro 4k?

rDWSY2F.jpg

A9Wbvet.jpg

zbmvhWK.jpg

Here are some screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom