• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

jonnyXx

This is my first new PC in like 5+ years though, so it was time. 4070 Ti Super and 7800X3D.
Nice! Yea that should max out Genshin at 4k easily. Congrats on the new rig.

I am worried with this new combined HoYo launcher that they're gonna share common assets like ground textures, npc animations, etc. Could really screw up mods and make it hard to keep updating them.
Certainly hope not, I've amassed quite a collection. I'd hate to have to go back to default character outfits.

Oh nice, got Acheron in 50 pulls 😎

Pejo Pejo
Good shit, that PC build should last quite a while.

Edit.
Went for her LC and got that in 50 pulls as well lol. Have 26k jade left, considering I likely won’t be pulling for a couple patches I’m feeling pretty good about things. #blessed

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh nice, got Acheron in 50 pulls 😎

Pejo Pejo
Good shit, that PC build should last quite a while.

Edit.
Went for her LC and got that in 50 pulls as well lol. Have 26k jade left, considering I likely won’t be pulling for a couple patches I’m feeling pretty good about things. #blessed
Congrats! I got an early 5*, but it was Bailu, got no copies of soda man either, just like 5 Pelas. Out of jades, so we'll see if I get lucky on the remaining free pulls we're getting for anni or whatever.

Is the LC that good? I read the stats and it looks like just a straight up damage buff without any cool effects or anything. Unless that "sizzle" effect does something that it doesn't mention.

deanote666

I was making the USB boot drive on my current PC to use on the new one. It didn't boot sadly, but I think it's because I put the RAM in the wrong channels for dual channel. Hoping that's all it is.

Downside is that the RAM is under the GPU so I gotta take pretty much everything out to get to it. I'm taking a break to chill out for a bit.

Star Rail has shippers that put 2 women together that haven't even met each other in the game. I guess some Japanese magazine had them rated as the highest/most popular ship in the entire game. You can't make sense of any of it. Like I said, I don't give a shit about it if they want to do it, but it's just when it becomes the whole conversation or like you said they try to gaslight that the game itself is "a LGBTQ game" because of their fanfiction, it annoys me.

I'm pretty sure the mods were all women or "women". But yea, I agree. Even the other main subreddits were dunking on how stupid it was, as ironic as that is.

Yea he had been doing it for a few months I think, I saw a few of the individual posts as he was making them before it turned into a big collection.

Yea I was always a little jealous when you posted your screenshots in here, while I was sitting here looking at my jaggies. This is my first new PC in like 5+ years though, so it was time. 4070 Ti Super and 7800X3D.

Yea, at least PC has mods to fix some of that, but the volumetric clouds doesn't even have a mod, that I found at least. It also annoyed me that no modern day devs make the ability to run native fullscreen anymore.

The texture thing is available on PC, my friend had to disable it though because it fucked with some mods. It was barely noticeable in motion anyways, just stuff like adding polygons to certain character models. The best example I saw was Kirara's tail being less of a hexagon and more rounded. Not worth it.

I am worried with this new combined HoYo launcher that they're gonna share common assets like ground textures, npc animations, etc. Could really screw up mods and make it hard to keep updating them.
There's "better ways" to put in ram but there's no "wrong way" that will stop it from booting (assuming a single cpu).

Either you don't have a stick seated properly, defective ram, or you have the wrong ram.

Match the cpu to the motherboard and then match the ram to the cpu and motherboard.

What all happens when you turn it on? Should have some sort of beep/led light flashing giving you a code.

Congrats! I got an early 5*, but it was Bailu, got no copies of soda man either, just like 5 Pelas. Out of jades, so we'll see if I get lucky on the remaining free pulls we're getting for anni or whatever.

Is the LC that good? I read the stats and it looks like just a straight up damage buff without any cool effects or anything. Unless that "sizzle" effect does something that it doesn't mention.
LC sizzle counts as a debuff so she builds stacks faster. And ya, tons of damage. Sometimes that’s OK, complexity does not equal depth. She’s a dps, so making her dps better is all I’m concerned with.

Also I was very low on nihility LCs and I wasn’t going to change Kafka or Swans LCs because that would ruin their builds. And considering I still had over 30K jade after getting her, I said why not.

Pejo

There's "better ways" to put in ram but there's no "wrong way" that will stop it from booting (assuming a single cpu).

Either you don't have a stick seated properly, defective ram, or you have the wrong ram.

Match the cpu to the motherboard and then match the ram to the cpu and motherboard.

What all happens when you turn it on? Should have some sort of beep/led light flashing giving you a code.
Yea I reseated both, put them in the recommended slots (by the mobo manual) for proper pairing to maximize speed. Still got the same beep code (fast continuous beeps). There were 2 possibilities, one was RAM, the other was PSU issues. I was too tired after doing a full spring cleaning yesterday on top of building the PC, so I just packed it back up for the night and decided to dig back in today. I bought a modular PSU and had to buy a 24 pin extension since the default cable that came with the PSU was too short to reach the port, so there's like 50 places that there could be a weak connection for the PSU. I plan to go through every one today and make sure they're all tight. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just return the PSU and get a non-modular old boi. I was hoping to cut down on cable clutter by only using the cables I needed but this kind of shit annoys me.

LC sizzle counts as a debuff so she builds stacks faster. And ya, tons of damage. Sometimes that’s OK, complexity does not equal depth. She’s a dps, so making her dps better is all I’m concerned with.

Also I was very low on nihility LCs and I wasn’t going to change Kafka or Swans LCs because that would ruin their builds. And considering I still had over 30K jade after getting her, I said why not.
Ah, there it is. Sizzle counting as a debuff on its own makes sense of why it's good now. But yea, nothing wrong with straight up damage gear, but I tend to only pull for LCs with unique effects since I'm not a min/maxxer. I rarely get "top tier" artifacts so using f2p rolls on just a damage buff seems like a waste of resources when I already knowingly leave so much damage on the table by not farming 'perfect' sets.

Yea I reseated both, put them in the recommended slots (by the mobo manual) for proper pairing to maximize speed. Still got the same beep code (fast continuous beeps). There were 2 possibilities, one was RAM, the other was PSU issues. I was too tired after doing a full spring cleaning yesterday on top of building the PC, so I just packed it back up for the night and decided to dig back in today. I bought a modular PSU and had to buy a 24 pin extension since the default cable that came with the PSU was too short to reach the port, so there's like 50 places that there could be a weak connection for the PSU. I plan to go through every one today and make sure they're all tight. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just return the PSU and get a non-modular old boi. I was hoping to cut down on cable clutter by only using the cables I needed but this kind of shit annoys me.

Ah, there it is. Sizzle counting as a debuff on its own makes sense of why it's good now. But yea, nothing wrong with straight up damage gear, but I tend to only pull for LCs with unique effects since I'm not a min/maxxer. I rarely get "top tier" artifacts so using f2p rolls on just a damage buff seems like a waste of resources when I already knowingly leave so much damage on the table by not farming 'perfect' sets.
Ya generally in Genshin and Star Rail I never pull for weapons (only Raiden) because the 4* and/or f2p options are good enough. But I’ve invested heavily into Nihility characters and I like how they are all set up and literally had no more LCs to go around other then 3* ones and that felt just wrong lol. So it was either pull for her LC or ruin an existing character.

I don’t pre farm though, (been busy irl) so it’s going to be at least 2-3 weeks before Acheron ready to actually use. But that’s OK, just makes it easier to know what to work for when I log in.

I saw some leaks for Boothil and he actually seems kind of cool… but I’ll likely save for Sam anyway because having iron man on the team seems fun and Sam looks cool.

Well, they got me. I took the plunge on the Chronicled Wish banner for Eula and ended up spending 144 wishes total with of course a lost 50/50 to Mona. I did get Fischl to C6 finally, as well as an Amber and Lisa con. I also got Fischl's signature DPS bow and another exclusive bow which is apparently BiS for her. So overall pretty okay I guess.

Overall, my luck has been pretty bad. Very unfortunate. I reckon I'm due for some earlies and won 50/50s in Natlan.

Well, they got me. I took the plunge on the Chronicled Wish banner for Eula and ended up spending 144 wishes total with of course a lost 50/50 to Mona. I did get Fischl to C6 finally, as well as an Amber and Lisa con. I also got Fischl's signature DPS bow and another exclusive bow which is apparently BiS for her. So overall pretty okay I guess.

Overall, my luck has been pretty bad. Very unfortunate. I reckon I'm due for some earlies and won 50/50s in Natlan.
Which bows were they?
When I was rolling for Raidens weapon I lost a 50/50 to thundering pulse? An electro looking bow, but I never leveled it up. My fischl has been using 90r3 stringless. Very cool you got her to C6, jealous. I really like her and would love to have her at maximum power.

Last edited:
Which bows where they?
When I was rolling for Raidens weapon I lost a 50/50 to thundering pulse? An electro looking bow, but I never leveled it up. My fischl has been using 90r3 stringless. Very cool you got her to C6, jealous. I really like her and would love to have her at maximum power.
Thundering Pulse is for Yoimiya, though it probably works on any DPS bow character.

Fischl's signature bow is called Mitternachts Waltz, but it boosts Phys DMG for on-field play. This used to be popular in the early stages of the game, but had fallen off before this bow even came out. Looks good on her though.

The other bow is Alley Hunter. Apparently it barely edges out Stringless for off-field builds. I only have a single copy of it though, so I don't know how it compares to a refined Stringless. My Faruzan's been carrying Stringless, so getting Alley Hunter was convenient timing.

Hope you can get some cons soon too!

deanote666

Motherboard manual should say what the beeps mean.

What model ram, cpu, motherboard? For ram, need version, speed, udimm/rdimm, ecc or not.

Try it with a single stick of ram and without the gpu. Try another stick of ram if it still doesn't work.

If it works without the gpu, try laying the computer on its side and try it with the gpu. If the gpu doesn't have enough support, it could cause connections to be strained when the pc is vertical.

Since you said you have a modular psu, you should be able to remove it easily and move it closer to test without the extension cable.

Verify your psu has enough capacity to run those gpu and everything else.

Got your cooling fan with a good amount of thermal paste and fully seated on the motherboard? A slight gap, if not seated properly, will cause it to shut down.

Is this your first build or are you used to working in a pc? Not implying anything, just will change how I explain things.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Neuvi/Kazoo's banner's looking rough. Yanfei, Xingqiu and Barbara. Good for me though, since they won't show up on future banners for a while.
Damn, I'm planning to pull for Kazuha cons and was hoping for some good 4 stars but out of those all I want is 1 more Xingqiu for C6. Barb is already C6 and don't care for Yanfei.

The way my luck is going recently I wouldn't be surprised if I end up not getting a single Xingqiu. Happened with Chevreuse and then with Gaming.

Pejo

You know, it's been months and months now, but it still chaps my ass that one of the absolute top most tier designed characters in all of Genshin has arguably the worst kit in the game. Definitively the worst 5* kit. I will never forgive them for what they did to Dehya.
of6bza7637rc1.jpeg

Pejo

So I just did all of the events tonight. Alchemy one ended up being pretty fun. Nice little events and scenes to break up the grind. Interesting mechanics and nice way to make you use your brain in both the puzzles and playing the market.

Question - After you get all the rewards and get the scene with Jean and Lisa, is that it? I think I was on phase 27 or something when I bought everything, upgraded everything, made all the potion types at Expert level. If there's any hidden stuff after that, I'll keep going, otherwise I'm satisfied with where I left it.

Fayz stuff was pretty fun this time. Hate the teams that they make you use, but the pause to snapshot thing was pretty novel for a throwaway battle event. The only two I really hated were Xiao/Cloud Retainer and Itto/Chiori. They both felt awful to play. Wish they'd stop trying to make Xiao happen, he's shit but somehow he's got 2 dedicated artifact sets and a 4 and 5 star support, and he still sucks.

So I pretty much ran out of things to spend resin on. Got all of the characters I'm interested in ever playing to 90 at 9/9/9 talents (at least), level 90 unique weapon on everyone (in other words they don't share with another character), and spent the last few weeks just burning resin on leylines to stock up on books/Mora. So I've run out of reasons to not farm artifact sets. Considering I'm a day 1 player though, I'm pretty in the dark about the most efficient way to do it.

My tentative plan is to farm the Navia set and then use the bad pieces to feed to the recycler to start working on my older characters with sub optimal substats on their sets. How far do you guys typically level up an artifact to see if it's worthwhile? I assume +8 would be the telling point, because by +4 all 4 stats are shown (on the ones that don't already show 4 at the beginning) and by +8 you can see if you get an unlucky roll into DEF. I didn't know if maybe it's worth it to go to +12 instead or if it's a case-by-case thing where you just hope it doesn't roll DEF twice on a set that's made up of like ATK%/Crit/CritDMG/DEF%.

I hate this kind of grind, but it'd be nice to get my damage carries up to their potential a bit more. Eula/Childe/Shenhe are my primary targets for now. I also remember seeing a site a long time ago that rates your artifacts so you know which ones are worthwhile vs. ones that aren't. Anybody use something like that?

Question - After you get all the rewards and get the scene with Jean and Lisa, is that it? I think I was on phase 27 or something when I bought everything, upgraded everything, made all the potion types at Expert level. If there's any hidden stuff after that, I'll keep going, otherwise I'm satisfied with where I left it.
Far as I know that's it. There's the Sucrose Expert level exam that takes place after the cutscene, but that's part of the reward goals, so you should have that. I crafted a couple double stat expert potions for fun but there's no reason to.

Fayz stuff was pretty fun this time. Hate the teams that they make you use, but the pause to snapshot thing was pretty novel for a throwaway battle event. The only two I really hated were Xiao/Cloud Retainer and Itto/Chiori. They both felt awful to play. Wish they'd stop trying to make Xiao happen, he's shit but somehow he's got 2 dedicated artifact sets and a 4 and 5 star support, and he still sucks.
I just used my own CR and Chiori solo, and that was enough to max out the rewards.

My tentative plan is to farm the Navia set and then use the bad pieces to feed to the recycler to start working on my older characters with sub optimal substats on their sets.
You probably know this already, but Navia's domain isn't the most effective way to spend resin. Golden Troupe/Marechaussee is probably the best, followed by Deepwood/Gilded (but those will be added to strongbox next anni). But hey, I farmed Navia's set too, so I can't say too much. If you're dedicated to certain characters, there's just no other option. But with those other domains, you can probably build more characters faster.

How far do you guys typically level up an artifact to see if it's worthwhile? I assume +8 would be the telling point, because by +4 all 4 stats are shown (on the ones that don't already show 4 at the beginning) and by +8 you can see if you get an unlucky roll into DEF. I didn't know if maybe it's worth it to go to +12 instead or if it's a case-by-case thing where you just hope it doesn't roll DEF twice on a set that's made up of like ATK%/Crit/CritDMG/DEF%.
I usually stop when it rolls into an undesirable stat twice. By that point, the pieces is no longer salvageable.

I hate this kind of grind, but it'd be nice to get my damage carries up to their potential a bit more. Eula/Childe/Shenhe are my primary targets for now. I also remember seeing a site a long time ago that rates your artifacts so you know which ones are worthwhile vs. ones that aren't. Anybody use something like that?
I don't remember that site, but Akasha shows what artifacts are good with a purple or golden border. It also shows the crit value. I've been farming for such a long time that I just kinda know what's good and what isn't.

By the way, here is my Akasha profile. I've only been using it for a couple days, but it's really convenient for checking your builds and comparing to other players. Apparently a couple of my characters are in the top 2% (or would be if I obtained their 5-star weapon). Neat.

Pejo

Far as I know that's it. There's the Sucrose Expert level exam that takes place after the cutscene, but that's part of the reward goals, so you should have that. I crafted a couple double stat expert potions for fun but there's no reason to.
Yea it was pretty satisfying making different potions. Wish there were more bottle shapes for some reason. I liked the aesthetics of the event with the glowing bottles. Reminded me of my teenage lava lamp/black light years.
I just used my own CR and Chiori solo, and that was enough to max out the rewards.
Yea the rewards weren't an issue since they made the requirement only 1000 points to get everything, but those two duos felt awful. I ended up doing what you mentioned and solo'd them with the ladies.
You probably know this already, but Navia's domain isn't the most effective way to spend resin. Golden Troupe/Marechaussee is probably the best, followed by Deepwood/Gilded (but those will be added to strongbox next anni). But hey, I farmed Navia's set too, so I can't say too much. If you're dedicated to certain characters, there's just no other option. But with those other domains, you can probably build more characters faster.
Yea I'm not interested in maximum efficiency at this point, I just want to make my damage carries on the teams I like using hit harder. I'll worry about supports and others later.
I don't remember that site, but Akasha shows what artifacts are good with a purple or golden border. It also shows the crit value. I've been farming for such a long time that I just kinda know what's good and what isn't.
Man. I loaded my profile into Akasha and I thought it was still calculating my artifacts but it turns out they were just so bad that most of them didn't even have a border lmao. My Eula only had one artifact with a border and it was a light blue one so light that it looked like it didn't have one. I knew my artifacts were shit but I'm almost insulted.
By the way, here is my Akasha profile. I've only been using it for a couple days, but it's really convenient for checking your builds and comparing to other players. Apparently a couple of my characters are in the top 2% (or would be if I obtained their 5-star weapon). Neat.
Does it only "know" the artifacts you have based on the scan of the public profile characters you have visible? So like if I want the stats included, I have to equip them and then put them on my featured 8?

Regardless, thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. There was another site I clicked in the past (and disregarded at the time) that let you manually enter the artifact stats and it would tell you if it's good or not, but this works too.

jonnyXx

There was another site I clicked in the past (and disregarded at the time) that let you manually enter the artifact stats and it would tell you if it's good or not, but this works too.
Maybe the genshin optimizer? Although that's actually for generating builds using your artifacts but it does give them a % rating. No color coded rarity system like akasha though.
It's really comprehensive, I was blown away by it when I first encountered it...still am.

Does it only "know" the artifacts you have based on the scan of the public profile characters you have visible? So like if I want the stats included, I have to equip them and then put them on my featured 8?
It seems to remember ones you've had on your featured characters at some point. So you could just rotate through all of your artifacts and constantly refresh to get them all on there. I think.

In other news, I've gone completely mental and have started working on getting all achievements. That includes fishing for 2000 fish, looking at all locations for the unusual Hilichurl twice, daily, and going to the shrine to get a fortune slip every day. I'm going to have to look into some of the hidden achievements soon too.

Pejo Pejo
The advice the others gave you is good. Just run dungeons. If you can’t strong box a particular set then there’s no other choice. How can something be inefficient if it’s the only way to get it? At least with condensed resin it doesn’t take long to drain your energy everyday so between that and commissions you can get in and out of the game pretty quickly.

I have found that when farming artifacts/relics in Genshin and Star Rail it’s best to think on the scale of weeks. I don’t expect to get anything good out of any particular single run, or day of farming (160 energy) But over the course of time You’ll nab good shit. Maybe not perfect sets, but good sets for sure.

+4 any 3 line artifact that looks like it could be good, level up to 8/12/16 if rolls are mostly what you want (2/3 rolls in your favor)

I have so many potentially great pieces locked at sitting at +0 because I just don’t have the resources to level them up to inspect them.
But I’m also at the point that many of my main characters are going to suffer from diminishing returns since they already had pretty good sets.

I’m in the same boat character wise in Genshin. Just saving to save at this point. Don’t even have a particular goal right now for a character to pull. I’m just focusing on the ones I have because I like so many of the characters I already have.

deanote666

I try and get a decent set on a character and move on. I only try and min/max when I have nothing else I want to spend resin on.

Still don't feel comfortable with websites that "scan" my profile. Don't want my profile being more visible than it has to be.

Looks like my sis quit genshin. Bought a bunch of genshin keychains before she did so she's getting them either way.

jonnyXx

Here's a comparison of the Character Dynamic Resolution setting ON vs OFF using Mona.
It should be quite interesting if modders can get this working with mods.
YM1iXeN.jpg

Pejo

Here's a comparison of the Character Dynamic Resolution setting ON vs OFF using Mona.
It should be quite interesting if modders can get this working with mods.
YM1iXeN.jpg
Gonna have to look EXTRA close on this one...
Spying Latoya Jackson GIF

Joking aside, it actually is noticeably smoother. Still gonna fuck with mods I'd imagine though.

Thanks to everyone for the advice with Artifacts. I'm a good 11 runs deep yet and not a single good artifact in Navia's domain, also not a single good artifact from 60-70 recycles. I dunno how people do this kind of thing for months and not go insane.

Bought the new month wishes from the dust shop, got my C6 Kaeya finally. He was the last of the starter characters that I was missing C6 on.

So Genshin revenue dipped lower than it's been for a very very long time. I think somebody in the thread mentioned it's their 3rd lowest revenue month of all time or something. It's hard to tell since this is just mobile. Star Rail absolutely KILLED it in March, especially in CN. There was that one insane fucker in CN that rolled for 100 copies of the Acheron Light Cone (think 5* signature weapon in genshin terms) to prove his "love" for her. Also the Star Rail 2x top up bonuses reset since it was the anniversary, so I'm sure that helped quite a bit. Regardless, 2.0 was fucking fantastic from a story and content angle. I haven't played the 2.1 stuff yet. But damn, even when HoYo loses, they still win.

NTcGSGD.jpg

I didn’t pull at all but my gf got Kazuha in 80 pulls. She’s had terrible luck so this was a big win for her considering she wouldn’t have had enough if she had lost the 50/50.

I would like him, but I can’t guarantee the pull, as much as I want him it’s not enough to go through another grind for a character. I’m just chilling and build up Mona and Chev, that alone will eat up at least a month of logins. Hopefully by then there’s a leak or something gets revealed that I want.

I’m still torn on which direction to take Mona, EoSF or NO. I think one of the teams she will be on there will already be a NO user. It doesn’t stack, but does it refresh duration if another character has it?

Pejo

So I finally worked out the last of my problems with my new rig and am now using it.

Genshin looks fantastic at full 4k with maxed out everything. That said though, it's not really THAT much better than before. I think the biggest jump for me was when I started playing it in HDR, and I was doing that on my previous machine. The "pop" of the art, vistas, and colors is insane in HDR. Going from 1440p to 4k wasn't as big of a jump.

This is also my first time with a NVMe drive, and I have to say it's nice in the OS, but Genshin doesn't seem to really load too much faster. Maybe down to like 5-6 seconds down from 8-10 on the old SSD I was using. Genshin wasn't the primary reason nor driver for me to build a new rig, so any improvements are nice. I dunno when they added volumetric fog to the PC version, but I had an option for it now, so I turned that on. It made the initial loading screen at the celestia cloud area look way cooler. I only pissed around in the game for a few minutes, got too many other things to do on a brand new PC.

I am also disappointed that despite the raw power I'm throwing at the game, it still gets stutters occasionally when loading monster/objects in during open world exploration. I thought for sure that would be solved on the new rig, but annoyingly it's not. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast and the way they code it or something. jonnyXx jonnyXx do you get occasional stutters during exploration too on your machine?

jonnyXx

Genshin looks fantastic at full 4k with maxed out everything. That said though, it's not really THAT much better than before. I think the biggest jump for me was when I started playing it in HDR, and I was doing that on my previous machine. The "pop" of the art, vistas, and colors is insane in HDR. Going from 1440p to 4k wasn't as big of a jump.
I made the jump to 4k a long time ago from 1080p so it was a bigger jump for me. I still remember when I first loaded up Arkham Knight and was blown away.

This is also my first time with a NVMe drive, and I have to say it's nice in the OS, but Genshin doesn't seem to really load too much faster. Maybe down to like 5-6 seconds down from 8-10 on the old SSD I was using. Genshin wasn't the primary reason nor driver for me to build a new rig, so any improvements are nice. I dunno when they added volumetric fog to the PC version, but I had an option for it now, so I turned that on. It made the initial loading screen at the celestia cloud area look way cooler. I only pissed around in the game for a few minutes, got too many other things to do on a brand new PC.
The loading speeds would be better on NVMe if Genshin supported DiretStorage, unfortunately very few PC game do. The loading would be similar to PS5 if it did.

There is a Volumetric Fog option on PC but it's not quite the same as the Volumetric Cloud system that's on PS5.

I am also disappointed that despite the raw power I'm throwing at the game, it still gets stutters occasionally when loading monster/objects in during open world exploration. I thought for sure that would be solved on the new rig, but annoyingly it's not. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast and the way they code it or something. jonnyXx jonnyXx jonnyXx jonnyXx do you get occasional stutters during exploration too on your machine?
Yea I do get occasional stuttering while exploring. I read somewhere that setting Environmental Detail setting to highest increases stutters but personally I don't notice a difference with it on low vs high.

Pejo

When (your friend) forgets mods are enabled and you run into a character in an event story that seems slightly out of place...
T81iKXF.jpg

Pejo

Shocked Donkey Kong GIF

Rather than Rosaria, I'm more surprised by bare feet catgirl Paimon. Not judging though.
Oh, the neko ears mods has a few toggle variants and its an older mod that will toggle when you press the button whether or not the character is "visible", so that's just what it happened to get stuck on this time. It's got like barefoot/boots/with the halo/without the halo/cape/without cape/etc states, it's always something random when you're chatting with someone in game because I think the toggle button is a letter key and it never got changed.

I'm not a "feet guy".

jonnyXx

Oh, the neko ears mods has a few toggle variants and its an older mod that will toggle when you press the button whether or not the character is "visible", so that's just what it happened to get stuck on this time. It's got like barefoot/boots/with the halo/without the halo/cape/without cape/etc states, it's always something random when you're chatting with someone in game because I think the toggle button is a letter key and it never got changed.

I'm not a "feet guy".
This can get annoying when multiple mods use the same toggle key.

Pejo

This can get annoying when multiple mods use the same toggle key.
Yea you can change the merge.ini file to use whichever keys to toggle. There's also just a bit of text that you add to the .ini to prevent it from changing if the character isn't on screen for older mods. Newer ones have it built in by default if you use the python script to build your .ini.

The toggle key thing is in this part:
Code:
[KeySwap]
condition = $active == 1
key = [
back = ]
type = cycle
$swapvar = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29

I think that "Condition" variable is the part that makes it so that it only swaps when the character is visible, but you have to define it somewhere.

SSfox

Been doing Fontaine Quests recently, those are so good man

Just did the one where the Lighthouse goes Underwater quite epic

Last edited:

Pejo

Special program means codes for gems!

Edit.
Forgot about the monthly reset for wishes in the store. Out of my 5 blue wishes I got a Keqing, so that’s nice for the collection.
Congrats! She's actually really good in Hyperbloom and Aggravate teams. One of the few still-meta standard 5* characters, in my opinion.

A little late, but Dehya, Charlotte, and Cloud Retainer's birthday official art posts:

Pejo

miHoYo is now in the top 15 highest valued private companies in the world at ~23 billion.

Wonder if they’ll ever make more costumes, or add more things to do in the world.

Livestream happened a couple hours ago. Not much of note to share, but here's a pic of Sethos:

FvzxDpu.png

On other pics his Electro vision can be seen. He's rumored to become playable in 4.7. I hope he's not meant to work with Clorinde or something. New banners will be Arle + Lyney and Wanderer + Baizhu. This is already Baizhu's third banner. I've seen some speculation that they want to get him ready for Chronicled Wish ASAP. Would be funny.

I'm most excited for the drip marketing in about ten days. Leakers are still not sure if Sigewinne will release in 4.7, and whether she's a 5-star. They don't usually release new characters in X.8 updates, and it wouldn't make much sense to release two 4-stars in 4.7 (assuming Sethos leaks are true), so my money's on her being a 5-star.

Oh, and here's some codes:

WTKBMBD8ZZRZ

EAKA5BU9HHRM

9B3AMTCQZYQ9

Top Bottom